PDA

View Full Version : springs ?

lamuff
10th February 2011, 19:36
my connie cdti tourer seems to be higher on the front than the rear would a pair of zt-t cdtifront springs be any lower and same spring rate as my standard connie cdti ones or are they all the same on the oil burners?

para999
10th February 2011, 19:55
my connie cdti tourer seems to be higher on the front than the rear would a pair of zt-t cdtifront springs be any lower and same spring rate as my standard connie cdti ones or are they all the same on the oil burners?

Dunno about whether all 75 Tourers use the same or not...my Conn SE CDT was also lower at the back (spring code on mine is RG). I am using a pair of spring assisters on the rear springs - towing accessory - that has stiffened the suspension and raised it to an acceptable level as a temporary measure. The cure is obviously to replace the springs with the correct ones...

The code can be found under the rear seat cushion, or on the spring itself.

Hope this helps

:)

lamuff
10th February 2011, 20:49
food for thought ... duno if i wanna raise ther rear or sharpen the front a little with drop n stiffen up ?

thanks again

johnno
20th February 2011, 21:34
hey para999 where did you get your spring assistors from please?

Dragrad
20th February 2011, 21:41
The tourers do ride a little lower than the saloons, apparently for ease of loading ;)

para999
3rd March 2011, 11:31
hey para999 where did you get your spring assistors from please?

Sorry for the late reply...didn't see your post!

I got mine from Halfords...think they should be available from any motor factor.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_19 2559_langId_-1_categoryId_165660

These are a G14...cant remember what size I bought..they are a few different sizes.

Can try fleabay too...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spring-Assistors-Fits-ROVER-75-SERIES-NEW-98-Towing-/290537804262?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a56711e6