PDA

View Full Version : Help finding somewhere to sort remote locking problem

75er
9th February 2011, 14:51
The remote locking function on my 75 cdti Connie tourer has never worked since I bought the car a few years ago. I have no idea what the problem is, so I lock and unlock the car via the key in the door lock, but it would be good though to get it sorted. I did take it to an auto electrician a while ago who wasn't able to identify the problem. Has anyone had a remote locking problem which has been sorted by a garage somewhere which they could recommend? I'm up and down the country a fair bit so location wouldn't be too much of a problem. :confused:

Jezzer 1
9th February 2011, 14:58
The remote locking function on my 75 cdti Connie tourer has never worked since I bought the car a few years ago. I have no idea what the problem is, so I lock and unlock the car via the key in the door lock, but it would be good though to get it sorted. I did take it to an auto electrician a while ago who wasn't able to identify the problem. Has anyone had a remote locking problem which has been sorted by a garage somewhere which they could recommend? I'm up and down the country a fair bit so location wouldn't be too much of a problem. :confused:

Go and see Nick at Austin Garages near Burton on Trent.

http://www.austingarages.co.uk/about_us.html

Has T4, knows the cars backwards, forwards and inside out, will sort it in no time, and Jean his wife will provide the tea ;).

Can't recommend them enough - and no, I'm in no way related!

75er
9th February 2011, 15:22
Brilliant, thanks very much Jezzer, I'm often by Burton on Trent so I'll go and see them :}