PDA

View Full Version : bonnet pull

lamuff
6th February 2011, 12:32
i was just thinking of doing the jag style grill mesh on my connie and i hav hit a snag ...what do you do with the bonnet pull? it pops out through the grill at the moment but wont if i mesh it ...what have you guys done to overcome this ?

sorry i have searched but cant find the answer:shrug:

Parker
6th February 2011, 12:41
I don't think you will find an answer, from 2002/2003 the bonnet release was modified and comes out above the grille. It is these cars that have had meshed grilles or chromed slats done.

Unless of course someone post to say yes they have done it but I can't remember seeing such a post. :shrug:

stocktake
6th February 2011, 12:44
The newer type bonnet opening assy is a bolt on mod so that you no longer have the lever poking through the grill ;)

James.uk
6th February 2011, 12:44
I think you can convert the old ones so they work like the newer ones. Dunno how though, but be patient someone will help in a minute.. :) :D

Oops the Calvary have already arrived.. :D AKA Dave... :D

Here to hinder --------- :D

stocktake
6th February 2011, 12:45
I think you can convert the old ones so they work like the newer ones. Dunno how though, but be patient someone will help in a minute.. :) :D

Sloooooooooooow james :D :D :D

Parker
6th February 2011, 12:56
There you go a mod can be done,so you can mesh your grille or this is one I did earlier, well 2 years ago.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/53194c65741b26ee9.jpg

lamuff
6th February 2011, 12:58
so it is possable... just gonna have to do some more thinking and digging around

cheers guys

lamuff
6th February 2011, 13:03
if there is a way to mod the old one it would be much appreciated !

lamuff
7th February 2011, 17:59
anyone had any more thoughts on how to modify the original bonnet release to work with the mesh :confused: