PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove my sat nav tv unit from my Rover 75 2004 model??

Rifster
18th February 2011, 22:54
I have a Rover 75 connoisseur cdti 2004 model with a sat nav, tv unit installed. The sat nav and computer all works but the radio, cassette and CD do not work at all. Its all one unit so I will pressume theres an internal problem unless someone tells me otherwise.
Anyway ... I want to remove it and fit an all in one double din unit.
How do I remove the original unit.??
2 screws at the top under the eyebrow and is it a long thin tool that goes in the hole behind the left knob on the unit?? pardon all the puns ....
If it is this, where can I get hold of this tool or can I use something else??

cheers
Rifster
:}

Greeners
18th February 2011, 23:04
Welcome along...

If you look in the spare wheel well, under a plastic cover you'll find 2 silver boxes.

The lefthand one is the video module, the righthand one is the audio one. Cances are there is a lot of water in there.

The head unit is a dumb unit as such...

Greeners
18th February 2011, 23:05
If you want to fit another headunit, you'll need to extend the aerial from the boot to the front, and you'll need a BMW to ISO adaptor lead.

Duotone
19th February 2011, 05:30
2 screws at the top under the eyebrow and is it a long thin tool that goes in the hole behind the left knob on the unit?? pardon all the puns ....
If it is this, where can I get hold of this tool or can I use something else??

cheers
Rifster
:}

You can use an ordinary flat blade screwdiver to turn the slotted screw behind the left hand knob.

Also as you have a 2004 model 75 there is a good chance that the large plug that connects your Hi Line system to the main loom will be a ISO connector. [This plug will be located at the rear of the ashtray unit]

If so, you will only have to extend the aerial from the boot to the rear of the headunit.

Some info here..

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55971&highlight=change+line+double+din

Dave T