PDA

View Full Version : Boot Seal

Snagger
9th February 2011, 16:30
Having just choked on my tea looking at the price of a 75 boot seal from Rimmers, does anyone know if, or has fitted any universal type door ~ boot seals, and can recommend any particular type.The only reason I ask is the profile of the original fit seal is a bit fancy, and suppose it was only manufactured for our cars !!. :shrug:

Regards

Groover.

Goliath
9th February 2011, 16:35
Hi there, I too baulked at the price new - so I purchased a second hand from a breaker on eBay - good as new now and only £15....not always available though, had to keep checking for a couple of weeks....hope this helps:):)

Martynp
9th February 2011, 20:06
Why do you need a new one?
If its water ingress, then check the seal is correctly adheering to the boot lid by pulling gently to see if it is fully stuck to the metal, everywhere

Snagger
9th February 2011, 20:35
Why do you need a new one?
If its water ingress, then check the seal is correctly adheering to the boot lid by pulling gently to see if it is fully stuck to the metal, everywhere

It's totally split nearly the full length bottom edge, and has several snicks and slashes along it's length .I've done all the waterproofing sealant mods today, and only noticed how bad the seal is when I was putting all the tools away.Due rain here tommorrow so it will be the tester, but the seal is definately peggered and needs replacing.

Groover.

Martynp
9th February 2011, 21:00
In that case, if the seal is hollow, as the body to door seals are , then try sliding some of that clear plastic pipeing from the hardware store inside of the existing seal?
That could take care of any deformation of the seal