PDA

View Full Version : Standard fit battery brand?

rovexCDTi
8th February 2011, 19:00
Does anyone know what battery brand was fitted to the ZT diesel (2004)? Mine has gone flat twice in a month and i think it needs replacing because it might be the original. The alternator isnt that old and is giving 14v+ with the engine running.

tsautos
8th February 2011, 19:23
They were yuasa which then changed to identical looking Delphi badged batterys

rovexCDTi
8th February 2011, 19:29
Yeah mines a Delphi, i assume it is the original and getting well past its prime. The service record also shows the alternator was replaced 18 months ago, so i doubt a period of time with poor or little charging helped the battery.

New battery ordered. Its not worth charging the old one and hoping its ok at this age.

tsautos
8th February 2011, 20:03
The year of manufacture is heat stamped on the top outer edge of the battery visible from the top

rovexCDTi
12th February 2011, 09:53
10 02 04 so quite old. Ive replaced it now and the car is much perkier to start and runs better. The old batteries charge indicator was black and will not go green even after a full day of charging.

EnEnGee
12th February 2011, 21:29
I ahve just replaced the battery in my diesel tourer (2002) and it was a Delphi, and probably the original as it had the MGR part number on the top label.

It was at the stage where it needed jumping if left unused for a couple of days. With the new battery, it wizzes of fine and starts straightaway.