PDA

View Full Version : fan making a funny noise.

hinged_bap
5th February 2011, 12:15
This is seriously irritating me. the heater fan occasionally makes what can be best desribed as the sort of noise a dishwasher makes when something inside it is misplaced and the rotating arms hit it, sort of a cross between a tick and a mild thud. it only happens on slow speed, sometimes it won't do it for a week and then it starts again. I've searched the forum but can't find anything. Its driving me mad, any suggestions appreciated.

pab
5th February 2011, 12:54
thread moved to the technical help forum for hopefully some suggestions,redirection left.

T-Cut
5th February 2011, 14:53
I guess you mean the interior heater fan?

TC

SD1too
5th February 2011, 20:05
...the heater fan occasionally makes what can be best described as ... a cross between a tick and a mild thud.
David,

I don't know how long you've owned the car, but is there definitely a pollen filter fitted?

Simon.

hinged_bap
5th February 2011, 20:41
David,

I don't know how long you've owned the car, but is there definitely a pollen filter fitted?

Simon.

definately the interior heater fan.
i've had her since last summer and after reading the advices on here, one of the first jobs was the plenums, which included a change of the filter sandwiched between the ecu and bulkhead on the nearside ( is that the pollen filter )

biggles2000
5th February 2011, 21:00
... which included a change of the filter sandwiched between the ecu and bulkhead on the nearside ( is that the pollen filter )

Yes, that is the pollen filter.