PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem with early Double Din

STUBIE
8th February 2011, 16:47
Double din bought last April by former member paulads and then sold to me before christmas.

Initially it was freezing in IGO Maps

Now It can't see any GPS and soemtimes does not go into the the GPS mode.

Stubs

MARKUK
8th February 2011, 17:16
Hiya,

Have you tried a total reset ?...all cables out for a couple of hours should do the trick...

ceedy
8th February 2011, 17:23
If a power down does not work

Pull the SD card out , select GPS and see if it complains about no GPS program.

If this is OK then use the system setup to check the GPS is finding satelites and sending data, there should be menu options for this.

If you don't get a menu, or menu Ok and No data showing then you may have a Faulty GPS card ? :(

C.

STUBIE
8th February 2011, 17:48
If I reset it by pulling power to the UNit it will load the GPS mode when Navi button pressed but if you try it a couple of times you just get a blue screen.

I concur I think the GPS card is knacked.

Stubs

MARKUK
8th February 2011, 17:58
Yeah it doesn't sound that cracking...

You could try a new / different SD card to rule that side out

ceedy
9th February 2011, 12:22
It not an impossible task to replace it if you can solder..
I've done it twice..

and its just gone again ..so I'm in need of one too.

but getting another card is the problem.

C.

tony_fry
9th February 2011, 13:49
If I reset it by pulling power to the UNit it will load the GPS mode when Navi button pressed but if you try it a couple of times you just get a blue screen.

I concur I think the GPS card is knacked.

Stubs

Stu, if it's the GPS bord thats gone wrong you will have a great deal of trouble, there are two variants of the WinCe5 board, I know from speaking to Sean (Radioguy) and Emonn (CTDi) how hard it is to get the correct one from the Chinese.

Every now and again I get a white screen that changes to blue, the only thing to do is remove the power supply from the unit (unplug the two connectors on the rear) and leave it for 10 minutes, it should then power up okay.

On our units the GPS board does not need to be soldered, its just a plug in board, so if you can get the right one, its just a matter for swaping the GPS board over which is a 5 minute job.

STUBIE
9th February 2011, 13:53
I will contact Haulingan support and see what support I get.

Stubs

tony_fry
9th February 2011, 14:04

Stubs

OMG good luck ;)

CDTi
9th February 2011, 14:49

StubsI suggest you contact Sean (Radioguy). Hualingan are notorious for their aftersales service. Sean should be able to help you.

STUBIE
9th February 2011, 15:29
Was Bought directly as far as I know. But I am confirming that with the orginal purchaser.

Stubs

CDTi
9th February 2011, 15:43
Was Bought directly as far as I know. But I am confirming that with the orginal purchaser.

StubsEven if it was bought directly, Sean should still be able to help with repairs.

picky747
9th February 2011, 21:10
Sean sorted me out with a satnav module after I flashed it with the wrong WinCe.The one you need is shown below and is ,as mentioned ,just a plug in card.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/68tych.jpg

Radioguy
9th February 2011, 23:11

Stubs

I Just Blew off some steam about them

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=77087

Stubie Send us the unit, save yourself the aggravation and money

Or Pull the GPS Board, Give me a Picture and a serial # and Ill ge the parts for you

Sean

STUBIE
9th February 2011, 23:15
I Just Blew off some steam about them

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=77087

Stubie Send us the unit, save yourself the aggravation and money

Or Pull the GPS Board, Give me a Picture and a serial # and Ill ge the parts for you

Sean

Sean

Thank you, probably easier to send you the unit.

Can you PM an address.

Stubs

Radioguy
9th February 2011, 23:18
Sean

Thank you, probably easier to send you the unit.

Can you PM an address.

Stubs

Stubs, No sweat if yu prefer to do your own repairs... I can get the parts, May take a Bit of time , especially during the CNY .. May Even have a part or 2... PM'ing address , let me know your druthers

Sean