PDA

View Full Version : Where exactly is the SRS (Air-Bag) Module 2001 zt-160

m0rph
6th February 2011, 18:24
I would appreciate any advice!

I have pulled apart and pushed all the connectors under the seat and it has not sorted it!

So want to have a look to make sure the SRS module is all plugged in propperly.

I have the centre console apart all the way down inc the ashtray/cup holders, but its dark and i can see much, and dont really know what i am looking for! (was just hoping it might be something obvious!!).

So if anbody has some pointers, or a pic of this baby in place?

Also any other ideas? tried the plugs (only other thing is to try and cable tie the plugs tight!.

Also is there anybody in swindon with a T4? or whatever is needed to read the codes?

Thanks for any advice or info.

I did do a search but could not find a specific answer to my question.

Daz

suffolk boy
6th February 2011, 18:41
the control unit is located under the chubby hole handbrake assembly

Bernard LPG
6th February 2011, 18:45
the control unit is located under the chubby hole handbrake assembly

...and the centre console over the 'tunnel' has to be lifted to get at it. :mad:

m0rph
6th February 2011, 21:17
WOW! thanks for your reply`s!

I`ll give this a go in the morning

Daz

Bernard LPG
6th February 2011, 21:22
WOW! thanks for your reply`s!

I`ll give this a go in the morning

Daz

I found the worst job is getting at the two screws either side of the tunnel as the seats are in the way. I did manage to get at them in one car but I finished up unfastening the seats in my MG.
Best of luck with it.

graham2230
7th February 2011, 07:56
Picture of module location, difficult to get to as the other posters have said.

I'd also suggest checking the side impact sensor as it is far more likely to be damaged or have the wiring comprimised.

Graham

BigRuss
7th February 2011, 10:50
I'd also suggest checking the side impact sensor as it is far more likely to be damaged or have the wiring comprimised.

I agree especially if there's been any water ingress into the footwells as the connectors can suffer from corrosion, these are also not easy to get at;)

Russ

graham2230
7th February 2011, 12:30
Russ,

No they are a pain in the butt, seats out kick plates off, seatbelt disconnected and some blood donated to the carpet and trim! My carpet was soaked through because the gromet at the clutch master cylinder not replace properly some time ago.

If you want the carpet out to dry the centre consul has to come out as well.

Graham

m0rph
7th February 2011, 18:27
Thanks for all the reply`s!.

Will check this tomorow, and also the side impact sensor (if i can fid that!!)

This forum is AWSOME!!

Daz

graham2230
7th February 2011, 18:48
Morph,

The side impact sensor is on a cross brace about 3 inches in from the bottom of the door pillar. To get to it is a bit of a pig,

I'll try and find a pic of it and post it later but if you pull back the carpet and the foam is wet it's a fair chance that the side impact sensor is wet through too. Happened to mine recently.

Graham

m0rph
8th February 2011, 16:42
Thanks for all your help..

As for the SRS module...... I DONT HAVE ONE!!! :shrug:

i have the grey thing next to it!

will check out the other in the morning.

Daz