PDA

View Full Version : OBAN WEEKEND: Sat 9th/Sun 10th April 2011

derekosb
18th February 2011, 13:09
Hi everyone.

Thanks to some sterling work by our new Argyll member Halcyon (Steve) we have a weekend meet set up for early April this year.

SATURDAY 9th and SUNDAY 10th APRIL 2011
The Cuilfail Hotel, Kilmelford, by Oban, Argyll, PA34 4XA

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%202011/CuilfailHotelA.jpg

The intention is to have a small road run up to Oban and the surrounding area on the Saturday afternoon, ending at the Cuilfail Hotel where rooms are available at the rate of £70 (twin/double) or £85 for the Family Room, both are Bed & Breakfast. Evening Meals are available in the hotel and sound fantastic.

The suggested route for Saturday is leaving Glasgow heading up through Dumbarton on the Loch Lomond road (A82), through Inverbeg, Tarbet, Crianlarich, Tyndrum on to the A85 to Oban.

http://www.west-scotland-tourism.com/maridon-house/ScotMap.jpghttp://www.scotlandforvisitors.co.uk/mccaig.jpg

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/english/staff/afg/pics/oban2.png

We will then head down to Kilmelford for the evening. Anyone from Argyll can meet at any point on the route or in Oban and anyone coming up from Glasgow or through from the East can meet at a suitable point on the run. Times and meeting points to be confirmed once we know where people will be coming from.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%202011/Cuilfailphoto-fireplace.jpghttp://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%202011/CuilfailHotelC.jpg

The Cuilfail Hotel (http://www.cuilfail.co.uk/)

There is a pub quiz on the Saturday evening in aid of the local Firefighters Charity with prizes which we can participate in.

On the Sunday we will have a "meet" in the Hotel Car Park (Steve has now confirmed that this is okay with the Hotel owners) and their is a charity car wash operating on the Sunday 1/2 a mile down the road at the fire station as well so the cars can be spruced up for the meet after the Saturday run. We then may take a run to Lochgilphead or Inverary before taking the alternative route home south.

So far we have 7 members confirmed as attending with 4 staying at the hotel. Steve (Halcyon) living next door will obviously not need to stay.

Confirmed

1. Halcyon
2. Suzublu (H)
3. GRAHAM1961 (H)
4. Brush1 (H)
5. Flyer (H)
6. Freebyrd (H)
7. Tim_Burgess (Sunday meet only)
8. AldoR (and Alison) (H)
9. Derekosb
10. Rotrex (Sunday meet only)

Possibles

a. Garaidh
b. Francoh20
c. pab
d. barrienixon

As the hotel only has 12 rooms if you are interested in staying on the Saturday night please let Halcyon know (via PM) and he will organise the room with the Hotel.:bowdown:

Anyone wanting to attend please let me know and I will update the list on this page.:cool:

Sounds like this could be a cracking weekend and hoping I can manage along myself, even if it is only on the Sunday. Who's up for it?:D

Derek
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%202011/CuilfailHotelA-1.jpg

Tim_Burgess
18th February 2011, 15:08
Elsa might be working, but I'll definitely be along on the Sunday.

derekosb
18th February 2011, 16:05
Elsa might be working, but I'll definitely be along on the Sunday.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for confirming and I have added you to the list above.

Cheers,

Derek

suzublu
18th February 2011, 17:41
Hi Derek,as you know,i,ll be coming up on Sat. & intend driving up the 74 & then the 82 up past Loch Lomond, have you a time in mind to meet up,or is it too early yet? Thanks, Ronnie. Oh & a big thanks to Steve for organising the Hotel:bowdown:

derekosb
18th February 2011, 17:49
Hi Derek,as you know,i,ll be coming up on Sat. & intend driving up the 74 & then the 82 up past Loch Lomond, have you a time in mind to meet up,or is it too early yet? Thanks, Ronnie. Oh & a big thanks to Steve for organising the Hotel:bowdown:

Hi Ronnie,

Not really got a time set as yet although I was thinking of after lunch to meet in the Dumabrton Asda that we have used for the Loch Lomond meets.

With you having a long journey when would you expect to be reaching the north of Glasgow/Dumabrton area and we could plan it out in a bit more detail?

Derek

suzublu
18th February 2011, 17:56
It normally takes me about 3 hours to Glasgow,so i can set off 8 or 9 o.clock & meet you at Dumbarton if that helps?

derekosb
18th February 2011, 18:06
It normally takes me about 3 hours to Glasgow,so i can set off 8 or 9 o.clock & meet you at Dumbarton if that helps?

That sounds good Ronnie and not too ridiculous an early start for you then!!:D

Derek

suzublu
18th February 2011, 18:10
Do you want any rain bringing,or will you supply your own?:shrug::getmecoat:

francoh20
18th February 2011, 19:57
hi derek, i would like to make both days but i cant stay up there as my other half is heavily pregnant. it might just be sat or sun but hopefully both days. oh and hopefully car will be finshed. stick me on the hopefuls list please. will be looking forward to seeing you all. franco

Brush 1
18th February 2011, 20:10
had look on google earth of the hotel and right above front door is a yellow tennants lager sign, yahoo hope they got plenty i can feel the thirst already

derekosb
18th February 2011, 20:39
hi derek, i would like to make both days but i cant stay up there as my other half is heavily pregnant. it might just be sat or sun but hopefully both days. oh and hopefully car will be finshed. stick me on the hopefuls list please. will be looking forward to seeing you all. franco

Cool Franco, will add you to the possibles.:}

When is your other half due?

Derek

francoh20
18th February 2011, 21:01
she is due in may so april time getting real close!! ment to say like the new wheels by the way, very nice!!!!

FLYER
18th February 2011, 22:15
she is due in may so april time getting real close!! ment to say like the new wheels by the way, very nice!!!!You can tell the bairn it attended a meet even before it was born :D:D:D:D

rotrex
18th February 2011, 22:19
hi derek.
sounds like a good weekend, put me down as a possible for now and will let you know. cant say at this point I will stay sat as ££££ is a big problem righ now {hopefully a temporary thing} :shrug: tam.

francoh20
18th February 2011, 22:27
You can tell the bairn it attended a meet even before it was born :D:D:D:Dif it turns out to be anything like my 3yr son it will be car daft to!!:D oh and truck daft we love leyland road trains!!( served my time on them and erf,s):bowdown:

Simondi
18th February 2011, 22:28
This looks like a great weekend but I don't think I'll be able to make it:(

derekosb
18th February 2011, 22:31
hi derek.
sounds like a good weekend, put me down as a possible for now and will let you know. cant say at this point I will stay sat as ££££ is a big problem righ now {hopefully a temporary thing} :shrug: tam.

Hi Tam,

Excellent and hope you can make it along, even if it just on the Sunday.

I'll add you to the list of possibles and look forward to hearing from you once you know your position.

Derek

Halcyon
19th February 2011, 19:03
Looks like there'll be a good turnout! Hope you all enjoy the weekend. (Nice photos, Derek!)

The car wash will actually be at the local fire station - which is all of half a mile away on the Degnish road (we can't really park the appliance in the pub car park 'cause if we did nobody would get in or out).

I'm sure there won't be any problem with having the Sunday meet in the pub car park - Simon and Yvonne at the hotel are really helpful people, and it'll be good business anyway. There's also plenty of space. (They recently hosted the Lambretta Club of Great Britain A.G.M. and there were about two dozen scooters outside; the scooter people - who are great craic - were talking about coming back later in the year.)

There's some decent ale on tap, including some good brown ale.

I can't promise rain (oh all right, I probably can) so if you want to make sure, by all means bring your own!

Let us know when/where the run's going from, Derek, and we'll meet you on the road.

All the best
Steve

FLYER
20th February 2011, 15:36
Looks like there'll be a good turnout! Hope you all enjoy the weekend. (Nice photos, Derek!)

