PDA

View Full Version : CDTi Injector removal

carl
10th February 2011, 08:56
Do you have to release the pressure in the fuel rail before removing the injectors from a CDti 75 ?

Reason im asking is there is a diesel in a local breakers and im thinking a spare set of injectors to have refurbed and kept in the garage ready for when the day comes that they originals fail (cars on 126k)

So how do I go about pulling them out the donor car ?

Mike Noc
10th February 2011, 09:30
You might have a long wait before you fit them - mine have done 295k, and I have heard of some doing many more miles.

Agree its a good idea to have a back up set as you can always sell them if you don't need them yourself. Maybe to me before too long!

Mike

carl
10th February 2011, 09:55
The car is a long term keeper so the milage will drop off when it stops being the everyday car (hopefully in a year at the most) so im sccumilating a few spares for the long term and I thoughtr a chance of a cheap set of injectors would be handy

FLYER
10th February 2011, 10:18
if It,s the newer type of injectors with the plastic/rubber seal halfway down the outside of the injectors casing there is a fair chance they will just pop out with some teasing but if they are the older type I wouldn,t bother as they will most likely be corroded in and as I found out with my Y reg It,s a mare .

carl
10th February 2011, 11:06
do you need to release the pressure from the system George ?

Matt1960
10th February 2011, 11:16
No pressure to release, take off the inlet manifold and squirt penetrating oil down the sides of the injectors, as much as you can. Ideally leave overnight. Then undo the fuel lines, the electrical connectors, the fuel return connectors and undo the clamp bolts.
When undone there should be a tiny amount of sideways movement of the injector. You can gently lever it backwards and forwards until it becomes easier. Then it should be able to be pulled upwards. No sideways movement at all and it is siezed, and probably needs soaking in penetrating oil for longer.

Matt

carl
10th February 2011, 12:00
theyll be no soaking in oil unfortunatly just some serious pulling as its in a breakers

scouseeric
10th February 2011, 12:28
theyll be no soaking in oil unfortunatly just some serious pulling as its in a breakers

Wont the yard remove them for you? Im only thinking if things go wrong he might charge you for them anyway.

Eric.

carl
10th February 2011, 15:02
its an old fashioned scrappers - cars stacked 2 high - off you go and climb over them - if you break it just abandon it and find another one type of thing

I just go to the counter and say tenner for that lot mate ? - they normally agree

bramblp
10th February 2011, 21:40
Do you have to release the pressure in the fuel rail before removing the injectors from a CDti 75 ?

Reason im asking is there is a diesel in a local breakers and im thinking a spare set of injectors to have refurbed and kept in the garage ready for when the day comes that they originals fail (cars on 126k)

So how do I go about pulling them out the donor car ?
There should be no pressure left in the rail if it has been lying in the scrapyard for a while, but if there was pressure then yes you would have to release the pressure. If you have difficulty removing the injectors use a lever to thist them left and right over and over again this will loosen them, even the worst of them. Three of mine ( at 170000 miles ) came out with 5 minutes of twisting each, the fourth took an hour until it rose up high enough to get a grip on the main body with a pipe grips and was able to twist it with much greator vigor, another 2 minutes and it was out.