PDA

View Full Version : double din unit?

tezzer
8th February 2011, 15:24
Hi all im looking to buy a double din head unit, has anyone had any experience with the MEOS MC702B DVD CD TV B/TOOTH 7" UNIT? Im interested in this unit as it seems to do everything i want from a unit and its very reasonably priced at £197.00..:confused: anyone got any advice on this or others similar in price?

tezzer
9th February 2011, 06:52
im just gonna have to take a punt on it, but the feedback ive had are all from internet source and im un sure on the reliability of them, but if no one knows these units i will be the first to give them a go and i will let you all know how i get on, i will give feedback on sound, build quality, materials of unit etc..

Radioguy
9th February 2011, 23:00
Hi tezzer , You do know that Unit has No GPS , Right ?

Sean

tezzer
10th February 2011, 08:47
Hi Sean, thats the one thing its missing but to be fair i dont go to many places that i need GPS, also i have smartnav built in car, and a tom tom... so its not that important to me it would of been nice but i dont suppose i can have it all..
obviously you have bundles of experience in this field, have you had any experience with these, are they any good?
cheers
i know alot of members have got alot of your units fitted and all seem to have good feedback but at the mo they seem to be a little out of my price range take into account fitting aswell.. i could save a little more but would like one very soon as my head unit at the mo is useless..

Ive just been having another look at that unit it says its gps ready is that not the same thing? ta

Radioguy
10th February 2011, 14:20
Hi Sean, thats the one thing its missing but to be fair i dont go to many places that i need GPS, also i have smartnav built in car, and a tom tom... so its not that important to me it would of been nice but i dont suppose i can have it all..
obviously you have bundles of experience in this field, have you had any experience with these, are they any good?
cheers
i know alot of members have got alot of your units fitted and all seem to have good feedback but at the mo they seem to be a little out of my price range take into account fitting aswell.. i could save a little more but would like one very soon as my head unit at the mo is useless..

Ive just been having another look at that unit it says its gps ready is that not the same thing? ta

H tezzer,

Well, I think if you listen to CEEDY , CLICK HERE (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=64734) he has some experience with What are referred to as "Universal" units. This unit is made to ISO dimensional standards to Fit most any car that will take a 2 DIN unit. He sent it Back 2 times and now is defective again i think .. I think thats how it went....

GPS Ready is termed to fool some people ! LOL It means that you can Fit an EXTERNAL GPS receiver later if you choose. They are VERY expensive and Difficult to find one that Mates to the unit because they must Interface with the firmware. This is 3-4 year old technology .. I went through that phase and it was not Pretty !

I have sold many Universal units , Some pretty good , some are now Planters in my patio ... The Movable screen is nice , but a) motorized, b) moving and c) Made in China are not a good combination...

Youwould be better served to Buy a refurbished unit from us OR Mak Payment arrangements ! PM me if you are interested...

Trying to be as Unbiased as possible
Cheers Sean

tezzer
10th February 2011, 16:54
i know it must be hard to stay un biased on here considering the trade you do amongst the forum, so thanks for getting back to me i didnt know you did a payment plan, that may be an option for me! i would like to buy a trusted unit so one of yours would be good. i will pm you in very near future.
cheers Tezzer