The car wash will actually be at the local fire station - which is all of half a mile away on the Degnish road (we can't really park the appliance in the pub car park 'cause if we did nobody would get in or out).

I'm sure there won't be any problem with having the Sunday meet in the pub car park - Simon and Yvonne at the hotel are really helpful people, and it'll be good business anyway. There's also plenty of space. (They recently hosted the Lambretta Club of Great Britain A.G.M. and there were about two dozen scooters outside; the scooter people - who are great craic - were talking about coming back later in the year.)

There's some decent ale on tap, including some good brown ale.

I can't promise rain (oh all right, I probably can) so if you want to make sure, by all means bring your own!

Let us know when/where the run's going from, Derek, and we'll meet you on the road.

All the best
SteveGood ale on tap EH ???????

Glad i,m staying 2 nights then :clap::wine::beer2::bigsmile::laughing2:

Halcyon
21st February 2011, 17:03
Just to let you all know - I've spoken with Simon at the Cuilfail and it'll be no problem at all to have a club meet there on the Sunday. We're looking forward to putting some faces to the names!
Cheers
Steve:}

derekosb
21st February 2011, 17:26
Just to let you all know - I've spoken with Simon at the Cuilfail and it'll be no problem at all to have a club meet there on the Sunday. We're looking forward to putting some faces to the names!
Cheers

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that and your earlier PM. I have moved Aldo up to the confirmed list and edited the post to reflect that the Sunday meet has now been "approved by the management":D. Thanks for sorting that:bowdown:

Anyone else fancy a weekend out??:}

Derek

pab
22nd February 2011, 05:52
can't commit to the whole weekend as yet as the dates clash with a another arrangement,but hopefully i will be able to make the sunday,i will be in touch with tim nearer the time and perhaps take a drive up with him.

the location looks fantastic and this is place i've always wanted to visit..

derekosb
22nd February 2011, 06:20
can't commit to the whole weekend as yet as the dates clash with a another arrangement,but hopefully i will be able to make the sunday,i will be in touch with tim nearer the time and perhaps take a drive up with him.

Hi Paul,

Hope you can make it mate and I've added you to the possibles. Let me know once you are able.

Cheers,

Derek

FLYER
22nd February 2011, 11:32

it,s a truly stunning drive , iv,e made the trip a good few times and still marvel at the beautiful surroundings.:drool4:

derekosb
22nd February 2011, 12:00
it,s a truly stunning drive , iv,e made the trip a good few times and still marvel at the beautiful surroundings.:drool4:

Yes, have to agree and fully intend to stop on the Rest and Be Thankful for some "group shots". I just hope we get a decent day for the cloud cover.

http://www.scottish-country-dancing-dictionary.com/images/rest-and-be-thankful.jpg

Derek

pab
22nd February 2011, 18:01
it,s a truly stunning drive , iv,e made the trip a good few times and still marvel at the beautiful surroundings.:drool4:totally agree,the surroundings are second to none,will do my best to make the weekend..

the hotel looks quite comfortable too,wonder if it has a well stocked bar of west highland malts?

FLYER
22nd February 2011, 18:27
totally agree,the surroundings are second to none,will do my best to make the weekend..

the hotel looks quite comfortable too,wonder if it has a well stocked bar of west highland malts?

that would be a given :drool4::D

Thomas
22nd February 2011, 20:52
Would like to come guys but its my wedding anniversary that weekend so have a few things planned :(

derekosb
23rd February 2011, 11:06
Would like to come guys but its my wedding anniversary that weekend so have a few things planned :(

Hi Thomas,

I take it your good lady does not fancy spending your anniversary with a bunch of MG Rover enthusiasts on a scenic tour of Argyll then??:D:D

Shame.....:}

Derek

pab
23rd February 2011, 12:14
Hi Thomas,

I take it your good lady does not fancy spending your anniversary with a bunch of MG Rover enthusiasts on a scenic tour of Argyll then??:D:D

Shame.....:}

Derekyou should have mentioned the overnight stay in nice hotel and a nice evening meal from the extensive menu..that could entice them a bit more :)

derekosb
23rd February 2011, 12:27
you should have mentioned the overnight stay in nice hotel and a nice evening meal from the extensive menu..that could entice them a bit more :)

Good point Paul. Lets see how good a salesman Thomas is then?? Can he convince his wife it is a romantic weekend away and a total coincedence when the car park is filled with 75 & ZT's and the bar with club members....:D:D:D

Derek

Thomas
23rd February 2011, 20:02
well I tried guys and she was up for it until she got suspicious because being romantics a bit out of character for me! when she spotted I was on here and reading off the screen well that was it really! :getmecoat:

FLYER
23rd February 2011, 20:59
well I tried guys and she was up for it until she got suspicious because being romantics a bit out of character for me! when she spotted I was on here and reading off the screen well that was it really! :getmecoat:

tell her i will be there that should do the trick :D

pab
23rd February 2011, 21:03
tell her i will be there that should do the trick :Dyeah right..:getmecoat:

FLYER
23rd February 2011, 22:50
yeah right..:getmecoat:

WHAT ???? What ???:D

derekosb
24th February 2011, 06:34
yeah right..:getmecoat:

You never know, she might be a fan of Stovies and need a supplier:D:D

WHAT ???? What ???:D

:D:D:D

:p:

Derek

Thomas
24th February 2011, 19:58
She said flyer who?????????:getmecoat:

FLYER
24th February 2011, 20:24
She said flyer who?????????:getmecoat:

flyer walks off into the sunset sobbing .:getmecoat::D

Thomas
24th February 2011, 20:28
who are you again? I mean er hi Flyer dont be sad I dont want to know my wife either ! :getmecoat: (joking people before I get taken away and beaten with a stick!)

FLYER
24th February 2011, 21:12
who are you again? I mean er hi Flyer dont be sad I dont want to know my wife either ! :getmecoat: (joking people before I get taken away and beaten with a stick!):pillow::fishslap::rant::box::angel::rofl:: ignore::flog::rofl::D

carl
1st March 2011, 17:10
Looks a great venu - Id love to do it but I think at 355 miles and 6 hours 44 mins it would be a little bit silly

derekosb
1st March 2011, 17:25
Looks a great venue - Id love to do it but I think at 355 miles and 6 hours 44 mins it would be a little bit silly

Not at all Carl! Make a weekend of it mate. Suzublu is coming up from Hartlepool and Fred Spencer has come up before from Leeds and J1MBO from Wilmslow.

Should be a good weekend. Go for it!!:D:D

Derek

J1MBO
1st March 2011, 17:31
I've been watching this Derek - sorely tempted.

When we lived in Milton-of Campsie used to have a run over to Oban quite frequently as my good ladies family on her fathers side hail from that part of the world.

Jim

derekosb
1st March 2011, 17:35
I've been watching this Derek - sorely tempted.

When we lived in Milton-of Campsie used to have a run over to Oban quite frequently as my good ladies family on her fathers side hail from that part of the world.

Jim

Not that I was trying to tempt you you understand......:}:}

It would be great to see you again Jim and you could always visit the family if they are still in the area.

Planning a nice road run on the Saturday on the way up and looks like being a good weekend.

Go on, it's only 2 tanks of petrol:getmecoat:

Derek

tricia1470
2nd March 2011, 08:16
Just looke and I'm nightshift, maybe the next time :-)

J1MBO
2nd March 2011, 18:16
Not that I was trying to tempt you you understand......:}:}

It would be great to see you again Jim and you could always visit the family if they are still in the area.

Planning a nice road run on the Saturday on the way up and looks like being a good weekend.

Go on, it's only 2 tanks of petrol:getmecoat:

Derek

Cheers Derek it would be nice to see you if I could make it but I've already commited for Calne next week, PoL in April, Chivenor and Prescot in May, France in June and ZedTen in July so I rather doubt it - pity.

