PDA

View Full Version : wet in the footwell

bensurf
7th February 2011, 12:07
Hi all - Regarding my 2003 cdti saloon (with sunroof)

Under my carpet (front and back) is full of water. its not really coming through the carpet much but but i lifted it up yesterday and the foam is sopping wet.
I removed the front scuttle panels and checked the plenum chaimber and this was bone dry and the drains were clear.
where else might this water be coming from?

Please help - i want to sort this out asap:confused:

my car has a sunroof - am i right in thinking that there are drains somewhere that can get blocked?

Regards. Ben

graham2230
7th February 2011, 12:59
Ben,

Just search Sunroof Drains and there's a good description of where they are and how to solve the problem

Graham

trikey
7th February 2011, 15:38
And check the rear light seals, you will be surprised how the water can travel forwards!

sailorhms
7th February 2011, 17:21
Have a look at the little sunroof drain tubes which come through next to the fuse box on the n/s and above the bonnet pull on the o/s, they are in two parts and can come apart, my n/s one came apart and let water in under the carpet for at least six months, there was about a gallon of water in the rear and front footwell and it hardly showed through the carpet due to its waterproof backing.
I just put a little glue on the two halves of the pipe and stuck them together, been ok since.

Andy K
8th February 2011, 19:57
and also get into the front wheel arches, (remove plastic liner) and cut the end of the sunroof drain tubes

Pics here:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66685&highlight=sunroof

stocktake
8th February 2011, 20:06
All excellent advice above and should solve your problem, another less often problem is the AC drains, a quick check underneath to make sure air is blowing through them when A/C is on. :)