PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav Help!!!

gwp
10th February 2011, 12:16
Hi,

Can anyone help, I've got a ZT 190SE with the builtin Sat Nav etc. This morning when I truned the car on the screen was completely frozen, couldn't select any menu options or anything. Radio still works but the display does not change to the Radio etc.

Tried the obvious things like turning the unitl off and on again, turning the car off and on again but it doesn't seem to clear.

Is there another way to reset the unit (other than disconnecting the battery as I don't have any tools with me) I need to find my way out of central london tonight and don't think I'll manage without the Sat Nav!

J1MBO
10th February 2011, 15:39
Don't know if this will help but this is the proceedure used by MGR to reset the hiline system.

1. Switch off unit using main on/off button (one with the orange tell tale on the bottom right of the unit)
2. Switch on the unit using the same button
3. Within 8 seconds press and hold the TP button, on the unit, until the radio station read out re-appears and music etc can be heard
4. Switch off the unit again
5. Switch the unit back on and you can then select all radio bands along with CD, tape and tuner.

Hope it's a help

Edit: I've had a similar problem myself with freezing in satnav mode and found it tended to clear after a few hours.

Cheers
Jim

COLVERT
10th February 2011, 18:01
Head towards the sunset. :D

gwp
11th February 2011, 11:40
Thanks guys, as it turned out the Sat Nav was working again yesterday evening.

Unfortunately the sunset had gone by the time I left.....