I'll keep an eye on what you're doing north of the border.

Jim

derekosb
2nd March 2011, 22:18
Just looke and I'm nightshift, maybe the next time :-)

Hi Tricia and welcome to the club. Shame you can't make it this time but keep an eye on the Scottish Meets folder for other events:}

Hope you can make it along some time.

Derek

derekosb
2nd March 2011, 22:19
Cheers Derek it would be nice to see you if I could make it but I've already commited for Calne next week, PoL in April, Chivenor and Prescot in May, France in June and ZedTen in July so I rather doubt it - pity.

I'll keep an eye on what you're doing north of the border.

Jim

Wow Jim! you are a busy man. Very jealous and enjoy!:}

Derek

FLYER
2nd March 2011, 22:44
Wow Jim! you are a busy man. Very jealous and enjoy!:}

DerekJimbo is like a humming bird taking nectar from every flower :D.

Good god i,m going all smooth :getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat::D:D

suzublu
4th March 2011, 21:31
I'm not getting excited. 4 weeks & 5 days:D:drool4:

pab
4th March 2011, 21:37
west highland malts and heavy ale,perfect evening..

derekosb
7th March 2011, 16:58
Time for a quick bump and to advise that the list has now been updated as Freebyrd will be staying on Saturday night now.

Any more for any more?:}:}

Derek

allyandfi
7th March 2011, 20:57
Derek,
As we are away on holiday as its the kids easter holidays, I will not be able to come over.
If memory servers me right at Aird place in Oban, there used to be an Austin Rover Garage (even an Austin one before that), Wilsons who also had Garages in Dunoon and Sandbank. Think only Dunoon is Still open and just as a petrol station, though I have not been to Oban in years so maybe still there as a petrol station.Company was run by a few members of the Wilson Family, who I had the pleasure of knowing as a young lad, they were all lovely people and from where my love of Rovers comes from.

Hope the weather is good for you all, as it is a cracking part of the country when the weather is fine.

Garaidh
7th March 2011, 22:45
Derek

Hello there... hope you're well... it's looking a bit more likely now, reckon I'm maybe up the scale to a Probable! Would stay the Sat night too.

Hope it works out!

:driving:

derekosb
7th March 2011, 23:41
Derek,
As we are away on holiday as its the kids easter holidays, I will not be able to come over.
If memory servers me right at Aird place in Oban, there used to be an Austin Rover Garage (even an Austin one before that), Wilsons who also had Garages in Dunoon and Sandbank. Think only Dunoon is Still open and just as a petrol station, though I have not been to Oban in years so maybe still there as a petrol station.Company was run by a few members of the Wilson Family, who I had the pleasure of knowing as a young lad, they were all lovely people and from where my love of Rovers comes from.

Hope the weather is good for you all, as it is a cracking part of the country when the weather is fine.

Hi Ally,

Thanks for that mate and we hope the weather is good too so we can get some nice shots and enjoy a couple of days of good road runs. Shame you can't make it but hopefully you can make one later in the year?

Derek

Hello there... hope you're well... it's looking a bit more likely now, reckon I'm maybe up the scale to a Probable! Would stay the Sat night too.

Hope it works out!

:driving:

Excellent news hopefully Gary. Keep me posted and hope to see you that weekend.

Cheers,

Derek

Freebyrd
8th March 2011, 12:45
For those of us travelling from the east of Scotland, I am sure we could arrange to meet-up for the journey and meet with the 'West Coasters' at Crianlarich on the Saturday afternoon for the final leg to Oban. 'What does the team think' . PM me if interested and I will update the list.

1. Freebyrd
2. Graham 1961

Halcyon
14th March 2011, 19:15
Er... with reference to the post about gas stations, there are three petrol stations in Oban, one at Tesco's and two on the A816 Oban-Kilmelford road (one of which shuts on Sundays). There's also a 24-hour one the "Halfway House" on the A85 just East of Dunbeg about three miles before Oban.

No-one should run out of gas!

If anyone else wants me to book a room for them, just let me know - I live next to the hotel and can do so easily.

All the best
Steve

barrienixon
25th March 2011, 16:02
Can you stick me down as a possible, I just need to persude the wife and wains lol.:D

derekosb
25th March 2011, 16:07
Can you stick me down as a possible, I just need to persude the wife and wains lol.:D

Hi Barrie,

No worries mate. I'll add you to the list on Page 1 and hope you can make it along. Meeting point for the road run on the Saturday is likely to Asda at Dumbarton again so handy for you.

Are you up for both days?

Derek

barrienixon
25th March 2011, 16:18
I would like to make both days so I will need to find out if there is any family rooms left.

derekosb
25th March 2011, 16:27
I would like to make both days so I will need to find out if there is any family rooms left.

Hi Barrie,

Drop Halcyon (Steve) a quick PM and he will hopefully be able to ask for you.

Hoping you are a good negotiator mate:}

Derek

Freebyrd
3rd April 2011, 09:58
Arranging 'convoy' to Oban on Saturday (9th) from Edinburgh area. To meet up with the rest at Crianlarich. Post names or PM me if interested, also ideas on meet location, at/near Edinburgh bypass would suite most I think .

1. Freebyrd
2. Graham 1961
3. Brush 1 (poss)

Also reminder for meet at South Queensferry on Sunday April 24th, Hawes Inn for grub, seafront for pics

Graham1961
3rd April 2011, 10:47
Please put myself down for the "wee convoy" through to Crainlarich, i think Brush 1 maybe interested as well, i will try and contact him and see what he says.

FLYER
3rd April 2011, 17:44
The big day approacheth so let the organizing commence :D:D:D

derekosb
3rd April 2011, 19:57
The big day approacheth so let the organizing commence :D:D:D

Thanks George,

I will be having a look at meeting and rendezvous points and working out the running times shortly.

I'll stick up a detailed post once I have worked it all out.

Derek

FLYER
3rd April 2011, 21:57
Thanks George,

I will be having a look at meeting and rendezvous points and working out the running times shortly.

I'll stick up a detailed post once I have worked it all out.

Derekexcellent derek .:D

Brush 1
4th April 2011, 05:22
it would depend on time of mini convoy 2 crianlarich as i was hoping 2 arrive at either hotel or oban area btween 2ish and 3pm. allow bit of sight seeing and be first at bar (before graham drinks them dry) lol

Freebyrd
4th April 2011, 11:57
it would depend on time of mini convoy 2 crianlarich as i was hoping 2 arrive at either hotel or oban area btween 2ish and 3pm. allow bit of sight seeing and be first at bar (before graham drinks them dry) lol

Hoping to be there early afternoon myself, you can lead the convoy (and get the first round up as we park up:p::p::p:)

AldoR
4th April 2011, 20:16
Bad news Derek for us unfortunately due to a change in circumstances due to work commitments i can now only make the Sunday. Nothing we can do staff cant cover the work needed done on Saturday due to their own commitments. Would love to come on Sunday, if anyone is up for meeting up let us know. Sorry if i've put anyone out with the hotel etc.
let me know if theres a fee for cancelling.:mad:

derekosb
4th April 2011, 20:26
Bad news Derek for us unfortunately due to a change in circumstances due to work commitments i can now only make the Sunday. Nothing we can do staff cant cover the work needed done on Saturday due to their own commitments. Would love to come on Sunday, if anyone is up for meeting up let us know. Sorry if i've put anyone out with the hotel etc.
let me know if theres a fee for cancelling.:mad:

Hi Aldo,

If you drop Halcyon (Steve) a quick PM re the hotel he will let you know re cancellation. Sorry you cannot make the Saturday but we will see you on the Sunday. What cat will you be bringing?:} (i.e. have you bought one yet, and if so, which one??):}

I'll be planning the 2 days shortly so look out for a suggested run on the Sunday up to the hotel.

