PDA

View Full Version : Petrol engine Air Filters

achandler
9th February 2011, 18:27
Could someone help a new 75 owner living in New Zealand. I wish to get a new air filter for my 2000 Rover 75 2.5litre Club SE Auto. My local parts suppliers tell me that there are two different sizes. I have measured my present filter which is a FRAM CA9102 and it would appear to be the smaller of the two. This one appears to be unavailable from most suppliers, so I have gone to the ebay (UK) website and find that both sizes are available in the UK. I cannot find any mention in any of my books and CDs on the Rover 75, saying that they did in fact have two different sizes for the petrol versions.
I have since found that my Fram filters Rover equivalent is the PHE 100460, but Rimmers website says that the PHE100461 fits ALL petrol engined 75's. Can anyone help a poor very confused kiwi, before I end up buying the wrong one?

Martynp
9th February 2011, 19:54
Welcome to the forums
I would rely on Rimmers to send you the correct one, they are after all the knowledgeable source.
They post worldwide too, unlike ebay generaly
Quote VIN number of your chassis & year car made when contacting them, which engine you have could be vital to get correct filter

Later, apologies, see you have a 2.5V6, suggest you ammend your info to reflect this. As in my profile----

jn12
9th February 2011, 20:45
Hi,

Look at the following link for a K and N one. This is the correct one, a little more expensive but last much longer, they also are supposed to give more power. I have one fitted to my V6 no change in noise, however not noticed any change in performance.

John

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-Rover-ZT-ZT-T-75-1-8-2-0-2-5-V6-K-N-Air-Filter-/150415933961?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23057d0209

achandler
10th February 2011, 08:28
Yes, I have tried K&N filters in the past, in fact I fitted them on a Rover SD1 V8. I too, noticed no difference in noise or performance. Maybe I dont cane my cars hard enough!
Difficult to know whether they are doing your car any harm (or good) since I dont kerep my cars long enough or drive them hard enough to know whether that extra cost is worth it or not.

jn12
10th February 2011, 16:35
I doubt they do any harm but they do last longer then the paper ones and are washable. Would save you having to source another in a year or so.

John