PDA

View Full Version : I can understand anyone wanting a V8 but.....

tourerfogey
17th November 2006, 16:11
I can understand anyone wanting a 75 or ZT V8
I can understand to some extent fitting a V8 bodykit to a lesser model
But this.......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330050344828&indexURL=11&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

...complete with V8 badging and then to claim it's worth £16.5K(!!) even without the bodykit!!

Who is he trying to kid?

GreyGhost
17th November 2006, 16:46
Question Number three has to be a P take.

The answer isn't much better, the seller is obviously a P taker of the first water.:rofl:

Are we now going to have Barry and his plastic tat brigade parked up in Halfords carparks trying to out-barry each other in 75s and ZTs? Doesn't bear thinking about. :cry:

Rob Bell
17th November 2006, 16:50
I think he's saying that the car had a list price of over 16k when new...

Nice front bumper, the car over all looks very very nice.

The over preponderance of V8 badges though.... :puke:

tourerfogey
17th November 2006, 17:00
I also don't understand why sellers say the car is advertised elsewhere (presumeably at a fixed price) but then say there is no Buy It Now price for eBay.

Alex30013k
17th November 2006, 17:05
All his done is put 3 V8 badges on it!

Lol

GreyGhost
17th November 2006, 17:10
Lots of car sellers use Ebay to test the market. By stating that the car may be withdrawn as it is advertised elsewhere complies with Ebay rules. Sellers are very often just gauging what the market price might be and pull the auction just before the end.
It's a fairly good way to find out what your vehicle is really worth on the open market.

GreyGhost
17th November 2006, 17:11

Lol

We used to use go faster stripes when I was a lad :rofl:

Kandyman
17th November 2006, 18:19
yes but you had Ken walking in front of you waving a red flag ;)

Kandyman
17th November 2006, 18:21
The car looks ok for sliver ;)

take the V8 badges off and a few K's of the price and it would be a nice car :)

At least Alex never put V8 badges on his ;) (waves to Alexs)

Phil
17th November 2006, 18:27
46mpg? 0-60 in 2 seconds, whats he on?!

GreyGhost
17th November 2006, 18:33
yes but you had Ken walking in front of you waving a red flag ;)

Living dangerously again sonny. :)

GreyGhost
17th November 2006, 18:35
46mpg? 0-60 in 2 seconds, whats he on?!

Probably Amphetamine Sulphate. :rofl:

Rob Bell
17th November 2006, 18:50

Lol

Four actually - he's gone and stuck another on the airbag cover too, for good measure. :rolleyes:

MartinW
17th November 2006, 18:51
What he meant, I think, is that the difference in performance and top speed is about 2 secs and 20mph between the 1.8T and the V8. Whilst this might seem strange, the 1.8T is probably quite a bit lighter on mass, plus I agree with the seller, the difference in running costs, as in tyres etc is quite substantial.
And it was pre-registered - 05 plate but seller says bought from dealer new in Jan 2006.
Apart from the V8 badges it looks really nice.

Jon
17th November 2006, 18:54
Don't think I've ever seen anyone ask permission to place a bid on ebay.......!!:confused: :rolleyes:

Pete
17th November 2006, 19:18
A 1.8 with V8 badges on it?

Well these silver owners do get a bit deluded you know. I think it's the glare or something.... :laughing2:

markperkins
17th November 2006, 19:33
The car looks ok for sliver ;)

take the V8 badges off and a few K's of the price and it would be a nice car :)

At least Alex never put V8 badges on his ;) (waves to Alexs)

..chap says 'gold' on the spec.
Needs :cool:

Keith
17th November 2006, 20:52
That one is on its second or third try on Ebay

Bin last time was £8995 iirc frankly any car over badged to me looks naf!

Now otoh what about if I debadged Boris and put CDTi badges on the back, do you think anyone would notice ;)

Womble
17th November 2006, 21:02
I love the line about "maintained regardless of cost"... That'll be since it left the dealer 10 months ago then?? :confused: :D

Tim
17th November 2006, 21:18
It does look nice, but attention to detail would make it look better. :unlucky:

The airbag cover with the V8 badge must be playing heavy on the car. The panel is not inline with the rest of the dash.

Ebay matey if you are going to block out the front reg, do the back as well!!!:twonk:

JP53
17th November 2006, 21:35
It's a nice looking car but I think it looks daft with the V8 badges on.

lildevil
17th November 2006, 22:24
How can you put V8 badges on a non V8 car. That defeats the whole object. People can obviously tell that it isn't a V8....a 1.8 sounds nothing like a V8. He must be mad. You either buy the actual thing or just live with what you have got as far as im concerned. Whats the point of doing up cars so they look like something there not. Im proud to own a Rover 75 V6. I am not saying I wouldn't like a V8 because I would but would I put a V8 badge on my V6.....no way!

Regards
Tom

JP53
17th November 2006, 22:34
How can you put V8 badges on a non V8 car. That defeats the whole object. People can obviously tell that it isn't a V8....a 1.8 sounds nothing like a V8. He must be mad. You either buy the actual thing or just live with what you have got as far as im concerned. Whats the point of doing up cars so they look like something there not. Im proud to own a Rover 75 V6. I am not saying I wouldn't like a V8 because I would but would I put a V8 badge on my V6.....no way!

Regards
Tom

He must have added a recording of a V8 exhaust to his stereo system :laughing2: I agree with everything you said. What a wally.

Simon
17th November 2006, 23:34
I'd reckon the auction would do much better if he advertised it properly, took off the silly V8 badges and pushed the selling points of the 1.8 Turbo unit rather than saying (in the style of a Californian shifty-looking guy) "Yeah, it's like totally V8, man" :youmug:

Hmmm. I feel the need to buy it just to remove those V8 badges. I'm sure someone would buy it off me after... Perhaps my Dad - he wants a new car. :D

(Oh - just remembered. I'm skint! Doh! :()

JP53
18th November 2006, 20:40
I'd reckon the auction would do much better if he advertised it properly, took off the silly V8 badges and pushed the selling points of the 1.8 Turbo unit rather than saying (in the style of a Californian shifty-looking guy) "Yeah, it's like totally V8, man" :youmug:

Hmmm. I feel the need to buy it just to remove those V8 badges. I'm sure someone would buy it off me after... Perhaps my Dad - he wants a new car. :D

(Oh - just remembered. I'm skint! Doh! :()

We should have a 'wip round' and buy it just so we can de-badge it poor thing :D