Whilst I am going on both days I cannot stay on the Saturday so will be driving up again on the Sunday. Hopefully arrange a small convoy up on the Sunday then.

Derek

AldoR
4th April 2011, 20:48
Derek again further developements, our son Ross has stepped in and offered to help on the Saturday only. Although he's busy with uni work on Friday cant make Friday we could make Saturday. Is there anyone going up on Saturday during the day thanks.

derekosb
4th April 2011, 20:52
Derek again further developements, our son Ross has stepped in and offered to help on the Saturday only. Although he's busy with uni work on Friday cant make Friday we could make Saturday. Is there anyone going up on Saturday during the day thanks.

Hi Aldo,

Yes, is the short answer. Intention is to meet at the Asda car park in Dumbarton again and drive up to Oban for a look around, have a few scenic stop offs en-route (Crianlarich (Saturday), Rest & Be Thankful (Sunday) etc) and getting to the Hotel late afternoon or thereabouts.

I am working on the timings and following up the possibles and will post suggested timings shortly.

Aiming to meet at Asda,, Dumbarton around 12:00 on Saturday if you can manage that?

Derek

AldoR
4th April 2011, 20:57
No 75/ZT bought yet although we are still looking :) got the ZS for sale on pistonHeads so fingers cross so far all we have had been offered is PX will take the RS6 if its ready still in garage being repaired:mad: Sorry to go off topic.

derekosb
4th April 2011, 21:20
;)Saturday 9th April 2011

Convoy
Dumbarton (12:00)
a. Derekosb
b. FLYER
c. suzublu

Crianlarich (13:30/14:00)
i. Freebyrd
ii. GRAHAM1961
iii. Brush1

Proposal is to meet at Asda, Dumbarton at 12:00

Leave Dumbarton and follow A82 (through Inverbeg, Tarbet, Ardlui) to Crianlarich.

Meet up with East Coast Convoy at Crianlarich at 13:30/14:00 in the Crianlarich Railway Station car park which is just on the outskirts of the village.

Follow the A82 to tyndrum, then taking the A85 to Oban (passing through Dalmally and Bridge of Awe) aiming to reach Oban for 15:00. (77 1/2 Miles from Dumbarton) Photo opportunities and a wee bit of shopping probably;

All timings are approximate and subject to change if we spot anything we want to stop and photograph:D:D

Then head down to the Cuilfail Hotel in Kilmelford for 15:30/16:00.

Sunday 10th April 2011

Convoy
Dumbarton (10:00)
a. Derekosb
b. Rotrex

Arrochar (11:00)

i. Tim_Burgess

For those unable to make it on the Saturday (or like me can't stay overnight) the proposal on the Sunday is again to meet at Asda, Dumbarton. This time at 10:00.

Proposed route on Sunday is to follow the A83 up to Oban instead to take in The Rest & Be Thankful (photo op) and Inveraray although this will depend on numbers coming up on the day.

The intention was the run home would be via Inveraray and the Rest, however that is open for debate if anyone has any particular preference.

Sunday 10th, intention is to have a "Meet" in the hotel car park from 12:00, and possibly get the cars washed at the Fire Station (charity car wash day) just down the road.

If members can let me know if they want to join the road run so we know who to expect and don't wait all day for someone who is not coming;), or leave before a member makes it:p:.

As always, any suggestions welcome.

Steve (Halcyon), do you want to meet up with us in Oban somewhere and if so where do you suggest. (perhaps you can PM me your mobile number so we text when nearby:})

Regards,

Derek

rotrex
4th April 2011, 21:51
Derek.
most likely i'l do the sunday. will let you know for definate in next few days, :D

has anybody checked the weather forcast. no wait thats a daft thing to say on west coast of scotland in april right ??

FLYER
4th April 2011, 21:52
We are in with those timings derek :D

derekosb
4th April 2011, 22:05
Derek.
most likely i'l do the sunday. will let you know for definate in next few days, :D

has anybody checked the weather forcast. no wait thats a daft thing to say on west coast of scotland in april right ??

Cheers Tam and look forward to seeing you on Sunday at Asda at 10:00.

We are in with those timings derek :D

Excellent George and see you on Saturday at Asda at 12:00.

Derek

Tim_Burgess
4th April 2011, 22:25
Hi Derek,

Are you heading up via Arrochar on the Sunday? If so, I'll join the convoy there, rather than double back to Dumbarton.

derekosb
4th April 2011, 22:32
Hi Derek,

Are you heading up via Arrochar on the Sunday? If so, I'll join the convoy there, rather than double back to Dumbarton.

Hi Tim,

Yes, that is the intention, through Arrochar to the Rest.

Where in Arrochar do you suggest?:} Not been there for a while so can't really remember a suitable meeting point?

Derek

FLYER
5th April 2011, 11:14
Cheers Tam and look forward to seeing you on Sunday at Asda at 10:00.

Excellent George and see you on Saturday at Asda at 12:00.

Derek

whats happening with suzublu derek :shrug:

derekosb
5th April 2011, 11:40
whats happening with suzublu derek :shrug:

Hi George,

It was mentioned early on that Ronnie would be able to meet us at Asda, Dumbarton to do the run up to Oban. I had suggested 12:00 but had not confirmed a time until last night.

I was therefore waiting for Ronnie to confirm that he would be able to meet us at 12:00 before adding him to the rendezvous list.

So, Ronnie, is 12:00 at Asda, Dumbarton okay for you? :}

Cheers,

Derek

Freebyrd
5th April 2011, 11:49
East Coast Convoy. Does meeting at 09.30 at Musselburgh Services sound Ok?, gives us plenty of time to get to Crianlarich without rushing.

Tim_Burgess
5th April 2011, 14:42
Hi Tim,

Yes, that is the intention, through Arrochar to the Rest.

Where in Arrochar do you suggest?:} Not been there for a while so can't really remember a suitable meeting point?

Derek

Hi Derek,

There's a car park on the left just as you leave Arrochar heading towards Inverary, I'll meet you guys there. What sort of time?

suzublu
5th April 2011, 14:52
Confirmation is confirmed Derek;) Can you give me the postcode for asda so Sally satnav can get me there?I have g821rb is that close?:shrug:

derekosb
5th April 2011, 15:06
Hi Derek,

There's a car park on the left just as you leave Arrochar heading towards Inverary, I'll meet you guys there. What sort of time?

Hi Tim,

That's fine and I should think we would be aiming for 11:00 or thereabouts. Is that ok?

Confirmation is confirmed Derek;) Can you give me the postcode for asda so Sally satnav can get me there?I have g821rb is that close?:shrug:

Hi Ronnie,

Excellent. I assume you have done the Asda website store finder search as that is the post code they quote? G82 1RB. St. James Retail Park on Glasgow Road if you need more detail.

You have met us there before for Loch Lomond haven't you?

See you Saturday:}

Derek

Tim_Burgess
6th April 2011, 08:58
Hi Tim,

That's fine and I should think we would be aiming for 11:00 or thereabouts. Is that ok?

Hi Derek, that's fine. Not too early a start for me, which is nice.

derekosb
6th April 2011, 09:33
Hi Derek, that's fine. Not too early a start for me, which is nice.

Makes a change doesn't it??:D
Derek

Halcyon
7th April 2011, 16:17
Hi, folks

Me and Ruth would like to drive out to Crainlarich and run back to Kilmelford with you - what time are you meeting, and where exactly?

