PDA

View Full Version : power slump

7t5
17th November 2006, 16:40
my 75 cdt runs fine however when i go to pull away it seems that its a bit slow and slochy and doesnt seem to want to go anywhere, it does suddenly decide to go after a short while and it runs fine once it get into 3rd/4th ive cleaned the egr byt doesnt seem to have solved the problem, is it a common problem that i just have to put up with or is there a simple fix?

cheers

Roverron
17th November 2006, 16:52
my 75 cdt runs fine however when i go to pull away it seems that its a bit slow and slochy and doesnt seem to want to go anywhere, it does suddenly decide to go after a short while and it runs fine once it get into 3rd/4th ive cleaned the egr byt doesnt seem to have solved the problem, is it a common problem that i just have to put up with or is there a simple fix?

cheers

Its the maf sensor. You can confirm by unplugging it temporarily.

Either my mafam MF75p or this plus a Pierburgh maf sensor will cure the lack of low down torque.

Please visit my 75home page for photos of the where the sensor is. You need a long reach 5mm Allen/hex key to undo the 5 bolts holding the air filter cover on. (3 along the top front, 1 each end at the back, lower down)

http://45zs.info/75Zt/R75home.htm

Ron

7t5
17th November 2006, 19:12
thanks i will have a browse and see whats what
thx

yp53
18th November 2006, 19:40
I have experienced this sort of power loss a few times, and it has always been due to a dirty MAF. They are very sensitive to dirt, usually a thin oily film of stuff that gets through (or off!) the air filter. When dirty, the maf will underestimate the airflow into the engine, and decide to limit of fuel it delivers, hence the power loss. As soon as the turbo kicks in, the air flow shoots up and you get a bucket load of fuel delivered, hence the power surge at around 1800rpm.

This doens't necessarily mean you have a dodgy MAF, it may just need a good clean - I use a can of isoproyl alcohol from Maplins which has always done the trick. Be very careful just to blast the thing - don't use any cottom buds or anything hard as you may damage it. Worth trying before condemning the maf to the bin.

Ron's mafam box can also help by compensating for the dirt effect or any other problem that may have affected its calibration.