PDA

View Full Version : S525 ovp

Christopher
20th February 2011, 14:58
Just a quick update on progress on this car. I spent some time with Lates today going over what is left to be done.

It appears that most, if not all, the "mechanicals" have been done and it should not take much to get her ready for an MOT. I will be buying a few bits and pieces for her now to hopefully get her to a MOT ready state. And will spend some time there with Lates/Pete to do all the last minute things. After that she will need a lot of care and attention to restore body parts, trim and bodywork to get her back to her former glory.

My thanks go out to Lates and Pete for their help in getting the car this far and for allowing her to be stored over there - I will also be paying him any outstanding payments because he has done this all off his own bat at this stage. Once the next phase is over I will be moving her to see if we can get the trim etc done.

I will update as and when I can.

Best

thomas 75 connie
20th February 2011, 16:15
Thanks for letting us know chris I always look forward to hearing about ovp

Robson Rover Repair
21st February 2011, 20:34
Excellent news Christopher! The we car is truely something the club can be united and proud off.

GT Courier
21st February 2011, 20:47
Can we have more pictures or is that greedy!

Southside
22nd February 2011, 18:04
Take it it wont be ready in time for POL then? :(

Christopher
25th February 2011, 01:23
Further to the above, in the next week I aim to:

- buy battery and install
- buy spare lamps and replace as necessary
- buy wiper blades and fit
- buy front and rear number plates and fit

- source number plate bulb circuitry and fit
- install the boot handle and wire up
- try and fix rear door card
- source steering wheel and airbag and fit
- source front indicators and fit
- fit front bumper

If the above is done - and it can be comfortably done in an afternoon (assuming no problems) - the car can go for an MOT ...

Of the above is the bits in red I think I need help sourcing please - any suggestions gratefully received.

Best

Robson Rover Repair
25th February 2011, 02:48
It would be a great touch if the number plates had the original rover style press plates as discussed in other threads! :}

Christopher
25th February 2011, 02:55
It would be a great touch if the number plates had the original rover style press plates as discussed in other threads! :}

for the moment standard plates to get it through the MOT, lots of body work needed to be done first - final plates can be the finishing touch ;)

David3807
25th February 2011, 11:34
Christopher,

Think you should already have a steering wheel (without airbag). Left a grey one with the wheels at lates last year.

David

stocktake
25th February 2011, 13:05
I have front indicater lenses somewhere, just let me know where to send them Christopher.

Christopher
25th February 2011, 16:40
Christopher,

Think you should already have a steering wheel (without airbag). Left a grey one with the wheels at lates last year.

David

David, ah! Lates said he was holding on to one for us to buy for OVP if we wanted it, had no details though - could you let me know what we owe you please and I will ask Lates to dig it out - many thanks.

That means airbag in grey only is required now.

Christopher
25th February 2011, 16:40
I have front indicater lenses somewhere, just let me know where to send them Christopher.

Thanks Dave much appreciated, I will PM you my address.

best,

starbug2
25th February 2011, 16:52
will there be much chance of the car being done for longbridge :drool4:

Reebs
26th February 2011, 00:30
will there be much chance of the car being done for longbridge :drool4:

I would say probably not Stephen, it's only in April and OVP needs a fair amount of work doing on it yet. I personally would love to see it displayed at the NEC Classic Motor Show this year, but I'm making no promises here.

baconbuttyman
26th February 2011, 20:23
assuming its a

bit's i have that can be used if needed on the old gal

PPD badged rear d pillar trims
1 x 1.8 litre torpedo
drivers grab handle
original gear stick knob - Black
rear number plate chrome trim
passenger and rear window switches
smokestone interior panels - a pillar (both sides), d pillar, both sides, rear shelf Charcoal.
rear rover boot plinth (no lights)
rover logo'd spark plug cover, Corner missing tho.

I would happily donate any of these parts if needed, all i ask is carraige is paid.

Christopher
26th February 2011, 20:54
assuming its a

bit's i have that can be used if needed on the old gal

PPD badged rear d pillar trims
1 x 1.8 litre torpedo
drivers grab handle
original gear stick knob - Black
rear number plate chrome trim
passenger and rear window switches
smokestone interior panels - a pillar (both sides), d pillar, both sides, rear shelf Charcoal.
rear rover boot plinth (no lights)
rover logo'd spark plug cover, Corner missing tho.

I would happily donate any of these parts if needed, all i ask is carraige is paid.

Many thanks :) Wind up windows at the back tho'! and Rover boot plinth I hve but innards ... for the rest much obliged.

Best,

Rabett_Rover
27th February 2011, 01:40
@ Christopher.
I don't know what the current plan is, but OVP was never fitted with Torpedo badges. The Rover DVD I have that she features in backs this up. Also I did give Pete a pair of 1.8 Torpedos ages ago before I knew about her not originally having had Torpedos. If you can find them do with them as you wish :D

Dragrad
27th February 2011, 02:25
@ Christopher.
I don't know what the current plan is, but OVP was never fitted with Torpedo badges. The Rover DVD I have that she features in backs this up. Also I did give Pete a pair of 1.8 Torpedos ages ago before I knew about her not originally having had Torpedos. If you can find them do with them as you wish :D
Hi Lewis,

As a matter of interest is there a YouTube link to the clip that you are referring to? It would be interesting to view. A sort of ultimate pre-project drive - pre - production link ;)

Other video links, based on the number plate, are here (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=S525+ovp&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source=vgc&hl=en&aq=f#hl=en&ds=yt&pq=s525%20ovp&xhr=t&q=%22S525%20ovp%22&cp=1&pf=p&sclient=psy&tbs=vid:1&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=%22S525+ovp%22&pbx=1&fp=2211f7e758d203df).... Ignore the following phone vids ;)

Reebmit
27th February 2011, 07:52
Hi Lewis,

Other video links, based on the number plate, are here (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=S525+ovp&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source=vgc&hl=en&aq=f#hl=en&ds=yt&pq=s525%20ovp&xhr=t&q=%22S525%20ovp%22&cp=1&pf=p&sclient=psy&tbs=vid:1&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=%22S525+ovp%22&pbx=1&fp=2211f7e758d203df).... Ignore the following phone vids ;)

Good link Andrew, I enjoyed that:D

Reebs
27th February 2011, 09:00
Dragrad, unless I'm much mistaken I believe the footage Lewis is refering to can be seen in this compilation I put together a while back.

za-VYEx87Gg

Taken from this thread on the subject

:smilie_re: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43770

Christopher
27th February 2011, 10:15
@ Christopher.

I'm not sure whats there to be honest, I'll check thanks.

At this stage I am concentrating on getting the car on the road - too much cosmetic work needs to be done as yet to worry about finer trim details ... but yes, when it comes to it - keeping it as it was would be appropriate ... cheers

thomas 75 connie
27th February 2011, 11:52
Funny you say lewis. I just watched the DVD and you are correct also I don't think mine had them either as there areno marks as to where they have been. Ie sticky marks strange how some got some bits but not others:shrug:

sworks
27th February 2011, 18:40
Christopher,

David

I left a sandstone One at the Gaydon national meet too?

Christopher
27th February 2011, 19:53
I left a sandstone One at the Gaydon national meet too?

Hi Mark, I didn't see one with the car I'll speak to Lates.

many thanks

Lates
8th March 2011, 14:38
New battery and wiper blades fitted. The none start was traced back to the fuel pump not working. Removed pump and stripped as far as I dare,clean the filter "bag" that was minging. Pump then powered up ok, refitted back in the tank and the car runs well again.

Note to self - dont park it up for 6 months if you want to keep your arms out of the tank :D

thomas 75 connie
8th March 2011, 14:49
Great news can't wait to see what happens next

Robson Rover Repair
8th March 2011, 20:20
I think she needs a club grill badge/tax holder/window sticker on her!

DoDo
8th March 2011, 23:09
When car ready for shows you should have the genuine Rover forecourt display plates front and rear, that John gave to Pete at last meet he attendd.

Lates
8th March 2011, 23:33
When car ready for shows you should have the genuine Rover forecourt display plates front and rear, that John gave to Pete at last meet he attendd.

Did notice the big smiley plate in the boot ;)

Reebs
8th March 2011, 23:37

Do these carry the registration mark or are they the type with the large Rover 75 logo occupying that space?

Lates
8th March 2011, 23:58
Do these carry the registration mark or are they the type with the large Rover 75 logo occupying that space?

Large 75 logo on a (iirc) black plate

Reebs
9th March 2011, 00:20
Hmm, as nice as I'm sure that would look, I would have thought that the single most unique feature of OVP would have been it's early build and registration, so would it not be better for the car to display it's registration rather than hiding it?

Perhaps a new set could be made with the MG Rover Group logo on them as mentioned in another thread?.....just a thought.

Dragrad
9th March 2011, 00:32
Hmm, as nice as I'm sure that would look, I would have thought that the single most unique feature of OVP would have been it's early build and registration, so would it not be better for the car to display it's registration rather than hiding it?

Perhaps a new set could be made with the MG Rover Group logo on them as mentioned in another thread?.....just a thought.

The latter sounds good to me :D Although purists would prefer to see the original plates on her, but I can see both points of views:).

At the Calne meet I donated my steering wheel to OVP as apparently it has the black MG ZT one fitted, which is not original.:} So it will need a smokestone Airbag cover to suit as well.... Anyone got one to donate? ;)

Good to see things moving on her now that Christopher has taken up the reins :D

David3807
9th March 2011, 11:38
Ah. That means it has two. I donated a smokestone wheel last October which should be with the car at LAtes cos thats where I delivered it !! No airbag cover though

Reebs
9th March 2011, 11:46
Sound like we may have another raffle prize on our hands for September then :getmecoat:

As for the airbag, Messenger has told me he has one he will gladly donate to the old girl, so thanks for that Corin. :bowdown:

windrush
9th March 2011, 12:01
Also Paul I will donate a CD by Tele Atlas of the United Kingdom Ireland +major roads of Eurooe 2009/2010 brand new still sealed I will pass it on to you at the POL

Reebs
9th March 2011, 12:03
Also Paul I will donate a CD by Tele Atlas of the United Kingdom Ireland +major roads of Eurooe 2009/2010 brand new still sealed I will pass it on to you at the POL

For the September raffle I take it Derek, as OVP doesn't do Highline Sat Nav :D

windrush
9th March 2011, 12:47
For the September raffle I take it Derek, as OVP doesn't do Highline Sat Nav :D

Thats correct Paul

Mark2000cc
3rd July 2012, 21:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za-VYEx87Gg

sworks
4th July 2012, 05:34
Ah. That means it has two. I donated a smokestone wheel last October which should be with the car at LAtes cos thats where I delivered it !! No airbag cover though

Make that Three, I donated one at the Gaydon National :D