Cheers

Halcyon
7th April 2011, 16:29
Just a thought - it seems as though some of you are going to go via Arrochar. This means that you'll be passing through Inverary. If you're considering going to Kilmeford via Lochgilphead, my advice is - don't. The road surface between Lochgilpead and Kilmelford is, in places, atrocious - there are some real "tank trap" potholes and there are stretches where patches have been put on patches on top of...at several ponts, it's really bad. However, if you turn right at Inverary towards Dalmally you go over the hill and in 15 miles you can turn left onto the A85, coming through, eventually, Oban and following the A816 south for Kilmelford. It's not pothole-free, but it's much better and it only adds about five miles to the journey. (And it could save you a tyre/wheel/shock absorber etc.)

If you like I can meet you at Inverary - we'd like to take a bimble out and run back with either the Glasgow or Edinburgh runs; I can make Inverary just as easily as I can make Crainlarich. Let me know.

(Another "heads-up" - the poilce are mounting a campaign locally to catch people speeding through the villages - not that 75/ZT club members are anything less than law-abiding, of course!)

All the best
Steve

derekosb
7th April 2011, 16:30
Hi, folks

Me and Ruth would like to drive out to Crainlarich and run back to Kilmelford with you - what time are you meeting, and where exactly?

Cheers

Hi Steve,

Cheers for that as it will be good to have a guide to the best bits in Oban and then to the Hotel.;)

Planned to meet in the railway station car park. Aiming to rendezvous with the East Coast convoy at about 1:30/2:00 to then head to Oban.

Do you think the railway station is a reasonable spot to meet?:}

Derek

derekosb
7th April 2011, 16:34
Just a thought - it seems as though some of you are going to go via Arrochar. This means that you'll be passing through Inverary. If you're considering going to Kilmeford via Lochgilphead, my advice is - don't. The road surface between Lochgilpead and Kilmelford is, in places, atrocious - there are some real "tank trap" potholes and there are stretches where patches have been put on patches on top of...at several ponts, it's really bad. However, if you turn right at Inverary towards Dalmally you go over the hill and in 15 miles you can turn left onto the A85, coming through, eventually, Oban and following the A816 south for Kilmelford. It's not pothole-free, but it's much better and it only adds about five miles to the journey. (And it could save you a tyre/wheel/shock absorber etc.)

If you like I can meet you at Inverary - we'd like to take a bimble out and run back with either the Glasgow or Edinburgh runs; I can make Inverary just as easily as I can make Crainlarich. Let me know.

(Another "heads-up" - the poilce are mounting a campaign locally to catch people speeding through the villages - not that 75/ZT club members are anything less than law-abiding, of course!)

All the best
Steve

Hi Steve,

Cheers for that.

The Arrochar/Inverary run is on the Sunday for those not staying overnight (me) and only coming up on the Sunday for the afternoon meet.

If you want to come down on the Sunday, with any of the other members as well, for a run back up from Inverary that would be great. At the moment there may only be 3 of us coming up on the Sunday, possibly 4 if Franco or any others can make it.

You would then be able to guide us up the best road. The idea was photo opportunity at the Rest and Be Thankful.

Derek

suzublu
7th April 2011, 20:46
Derek,can you or someone,veryify the postcode for Dumbarton? I have G82 1RB & not the other way round you gave? ta very much.Really looking forward to it now.:drool4:

pab
7th April 2011, 20:53
Derek,can you or someone,veryify the postcode for Dumbarton? I have G82 1RB & not the other way round you gave? ta very much.Really looking forward to it now.:drool4:i can confirm you have the correct post code ronnie :}

suzublu
7th April 2011, 20:56
Thanks Paul, see you at the weekend;)

pab
7th April 2011, 21:05
Thanks Paul, see you at the weekend;)i will try my best to attend on sunday,i have a few commitments at the moment,hence my lack of enthusiasm on this thread..

derekosb
7th April 2011, 23:21
i can confirm you have the correct post code ronnie :}

Thanks Paul:o

Hope you can make it on the Sunday.:}

(bit of a typo in my earlier reply to Ronnie):getmecoat:

Derek

Halcyon
8th April 2011, 10:11
Hi, Derek

We'll meet at Crainlarich at 1.30 - 2 p.m. on the Saturday - reckon the station car park will be a good place. Please add us to the list.

Cheers
Steve

derekosb
8th April 2011, 12:43
CONVOY DETAILS

;)Saturday 9th April 2011

Convoy
Dumbarton (12:00)
a. Derekosb
b. FLYER
c. suzublu

To rendezvous with the East Coast members at

Crianlarich (13:30/14:00)
i. Freebyrd
ii. GRAHAM1961
iii. Brush1
iv. Halcyon

Proposal is to meet at Asda, Dumbarton at 12:00

Leave Dumbarton and follow A82 (through Inverbeg, Tarbet, Ardlui) to Crianlarich.

Meet up with East Coast Convoy and Halcyon at Crianlarich at 13:30/14:00 in the Crianlarich Railway Station car park which is just on the outskirts of the village. Steve (Halcyon) will now meet up with us at Crianlarich as well.

Follow the A82 to tyndrum, then taking the A85 to Oban (passing through Dalmally and Bridge of Awe) aiming to reach Oban for 15:00. (77 1/2 Miles from Dumbarton) Photo opportunities and a wee bit of shopping probably;

All timings are approximate and subject to change if we spot anything we want to stop and photograph:D:D

Then head down to the Cuilfail Hotel in Kilmelford for 15:30/16:00.

Sunday 10th April 2011

Convoy
Dumbarton (10:00)
a. Derekosb
b. Rotrex

Arrochar (11:00)

c. Tim_Burgess

For those unable to make it on the Saturday (or like me can't stay overnight) the proposal on the Sunday is again to meet at Asda, Dumbarton. This time at 10:00.

Proposed route on Sunday is to follow the A83 up to Oban instead to take in The Rest & Be Thankful (photo op) and Inveraray although this will depend on numbers coming up on the day.

The intention was the run home would be via Inveraray and the Rest, however that is open for debate if anyone has any particular preference.

Sunday 10th, intention is to have a "Meet" in the hotel car park from 12:00, and possibly get the cars washed at the Fire Station (charity car wash day) just down the road.

If members can let me know if they want to join the road run so we know who to expect and don't wait all day for someone who is not coming;), or leave before a member makes it:p:.

As always, any suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Derek

FLYER
8th April 2011, 13:23
excellent forward planning as per derek .:D

derekosb
8th April 2011, 14:46
excellent forward planning as per derek .:D

Thanks George,

Just waiting to hear from Aldo that he will meet us at the Asda, Dumbarton tomorrow?

Derek

francoh20
8th April 2011, 18:16
good luck for sat and sun guys!!! gutted im not going to be there sunday as sadly my premium grill is still not here. by the time youz get to carinlarich tommorrow i ll be at the top ben volich i shall gives youz a wave!!! ha ha. safe driving to you all. franco.

FLYER
8th April 2011, 19:52
I have a pot of stovies on the go for dishing out at the meet .

:drool4::drool4:.

rotrex
8th April 2011, 20:40

swap you a plastic infill for some :drool4::drool4:
see you 10am sunday Derek:D

derekosb
8th April 2011, 20:58
good luck for sat and sun guys!!! gutted im not going to be there sunday as sadly my premium grill is still not here. by the time youz get to carinlarich tommorrow i ll be at the top ben volich i shall gives youz a wave!!! ha ha. safe driving to you all. franco.

Rats!!:mad: Was hoping you were going to make it. Hopefully catch up with you soon mate.

Excellent, that'll be my dinner sorted for tomorrow night:D

see you 10am sunday Derek:D

Cracking Tam, see you Sunday morning and I'll update the main list on page 1.

Aldo? You okay for 12:00 tomorrow?

