PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel Recall

Roverron
17th November 2006, 19:43
Has anyone knowledge of this?

It stems from this thread on the MGR.org forum - post no 16.

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?p=1716936&posted=1#post1716936

draven666 - a new member who has also cropped up in this thread, seems to have all the answers....

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=748

Ron

Mike
17th November 2006, 19:49
Ron

afaik there was no recall specific to changing out the dual mass flywheels when MGR were in business- if there had of been it would have cost a fortune:eek:

Any recall since then I assume would come from the flywheel manufacturer, unless it was a specific safety recall - again heard nothing on this.

Someone else may know more...................

Pete
17th November 2006, 20:07
I can't find any recall notice relating to this.

Roverron
18th November 2006, 09:09
I can't find any recall notice relating to this.

This draven666's reply on the MGR forum:

"i work for dixon rover in doncaster one of the few last rover site still going, as for fixing the pumps its been a nice little money earner so far so i dont want to give away the infomation, and by all means ring rover technical advice for the recal(run by omnitec now) and get the infomation for yourself, as i said before only trying to help, anyone who actually wants help is welcome to it, as for the rest of you who want to ***** carry on paying 250 for pumps or however else you want to waste your money."

He claims to be able to fix the in tank pump for £50.

!!!!

Ron

Pete
18th November 2006, 10:01
The only Omnitec I know of is a two-bit IT reseller in the Isle of Man I tripped over last year when I was doing a project in the North West. I'm not inclined at the moment to take this person's advice as gospel. I am inclined though to call Dixon's and let them know about this eprson. Maybe the Service Manager there will ask his fitters and let us know who is making these claims? ;)

Mike
18th November 2006, 10:23
And 'Omitec' (close eh) don't do flywheels - they do all the IT diagnostic kit :confused:

Roverron
18th November 2006, 10:42
I just find it unhelpful & to be honest, irritating when statements and claims are made but with no details given to back them up.

Ron

PS I have just taken out a subscription to Autodata (their CD2) so have up to date tech info, wiring diagrams & service data on most cars and vans if anyone needs to know anything.