Derek

FLYER
8th April 2011, 20:59
see you 10am sunday Derek:DYou can have a double helping :D:D

rotrex
9th April 2011, 00:00
superb mate.
be great if weather is like today guys eh:D

Brush 1
9th April 2011, 04:44
according 2 forecast it going 2 be nice at oban, but its scotland so take the wellies and brolly lol

pab
9th April 2011, 07:54
hope you have a great time,superb scenery to take in,so plenty of pictures please.

to keep you on your toes i could make an appearance at some point ;)

derekosb
9th April 2011, 07:59
to keep you on your toes i could make an appearance at some point ;)

I was hoping you might say something like that when I saw you had posted:D

You have my number if you need to check where we are at any point Paul, be good if you can manage:}

Derek

FLYER
9th April 2011, 08:29
it;s nice to get up in the morning but it,s better to stay in bed.
:D

derekosb
9th April 2011, 22:41
Well I met Flyer (George) and Suzublu (Ronnie) at Asda Dumbarton before heading up to Crianlarich to meet Freebyrd, GRAHAM1961, Brush1 and Halycon.

Flyer arrives

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040623.jpg

New wheels sir!!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040624.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040625.jpg

Mine and George's cars, waiting for suzublu.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040626.jpg

And Ronnie has made it

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040628.jpg

Ronnie and I Stopped en-route for some photo opportunities

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040629.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040634.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040630.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040639.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040640.jpg

Next stop: Crianlarich

Found the three cars, but not their owners. They were in the pub:D

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040642.jpg

Back from the pub and time for some introductions.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040643.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040648.jpg

(L to R) Suzublu, Flyer, Mrs Flyer, Mrs Halycon, Halcyon

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040645.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040649.jpg

Halycon's CDT Connie SE.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040647.jpg

Time to head to Oban.

Derek

rotrex
9th April 2011, 22:48
brill Derek. some crackin pics. looks like weather was also great, same here all day, hopefully same again tomorrow eh.:shrug:

tazman3
9th April 2011, 22:49
Nice photos Derek as always.....

hope you's have a great weekend shame i cant join you

Martin

derekosb
9th April 2011, 22:55
OBAN

McCaig's Folly and the view from the hill

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040652.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040653.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040654.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040655.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040662.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040663.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040670.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040672.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040675.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040673.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040676.jpg

And then down to the Cuilfail Hotel

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040682.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040683.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040685.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040681.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040679.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040688.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040686.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040690.jpg

And then a few shots as I headed home (Loch Awe)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040700.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040702.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040709.jpg

Derek

rotrex
9th April 2011, 23:01
look how calm the loch is, wouldnt have believed that was possible a few days ago:D

derekosb
9th April 2011, 23:06
look how calm the loch is, wouldnt have believed that was possible a few days ago:D

It was an absolutely beautiful day Tam, and hopefully similar tomorrow. See you in the morning.

Derek

And yes it was mirror flat (just after 8pm this evening)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040708.jpg

derekosb
9th April 2011, 23:09
Nice photos Derek as always.....

hope you's have a great weekend shame i cant join you

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks mate and yes, a shame you couldn't make it, although there is still tomorrow?;)

Anyway, George tells me you were up to your ears in an FBH extraction this morning?:D I take it that wife of your is keeping you busy getting her new car right!!:}

Hope to catch up with you soon.

Cheers,

Derek

rotrex
9th April 2011, 23:10
beutifull pic there mate. see you in morning I'm off for an early night:D

derekosb
9th April 2011, 23:14
beutifull pic there mate. see you in morning I'm off for an early night:D

Cheers Tam.

George tells me you are a night owl and thinks you will struggle to make the 10:00 rendezvous time:p:

See you in the morning, night for now/

Derek

tazman3
9th April 2011, 23:15
aye derek i was also got a fan for her car....

not sure im going to fit the FBH might just sell it on as im not sure it'll get the use..

Martin

derekosb
9th April 2011, 23:18
aye derek i was also got a fan for her car....

not sure im going to fit the FBH might just sell it on as im not sure it'll get the use..

Martin

Well hopefully you wouldn't need it for a while at least!!:}

Derek

Reebs
9th April 2011, 23:21
Some stunning views there Derek, and great to put a few names to faces.

Hope all goes well for tomorrow too, I'll be at the Frog & Wicket way down south so will be having a mini meet at the same time.

Paul.

pab
10th April 2011, 08:27
looks like you had some great photo opportunities,hope for similar today with the good weather forecast.

dreek your car looks low when it's parked next to another 75,gives a better comparison.

Bluejon
10th April 2011, 09:04
Hi Derek,

Jan & I send you all our good wishes for a really great weekend,it certainly looks like it from your views,brings back alot of good memories for us,just wish we could have joined you all.
We hope to be at the SARR meet next month,as Jan will be in her new job which gives her more weekends off,in the meantime,plenty more piccies please,whilst I sit here on the decking sunning myself,as poor Jan spends,hopefully her last Sunday working in her present job,still rather be up there though.

Very Best Regards.

John & Jan.

Yella Fella
10th April 2011, 19:19
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040645.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040647.jpg

Derek

Look like a fab weekend. Wish I was there but missed you guys by 7 days. We were in the same car park last week! lol.

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8833/drovers7.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6592/drovers6.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5251/5565767768_c7214458e3_z.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the good weather.

See you all at SARR.

Glenn

Tim_Burgess
10th April 2011, 19:23
Another great day out and a lovely drive there and back. many thanks to all concerned in the organization.

Here are a few of my photos from the day:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban9.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban8.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban7.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban6.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban5.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban4.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban3.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban2.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/Rover%20Pics/oban10.jpg

pab
10th April 2011, 19:33
i was nearly joining you this morning tim,work commitments have got in the way..catch up with you at the SARR hopefully.

hope to enjoy the rest of the pictures this evening.

rotrex
10th April 2011, 20:19
ah what a great relaxing day we had. weather couldnt have been better for april in west of scotland. a few pics.
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3739/lpic7380.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/lpic7380.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3649/lpic7393.jpg (http://img851.imageshack.us/i/lpic7393.jpg/)

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2444/lpic7382.jpg (http://img851.imageshack.us/i/lpic7382.jpg/)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3100/lpic7389.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/lpic7389.jpg/)

rotrex
10th April 2011, 20:23
and a few more.
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5273/lpic7391.jpg (http://img812.imageshack.us/i/lpic7391.jpg/)

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4862/lpic7398.jpg (http://img856.imageshack.us/i/lpic7398.jpg/)

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3649/lpic7393.jpg (http://img851.imageshack.us/i/lpic7393.jpg/)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2276/lpic7404.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/i/lpic7404.jpg/)

rotrex
10th April 2011, 20:33
then on way home. stopped of at lochearnhead for a drink and walkabout.
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7692/lpic7407.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/lpic7407.jpg/)

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5251/lpic7408.jpg (http://img825.imageshack.us/i/lpic7408.jpg/)

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9702/lpic7415.jpg (http://img641.imageshack.us/i/lpic7415.jpg/)
and the best bit, it didnt even cost much, total milage since leaving 8.30am.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6476/lpic7419.jpg (http://img811.imageshack.us/i/lpic7419.jpg/)
average MPG over complete journey and not a motorway in sight:D

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3900/lpic7420.jpg (http://img263.imageshack.us/i/lpic7420.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us):bowdown: what a car :D

derekosb
10th April 2011, 22:06
Some stunning views there Derek, and great to put a few names to faces.

Hope all goes well for tomorrow too, I'll be at the Frog & Wicket way down south so will be having a mini meet at the same time.

Paul.

Cheers Paul,

Had 2 great days. Hope yours went well today (I'll check the thread for photos later:})

looks like you had some great photo opportunities,hope for similar today with the good weather forecast.

dreek your car looks low when it's parked next to another 75,gives a better comparison.

Hi Paul,

Was hoping you would make it today and even gave you 15 minutes at Asda this morning just in case.

Photo ops aplenty and I'll post some more of my photos shortly. I agree, my car looks lower than I expected, and is much more obvious when next to a standard 75:}

Hi Derek,

Jan & I send you all our good wishes for a really great weekend,it certainly looks like it from your views,brings back alot of good memories for us,just wish we could have joined you all.
We hope to be at the SARR meet next month,as Jan will be in her new job which gives her more weekends off,in the meantime,plenty more piccies please,whilst I sit here on the decking sunning myself,as poor Jan spends,hopefully her last Sunday working in her present job,still rather be up there though.

Very Best Regards.

John & Jan.

Cheers John & Jan,

We have had 2 fantastic days. Hopefully we will see you at the SARR and I'll drop you a PM soon regarding possible dates for the 2nd Anglo/Scottish meet at Gretna later this year:}

Look like a fab weekend. Wish I was there but missed you guys by 7 days. We were in the same car park last week! lol.

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8833/drovers7.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6592/drovers6.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5251/5565767768_c7214458e3_z.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the good weather.

See you all at SARR.

Glenn

I think you would have enjoyed this weekend's weather in the F/TF's:D:D

See you at the SARR, if not before.

Derek

derekosb
10th April 2011, 22:28
Hi guys.

Time for some of my photos from Day 2.

Back at Asda Dumbarton to meet Rotrex (Tam) in his ZT CDTi and AldoR in his new V8 RS6. I was also joined by my younger daughter (Laura) today who will pop up in a few photos (well you try stopping her:D).

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040710.jpg

Mine and Rotrex's car (plus Laura)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040712.jpg

Aldo's 4.2 litre V8 RS6 "beast 2"

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040714.jpg

Rotrex's new interior (lovin it Tam)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040715.jpg

Next stop Arrochar to meet up with Tim_Burgess (and Elsa)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040717.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040719.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040723.jpg

Alison, Elsa, Tam, Aldo & Tim

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040724.jpg

V8 Muscle

Next stop was The Rest & Be Thankful, although unfortunately the sun was shining straight up the hill.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040728.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040731.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040734.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040735.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040737.jpg

View from the Rest & Be Thankful

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040742.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040741.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040739.jpg

Next stop was Inverary, but I'll do that as post 2.

Derek

derekosb
10th April 2011, 22:40
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040744.jpg

Inverary Castle

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040750.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040749.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040748.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040746.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040751.jpg

Tim's car is so shiny you can see the reflection of his trousers!!

Then Inverary Harbour

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040752.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040753.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040755.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040756.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040757.jpg

Next stop Loch Awe

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040759.jpg

The view up Loch Awe from the Loch Awe Hotel terrace

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040760.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040761.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040765.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040766.jpg

And then on to the Hotel at Kilmelford which I'll make Post 3

Derek

derekosb
10th April 2011, 22:58
My Laura met Brush1's daughter Lucy.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040769.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040768.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040767.jpg

2 happy girls now:}

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040771.jpg

GRAHAM1961 (as immaculate as ever)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040772.jpg

Suzublu

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040773.jpg

Tim_Burgess

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040780.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040784.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040790.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040793.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040787.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040782.jpg

Halcyon and his Mrs (Ruth) were on duty at the local fire station doing a charity car wash

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040797.jpg

even washing inferior cars

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040798.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040799.jpg

And then after leaving a flyer on a wedgie at Inverary, it's owner pulled in beside us when we stopped again on the Rest & Be Thankful. Hope you will sign up Paul:}

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040835.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040832.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040833.jpg

and a few shots of my own car at the "Rest"

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040836.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040829.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040821.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040820.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040818.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040814.jpg

Laura gets in on the act again

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Oban%20-%20April%202011/P1040817.jpg

A beautiful end to a glorious day.

Thanks to all who made the effort and to Steve and Ruth special thanks for this weekend

Derek

pab
11th April 2011, 05:56
superb pictures as usual derek,very impressed..

looks like i missed out on a great day,hopefully see you all soon at the SARR meet

Tatts
11th April 2011, 07:43
On my 12 trips through Oban I can't ever remember seeing blue skies like that!

Cracking piccies - stunning scenary!

francoh20
11th April 2011, 09:28
hi guys absolutely stunning pics im so gutted i wasnt there. glad you all had a great time and really good weather. hopefully h20 fra will be ready for sarr. see you all soon.

suzublu
11th April 2011, 13:16
Can someone confirm that i was really on the west coast of Scotland, & it didn't rain?Seriously though,a cracking weekend,glorious weather,stunning scenery,great bunch of people.Thanks to all involved :bowdown:Managed a couple of pics out of the car window.You can just see Freebyrd(Brian) in the distance in one pic.Well,he does drive an MG!Cheers folks,Ronnie

rotrex
11th April 2011, 14:24
hi Ronnie. aye man twas the west coast of bonny scotland you were in mate=you were not dreaming:D was good to meet you at last. that was the most tranquil day I'v had in many years. note to self, do it more often:)

suzublu
11th April 2011, 14:32
Hi, Tam,w e did meet at Lomond last year,but still nice to see you.Nice to know I wasn,t dreaming

Bluejon
11th April 2011, 14:38
Hi Derek,

Just to echo other members compliments,may I also add my complements,on the very high standards of your pics both of the cars,& the absolutey stunning views of the scenery,outstanding Sir.
Would also like to add my compliments to you in your professionalism,& commitment in arranging some truly awesome meet locations,which not only helps compliment the cars,with stunning scenery like we have just seen,but also with the members & their families in mind, to help make the meets even more enjoyable & memorable.

Very Best Regards.

John.

FLYER
11th April 2011, 16:49
Just back from the meet as we stayed another night .

Excellent turnout considering the distance .

The weather has been mentioned in other posts and just let me say that 19c on both days was a total FREAK .
It stunned even me :D:D.

Every car was beautifully turned out but i have to mention GRAHAM,s motor !!!.
What excellent condition it was in , that car looks as if it will still look that way in 20 years :bowdown::bowdown:.
Excellent organization as per by DEREK and MR & MRS HALCYON :D:D.

Anyone going to OBAN get yourself to NORIES [note spelling] for the best haddock in batter going .
After the meet we noshed on ice cream with DEREK and ROTREX on the dockside then strolled along the front munching on haddie in crispy batter with TAM [rotrex].
Annmarie and i went to a rather snooty hotel on the sunday night for our evening meal and had scallops to start and king prawns for mains and they came very close to the best we have ever had , this joint was so posh it even had diecast racing cars in the gents and the WERN'T GLUED DOWN :p::p:.

Anyhoo thanks to all for a great meet and stunning views .

PS it chucked it down with rain today in OBAN and we got royally soaked :mad:
SCOTLAND EH !!!!!! :D:D:D

suzublu
11th April 2011, 17:01
Pleased you got back ok George, rained all the way home for me too.Didn't spoil the weekend though:D Hope you haven't drank all the winnings yet;)Had your stovie for my tea,tasty as ever:drool4: See you whenever,Ronnie

rotrex
11th April 2011, 17:14
George. when I left you last night it was looking cloudy, well 10 mls inland and was back to bright n sunny. had a lovely drive home via lochearnhead.
PS stovie's were yummy:D

FLYER
11th April 2011, 18:14
Pleased you got back ok George, rained all the way home for me too.Didn't spoil the weekend though:D Hope you haven't drank all the winnings yet;)Had your stovie for my tea,tasty as ever:drool4: See you whenever,Ronniethe CAVA is chilling in the fridge for consumption later ronnie:drool4::drool4:

FLYER
11th April 2011, 18:16
George. when I left you last night it was looking cloudy, well 10 mls inland and was back to bright n sunny. had a lovely drive home via lochearnhead.
PS stovie's were yummy:Dthinking of going into business making the stovies sir tam , cheap to make and sell at a decent mark up :p::p:

FLYER
11th April 2011, 18:29
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/ml110ly/09042011046.jpg:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::D:D

Brush 1
11th April 2011, 18:37
Great weather great scenery great company great weekend couldnt ask for more oh and great stovies thanks george hope u had better sleep 2nd nite lol and hope all got back safe.

FLYER
11th April 2011, 18:41
Great weather great scenery great company great weekend couldnt ask for more oh and great stovies thanks george hope u had better sleep 2nd nite lol and hope all got back safe.Slept like a top due to exhaustion :D:D, was good to meet you and your brother and have a few laughs ;)

here's to the next one.:D

FLYER
11th April 2011, 18:55
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/ml110ly/10042011048-1.jpg What a line up :D:D

Tim_Burgess
11th April 2011, 19:14
An excellent day, we had a beautiful drive back to Kilcreggan.

BTW, did I notice two gentlemen of the Police coming to have a look as we left?

Or did they just want to check our tax discs were valid?:D

FLYER
11th April 2011, 19:59
An excellent day, we had a beautiful drive back to Kilcreggan.

BTW, did I notice two gentlemen of the Police coming to have a look as we left?

Or did they just want to check our tax discs were valid?:Dseemingly after we all turned in on saturday night a few young lads came into the bar and were asked to leave , the owner asked the cops to go around and have a word as i assume he knew them .

;)

Brush 1
11th April 2011, 20:57
I thot they were up 2 sort out only crime of year up there freebird taking the cups we drank out of in car park lol

suzublu
11th April 2011, 21:19
Hi Ian, i took those back to the Hotel,just in case we're not invited back! £80 a night!Might not want to be asked:D:D:getmecoat:

Halcyon
11th April 2011, 21:23
Hi, Folks

This is just to give our apologies for not being able to meet more of you all on the Sunday - Ruth and I had to go to the car wash at the fire station (and yep, we're not fussy and will wash anything!).

Good to hear that you all had a good run home - hope nobody fell foul of the local potholes.

The weather was freaky for the weekend, wasn't it - sunshine? In Argyll? Normal service was resumed today, though -we had hail this afternoon.

To those of you who failed to score ten out of ten in the final round of the quiz - that'll be all of us, then - I can only apologise. The previous nine answers having been "Rover", one might have been forgiven for thinking that the answer to the tenth question: "What is a popular name for sheepdogs (it's also a famous make of car)?" would also have been "Rover". I cannot understand how it came to be "Jag" - though it might have had something to do with the make of car our Crew Commander (and question setter) drives - he is unenlightened, and drives a lesser vehicle.

Hope you all had fun, though.

It's good to see some of the pics of the run on the thread - well done to the photographers! Wish I'd taken my camera.

It was great to meet you all. We'll see you at Falkirk, if not before.

Very best wishes,
Steve and Ruth

FLYER
11th April 2011, 21:26
Hi Ian, i took those back to the Hotel,just in case we're not invited back! £80 a night!Might not want to be asked:D:D:getmecoat:And they say the SCOTS are tight ;):D

suzublu
11th April 2011, 21:32
And they say the SCOTS are tight ;):D
I've been up there that much, i'm practically Gaelic!:shrug::D:D

FLYER
11th April 2011, 21:41
I've been up there that much, i'm practically Gaelic!:shrug::D:Danymore of my stovies and you will start putting the beef on :D

suzublu
11th April 2011, 21:45
anymore of my stovies and you will start putting the beef on :D
Already iron my shirts with a wok!!!:D:getmecoat:

Brush 1
11th April 2011, 22:06
I,d heard a rumour the police were there because of suspected forged bank notes were used on sat nite upon investigation they were english notes lol wonder who that,d be

FLYER
11th April 2011, 22:09
I,d heard a rumour the police were there because of suspected forged bank notes were used on sat nite upon investigation they were english notes lol wonder who that,d be:jig::jig::jig::jig::no::laughing2::laughing2::

Simondi
11th April 2011, 22:10
The photo's are stunning, it looks like a good time was had by all.

suzublu
11th April 2011, 22:11
A rose between all the thorns Ian:D:DHer Majesties currency holds sway over all.I still had a few swallies.:beer2:

suzublu
11th April 2011, 22:13
:jig::jig::jig::jig::no::laughing2::laughing2::
You could not have typed that with one finger????:shrug::cool:

Freebyrd
12th April 2011, 07:08
I thot they were up 2 sort out only crime of year up there freebird taking the cups we drank out of in car park lol

Please delete all photographs that show the cups, before Strathclyde Polis trawl this site for evidence;);)

rotrex
12th April 2011, 12:04
to late, I was there under cover=your nicked boyo :youmug::laughing2:

derekosb
13th April 2011, 12:38
superb pictures as usual derek,very impressed..

looks like i missed out on a great day,hopefully see you all soon at the SARR meet

Thanks Paul, it was a grand weekend and a shame you could not make it. :driving:

On my 12 trips through Oban I can't ever remember seeing blue skies like that!

Cracking piccies - stunning scenary!

Cheers Tatts, :sunny:definitely freak weather:sunny: but made it oh so enjoyable:driving:

hi guys absolutely stunning pics im so gutted i wasnt there. glad you all had a great time and really good weather. hopefully h20 fra will be ready for sarr. see you all soon.

Cheers Franco, good to see you the other night and shame you missed the weekend. Looking forward to seeing H20 at SARR as it looks like you have made some serious changes:D

Hi Derek,

Just to echo other members compliments,may I also add my complements,on the very high standards of your pics both of the cars,& the absolutey stunning views of the scenery,outstanding Sir.
Would also like to add my compliments to you in your professionalism,& commitment in arranging some truly awesome meet locations,which not only helps compliment the cars,with stunning scenery like we have just seen,but also with the members & their families in mind, to help make the meets even more enjoyable & memorable.

Very Best Regards.

John.

Thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you both at SARR.

Hi, Folks

This is just to give our apologies for not being able to meet more of you all on the Sunday - Ruth and I had to go to the car wash at the fire station (and yep, we're not fussy and will wash anything!).

Good to hear that you all had a good run home - hope nobody fell foul of the local potholes.

The weather was freaky for the weekend, wasn't it - sunshine? In Argyll? Normal service was resumed today, though -we had hail this afternoon.

To those of you who failed to score ten out of ten in the final round of the quiz - that'll be all of us, then - I can only apologise. The previous nine answers having been "Rover", one might have been forgiven for thinking that the answer to the tenth question: "What is a popular name for sheepdogs (it's also a famous make of car)?" would also have been "Rover". I cannot understand how it came to be "Jag" - though it might have had something to do with the make of car our Crew Commander (and question setter) drives - he is unenlightened, and drives a lesser vehicle.

Hope you all had fun, though.

It's good to see some of the pics of the run on the thread - well done to the photographers! Wish I'd taken my camera.

It was great to meet you all. We'll see you at Falkirk, if not before.

Very best wishes,
Steve and Ruth

Hi Steve and Ruth,

Many thanks for all your help in setting this weekend up and look forward to seeing you again at the SARR, although by the sounds of things it will definitely not be in the P5B:(

The photo's are stunning, it looks like a good time was had by all.

It was indeed Si, hopefully catch up with you soon.

Thanks all

Derek

keithybhoy
18th April 2011, 21:19
not too chuffed that i missed this one but thats timming for you.
looked a good laugh :)

suzublu
18th April 2011, 21:22
Was a good laugh mate,watching all the Scots shuffling their feet at the bar:D:D

Brush 1
18th April 2011, 23:00
At the prices it was surprising there were any scots at the bar lol cheaper buying pint of petrol

Tim_Burgess
19th April 2011, 18:27
At the prices it was surprising there were any scots at the bar lol cheaper buying pint of petrol

I thought that, but I'm Bristolian and we make the Scots seem generous.

BTW, on the cost of petrol, if it goes up any more I'm going to convert the 75 to run on HP Printer ink.:getmecoat: