PDA

View Full Version : Roewe 750

Kandyman
26th October 2006, 21:42
Well we can’t have a forums without a few pictures of SAIC’s new Roewe 750,So heres some pictures i have found around the net and .org.

Kandyman
26th October 2006, 21:43
1 more snap :)

Kandyman
26th October 2006, 21:44
I like the back end:)

Kandyman
26th October 2006, 21:44
I like the new look of the insides

Kandyman
26th October 2006, 21:46
Not to sure about this :confused:

Hope it will be in English for us ;)

Kandyman
26th October 2006, 21:48
A side view

GreyGhost
26th October 2006, 22:34
Can't make my mind up from the photographs, it all looks a little awkward but that may just be down to differences between that and the original timeless design. Definitely like the interior, hope the plastics are up to the usual standards.

MGM

Kandyman
2nd November 2006, 20:42
hers a few more for you all http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/kandyman01/Roewe%20750/SAIC_02.jpg

Kandyman
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/kandyman01/Roewe%20750/w_001_3.jpg

Kandyman
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/kandyman01/Roewe%20750/w_002_3.jpg

Kandyman
2nd November 2006, 20:43
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/kandyman01/Roewe%20750/w_004_3.jpg

Kandyman
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/kandyman01/Roewe%20750/w_006_3.jpg

Kandyman
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/kandyman01/Roewe%20750/w_008_3.jpg

Kandyman
2nd November 2006, 20:44
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/kandyman01/Roewe%20750/w_010_3.jpg

Keith
3rd November 2006, 16:59
Gearbox developments
http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?id=89477

Kandyman
4th November 2006, 21:25
US/CHINA: Roewe 750 to get BW dual-clutch gearbox

31 October 2006| Source: just-auto.com editorial team

BorgWarner will provide its industry-first dual-clutch DualTronic transmission technology to Shanghai Automobile Gear Works, a subsidiary of Shanghai Automotive Industry Co. (SAIC), for the development of China's first dual-clutch transmission.

is this good news keith, as i dont know about boxes ?

Keith
4th November 2006, 21:41
I have no idea!

I was trawling about looking for proper Photos of the actual cars as most seem very shopped to me and found that link

I do think the Chinese are making a serious go at building a decent car,
a six speed manual or efficient auto box is the way to go imho

Commodore
5th November 2006, 12:08
Now I've had a really good look at the pics, as long as it isn't built out of tin foil like so many other Chinese cars that have found their way into the UK, then I'd seriously consider buying one.

Kandyman
5th November 2006, 12:10
Well if i had the money i would buy one as well :) maybe I'll have to wait a few years and pick a 2nd hand one up :)

Ken
5th November 2006, 12:11
Now I've had a really good look at the pics, as long as it isn't built out of tin foil like so many other Chinese cars that have found their way into the UK, then I'd seriously consider buying one.

I totally agree and again welcome to the club :lol:

majedm75
5th November 2006, 12:19
Hi,
Check these pages from the one of the main French Rover / Land Rover dealers concerning the Roewe 750.

http://www.rover.fr/roewe/saic-roewe.php

Regards,
Majed

markperkins
5th November 2006, 12:24
I've said it all before but
I like this car very much.

GreyGhost
5th November 2006, 12:28
Hi,
Check these pages from the one of the main French Rover / Land Rover dealers concerning the Roewe 750.

Regards,
Majed

Hi Majed

Welcome,

That design is growing on me,as long as build quality is at least as good as the our current models then I think they could have a winner in certain markets.

majedm75
5th November 2006, 12:35
:confused:
For the moment, I do not know what to think of it. I kind of like it at first site, but then I'm a little confused. I guess I'll wait to see it in front of me to give my final feelings. For the moment, my 75 is just great.

gert
5th November 2006, 16:28
Hi,

we have received today a statement from China reference to the Roewe 750.

For your information please read the statement and our response:

---------------------------------------------------------------

The new Chinese Rover 75 is there !

The new Chinese Rover 75 will not be named exactly like that but ...nearly: it is the new Roewe 750 which has been launched by SAIC this week end in Shanghai.
You can discover their site on the link:
http://www.roewe.com.cn/

I saw the car and I can tell you : it is beautiful and better build than the 75 was. I will try to drive it as soon as this will be possible.
I have some pictures but I don't know how to upload them.

JP

Hi jpg001,

thanks for your article. But this is not an article in the meaning of a press article. So I will copy it to the forums where it belongs to.

Why are you so sure that the Roewe is better built than the original Rover 75? Do you have any experiences with the Rover 75 or Rover cars at all?
My oppinion is that it is hard to evaluate the quality of a car without having tested it for a certain time. Are you involved in the chinese car industry?
Excuse me but the experiences with chinese cars (for example the "Landwind") reference to bulit quality and safety are very bad here in Europe. Would be great if the Roewe is really a well built car.

Nevertheless we have to wait some years before we will be able to form a view on this car. In the meantime it would be nice if the performance of the Roewe website will keep pace with laying claim to a quality product.
Please let us know if you have further interesting information for us.

Regards

Gert

Mike
5th November 2006, 16:31
Very good response Gert ;) And a big thanks for posting..........

Do you think he works for them?

Ken
5th November 2006, 16:38
Thank you Gert :lol:

gert
5th November 2006, 17:46
Hi,

not sure but it seems that he must be a kind of insider. As far as I know it is very difficult to get information and of course the opportunity to come close to such new things like a new car which isn't yet to sell. Let's wait and see what will happen.
It is also possible that he is not a chinese but an european that works in the Shanghai area as some hundred other.

Gert

Lates
5th November 2006, 18:33
I like the back end:)

Isnt that a V8 badge ??

Ken
5th November 2006, 18:42
Hi,

not sure but it seems that he must be a kind of insider. As far as I know it is very difficult to get information and of course the opportunity to come close to such new things like a new car which isn't yet to sell. Let's wait and see what will happen.
It is also possible that he is not a chinese but an european that works in the Shanghai area as some hundred other.

Gert

Gert I have sent you a PM :lol:

GreyGhost
5th November 2006, 19:26
Isnt that a V8 badge ??

2.5 V6 is what the badge says

Lates
5th November 2006, 20:14
I zoomed in on the pic although blurred looked a bit V8 ?

Kandyman
5th November 2006, 20:41
I suggest it is your eyes that is slightly blurred :drunk: , I think it was said on .org that it said V8 but then sober people zoomed in and said it was V6 ;)

Lates
5th November 2006, 20:57
TBh my eyes and head are a bit shot today, out for a meal and beer last night, first time for a long time.

GreyGhost
5th November 2006, 22:16
Shanghai Automotive bought the intellectual property rights to the Rover 75. This is their production car slightly redesigned, Quite tastefully IMHO and badged them Roewe 750.
PIcs at the beginning of this thread :)

Hope this Helps

Simon W
5th November 2006, 22:22
I take it they didn't buy the names MG and Rover as well?

Are they planning to sell the car in Europe and/or the UK? The interior looks terrific.

Commodore
5th November 2006, 22:26
Are they planning to sell the car in Europe and/or the UK? The interior looks terrific.
Nanjing got the MG name along with the rights to the ZR and ZT and TF. SAIC tried to buy the Rover name, but failed when Ford exercised its right of first refusal and bought it instead.

GreyGhost
5th November 2006, 22:28

Rover at that time still belonged to BMW and Nanjing have MG, they'll be producing the TF in spring probably kits shipped from china to be assembled at longbridge. And we all hope, but this is pure conjecture at the mo' the ZT will rise again in a slightly different format.

Commodore
5th November 2006, 22:45
I wonder why Ford wanted the name Rover. I can't imagine them doing anything with it.
Ford have bought it to take it out of circulation, thus protecting the Land Rover brand.

crofts
6th November 2006, 01:45
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/kandyman01/Roewe%20750/w_002_3.jpg

We'll we still have to see the quality & durability but the critisisms so far are few........... it's not a bad effort.
Got to hand it to the Chinese. To get a final product out in such a short space of time, from a standing start, is no mean achievment.
I can see the Chinese achieving similar success to the Japanese, Doesn't bode well for what remains of Britain's car industry. Only hope I'm wrong.

Spôôk
6th November 2006, 08:28
Personally I think they have done an OK job with the design. The outside changes are minor, but important. They have increased the boot height and managed a decent desing. The front design changes are small both in the "standard" and "executive" version, but I quite nice. They have increased the length for better space in the back (note interior picture), and the changes are pleasant.
BTW I don't recall seing the "standard" version pictures in here!
So here it is:
http://vifa-as.dk/Roewe_750.jpg
Spôôk

Simon W
6th November 2006, 09:29
Personally I think they have done an OK job with the design. The outside changes are minor, but important. They have increased the boot height and managed a decent desing. The front design changes are small both in the "standard" and "executive" version, but I quite nice. They have increased the length for better space in the back (note interior picture), and the changes are pleasant.
So here it is:
Spôôk

I think you'd have to see one for real to get a really accurate impression. The fluted boot lines look a bit Volvo-ish to me.

Keith
6th November 2006, 11:21
Ford have bought it to take it out of circulation, thus protecting the Land Rover brand.

Not necessarily there are noises of a small prestige car that may use the name rather than being a baby Jag

Time will tell though.

SCOTTY1
6th November 2006, 11:46
So here it is:
Spôôk

I really like that, it even has the same wheels as I've fitted to my car :clap:

Scotty1

Keith
6th November 2006, 12:01
Have we got any pictures of real cars (plural) not just one and not of all these very photoshopped looking cars

Where are the details of colour and trim options for example

I have not read anything about production lines etc so where has this Roewe come from?

Or am I jumping the gun?

Rincewind
6th November 2006, 12:17
I think that I've mentioned it on a few other sites, but as an ex-MGR man, I do actually quite like what they've done to the car. I'm not 100% there with the big chrome grille as I think that they've gone a tad too far with it over "our" original "Premium" grille. However, it's not too bad and I'm sure that it'll grow on me. I like the none chrome grill and I'm quite taken with the updated interior.

It's not quite where the MGR version of the update was going but never the less, it's freshened the interior up quite well I think.

The back end also looks quite purposeful I think.

it will be interesting to see what arrives and how it is perceived by the motoring pundits and the buying public.

Nic

Mike
6th November 2006, 12:22
I agree Nic. The unanswered questions for me are around material and build quality and panel fit. I do hope they understand their importance.

Rincewind
6th November 2006, 12:59
Well if NAC are beginning to understand the importance of build quality, customer perception of the "brand" then I hope that SAIC are also beginning to understand it.

We've seen the "quality" of Chinese vehicle in the past and also I see them here at work and sometime they do leave a lot to be desired. I hope that they have used the current vehicles NVH packages (well possible pre DRIVE anyway) and applied them as simply just copying things will not be good enough in my eyes.

I've seen and felt what copied engine mounts can do to a car and my 2005 25 diesel is not as refined compared to my wifes cousins 2000 25 diesel with "proper" engine mounts on.

Time will tell but they seem to be getting a positive feel from the masses.

Keith
7th November 2006, 10:22
Bump

see post 49

gert
7th November 2006, 16:33
Here is the answer from Shanghai:

Hi Gert,

Thanks for your message.
My experience with a R75: I have had two. One Diesel which I sold (just on time) at 155000km and a V6 full options which I kept after 150000km (I gave it later to my best friend when I came to live in China and I can still use it if I come back for a vacation). This last has cost me the eyes after 150000 km (not a single problem before though): Airco, auto gearbox, suspension, and finally the engine (I must reckon it was running on LPG).
To come back to the Roewe: I only have the impression it is better built than the Rover, only based on my eyes and my touch. It doesn’t have some small details unfinished like I used to know.
But I agree, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So nobody knows now.
However: everything is possible in China. I have a scooter and if they build a car like that, it won’t go very far. But I also have a Buick, made in Shanghai and it is very solid car. I will soon buy a Honda Odyssey (made in Guangzhou) and everybody says it is a very good car here.
SAIC has a good experience in building the Buick and Chevrolets, why aren’t they capable to build a very good car ? (by the way the engines will be GM I think: 1.8 T, V6 and I saw a hybrid version –it’s written on it but I don’t know what’s under the bonnet – I do know GM has launched the technology).
Another example: Brilliance assembles BMW and also build a very good 100% Chinese car here (people say, called the Zhongua)); so they are not all like the Landwind.
Having said that I don’t think the Chinese will ever equal the best brands in conquering the markets because they started too late (the Japs started in the 60’s and are only recently at the top). Also because they rely too much on foreign technology. They cannot really innovate.

I will send you the pics also,

Best regards,

JPG
Shanghai

No further comments at the moment...

Regards

Gert

MartinW
19th November 2006, 16:40
Don't expect to see it in the UK in 2007 now. Latest story is they wish to ensure its success in the Chinese market first.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20785201-36375,00.html

Red Rover not ready to come over
Geoff Dyer, Beijing
November 20, 2006
SHANGHAI Automotive had postponed plans to export Rover-based cars to Europe and the US in order to concentrate on the Chinese market, a senior executive said at the weekend.
Phil Murtaugh, the former head of General Motors in China who now runs Shanghai Auto's international operations, said the company would only begin to export the cars once they had become successful in the local market.

His comments are the latest indication that the much-hyped invasion of the US and European car markets by Chinese brands will be much slower than had been expected. Chery and Geely, two other ambitious Chinese car makers, have also recently delayed their planned entry to the US market. Shanghai Auto executives said earlier in the year that they hoped to begin selling the Rover-based cars in Britain and some other European countries from 2007.

"We have to get it right at home before we go outside of China," said Mr Murtaugh in the first interview he has given since moving to Shanghai Auto in September. "I do not know when we will start exporting."

Shanghai Auto bought the rights to the designs of two Rover models shortly before the British car maker collapsed last year. Another Chinese company, Nanjing Auto, later acquired the rights to several MG models. The Rover name is owned by Ford and Shanghai Auto is launching its cars in the Chinese market under the new brand name Roewe, although analysts believe it will try to acquire the rights to the Rover name from Ford when it launches its vehicles overseas.

State-owned Shanghai Auto is considered one of the Chinese companies with the best chances of successfully building its own car brand because of its manufacturing pedigree - its joint ventures with General Motors and Volkswagen are the biggest car makers in the fast-growing Chinese market.

Mr Murtaugh said the company would be able to build quality cars but the biggest challenge it faced was establishing a good customer service system, of which few Chinese companies had any experience.

Although a number of multinational companies are considering exporting cars from their plants in China, Mr Murtaugh said there was little chance that the car-making industry would shift to China, as many other manufacturing sectors have, because wages were rising quickly.

"There are not going to be too many more years when you will see low-cost and China in the same sentence," he said. "It is really expensive to put cars on a boat and ship them around the world. Why do you think the Japanese and Koreans have invested so much in new plants in the US?"

A number of senior industry executives are in Beijing this weekend for the country's annual motor show, a sign of the increasing importance of the Chinese market to the auto sector.

DaimlerChrysler chief executive Dieter Zetsche said the company was still discussing a manufacturing deal with a number of potential partners to make small vehicles for the group. One of the companies involved in the talks is believed to be Chery, the Chinese company.

Kandyman
19th November 2006, 23:06
Let them test it out first ;)

Roverama
20th November 2006, 10:40
Does this latest news regarding the SAIC car give Nanjing the advantage in their proposed relaunch of the of the ZT - R7Z ?

MartinW
20th November 2006, 10:50
It will certainly give NAC-MG a headstart back into the UK with the re-launch of MG TF production at Longbridge in the new year. Whether NAC have done much with the saloon/hatch range is open to debate although test mules from Nanjing have been seen (75s and 25s plus a Streetwise). These photos have been mistakenly reported as being Roewe concepts elsewhere and posted as spy shots of Roewe's 3dr small hatch! However some Roewe spyshots have been seen on the net of a smaller version of the 75, reputedly using the 75 platform but some suggest these are phot-shopped cars but with the white and black chequered effect it's difficult to get a feel for the shape.

NAC-MG have not made much real PR prgress, preferring to beaver away in the background, but it hasn't helped that the various Chinese Auto-shows tehy've attended have Longbridge built cars on display. Some of the backdrops do show the ZT in similar style to the current model, but it remains to be seen what it will look like. NAC don't have the funds that SAIC do, so revisions will be limited, I suspect, unlike the large scale re-work of the Roewe 750. But from various accounts, it seems that not only have NAC got teh body panels back in production but teh engines are also now being assembled. Work is also underway at Longbridge with Stadco involved for the TF, and it is reputed that the TF will have 60% UK content.

So, yes, I think SAIC's decision will give NAC a chance to back to market, bearing in mind that despite the decision above by SAIC, but I believe they were going to struggle anyway in the US/Europe with the Roewe name (not that Rover is anything other than a 4x4, and a sales disaster as a saloon in the past in the US).

lildevil
11th December 2006, 11:38
I agree with most on here that it looks nice however we won't really know exactly how good it is until we see it in the flesh. I like the updated interior however I am not to keen on the boot, I like the lights design on the rear but the overall shape of that boot doesn't suit it, but perhaps that is just where I am so used to the boot design on the R75.

I would consider getting one, except the boot it is a very good looking car and I would like to see it in this country by next year so I can get some idea of what it looks like in the flesh, but who knows what SAIC have planned. We will all have to wait and see what happens. Overall I still prefer my R75 over the 750

Regards
Tom

tourerfogey
11th December 2006, 12:21
I've pointed out on here a few times that Chinese manufacturers have had trouble getting other models through the European NCAP Safety tests without which they are not allowed to sell their products in Europe, now I wonder...................

M47Rman
11th December 2006, 15:55
Well I have resisted up to now, but I think it is time to give my humble opinion on this new Roewe!
Firstly the front loks ok, as it is similar to the MGR design. Second the interior looks ok, and I would suggest is probably pretty close to what a future 75 interior WOULD have looked like, although I suggest that this would have been combined with a far more modern/angular exterior design.
Third, I think the rear end looks awful, very unbalanced and heavy handed. It looks to me, as though the front, middle, rear and interior of the car, are all designed by different people, or were meant for different cars!
I was lucky to be a (small) part of the original 75 launch team, and from the start I loved the look and feel of the car, as it was designed as a WHOLE, and the exterior and interior came together to give an overall look/feel. Partly, nostalgic, partly retro, partly modern, but the whole feel was wonderful, albeit very traditional.
This new car, from the pictures, does not have that 'feel'. The sharp, modern, interior, does not IMHO blend well with the exterior shape of the car, and the interior reminds me of a BMW:eek: !
Then of course there are all of the design, build and material quality issues. I seriously doubt that this car is as good as our 75's, let alone an improvement! Developing a car is not simply a case of throwing a load of bits together, that someone else has designed, and watching it all work perfectly. If it was, we would all be doing it!

However, the biggest problem that I have with this car, is who is making it, where they are making it, and how they came to be making it. Even after this amount of time, I personally can still not accept what went on, or these peoples part in it, and as such I will NEVER buy a car from them. I will keep my 'proper' Rover 75, and would not hesitate to buy others of its ilk, but not a cheap Chinese rip off!
Rant now over
Andy:mad:

Jürgen
11th December 2006, 16:25
I've pointed out on here a few times that Chinese manufacturers have had trouble getting other models through the European NCAP Safety tests without which they are not allowed to sell their products in Europe, now I wonder...................

The real (British) 75 or ZT have a quite good safety standard.

So theoretically Nanjing could build a proper car. They have all the tools needed. But they won't, because they don't know how to use the equipment they bought. All the blueprints are owned by SAIC. I saw a report on BBC showing workers of Nanjing taking apart Longbridge built cars to look how they were built.:panic:

SAIC have all the blueprints to make a safe car. But I doubt they will do so. I fear they will only do the visible design and neglect the structure beneath it. :panic:

... and as such I will NEVER buy a car from them.

Me neither.

JP53
11th December 2006, 21:04
The real (British) 75 or ZT have a quite good safety standard.

So theoretically Nanjing could build a proper car. They have all the tools needed. But they won't, because they don't know how to use the equipment they bought. All the blueprints are owned by SAIC. I saw a report on BBC showing workers of Nanjing taking apart Longbridge built cars to look how they were built.:panic:

SAIC have all the blueprints to make a safe car. But I doubt they will do so. I fear they will only do the visible design and neglect the structure beneath it. :panic:

Me neither.

That is very worrying Juergen :eek: We will just have to keep our cars going for as long as possible :D

Zeb
11th December 2006, 21:21
So theoretically Nanjing could build a proper car. They have all the tools needed. But they won't, because they don't know how to use the equipment they bought. All the blueprints are owned by SAIC. I saw a report on BBC showing workers of Nanjing taking apart Longbridge built cars to look how they were built.

SAIC have all the blueprints to make a safe car. But I doubt they will do so. I fear they will only do the visible design and neglect the structure beneath it.

This is just the sort of nonsense we came out with about Japanese abilities in car making, electronics, ship building etc etc....it didn't get us anywhere then and it sure as hell won't now. An old friend of mine used to work at Lucas, he well remembers the 'fact-finding' missions from Japanese companies that visited them. He says they used to have a good laugh about them back then. Not any more they don't. Anyone naieve enough to think the Chinese cannot do a good job of the Roewe are in for a shock! For example: My wife's new lap top - made in China, my shower - made in China, most of the Christmas decorations - made in China, my beautiful oak carved dining table - made in China. My betting is that once again we will be outperformed on price, quality and creativity in years to come....maybe not just yet but it is coming...:(

tourerfogey
11th December 2006, 21:53
Hello Zeb

I don't doubt that what you say is true ( I mean, would YOU lie to ME? :) ) but for the moment it would seem that the Chinese are some way off when it comes to car construction for the reasons I've already stated. So, if the Roewe does make it into the UK and the rest of Europe I don't think it will be for a few years yet.

There is also the misguided general public perception of Rover - too many people thought they were bad cars anyway because that's what's been drummed into them by the likes of Jeremy Clarkson and other parts of the media, so to them the Roewe will probably appear to be a cheap eastern version of what was already a bad car. If the Chinese do decide to sell it here then I reckon they have to get it right first time because the media will not give them a second chance.

Bas

Zeb
11th December 2006, 21:54
Hello Zeb

I don't doubt that what you say is true ( I mean, would YOU lie to ME? :) ) but for the moment it would seem that the Chinese are some way off when it comes to car construction for the reasons I've already stated. So, if the Roewe does make it into the UK and the rest of Europe I don't think it will be for a few years yet.

There is also the misguided general public perception of Rover - too many people thought they were bad cars anyway because that's what's been drummed into them by the likes of Jeremy Clarkson and other parts of the media, so to them the Roewe will probably appear to be a cheap eastern version of what was already a bad car. If the Chinese do decide to sell it here then I reckon they have to get it right first time because the media will not give them a second chance.

Bas

I agree entirely Bas...

Simon
11th December 2006, 22:35
Agree with M47Rman about the looks. Interior is alright, but does hark at the new 5 series, as does the revised rear end. Front and middle look quite nice, though, especially in the "Premium" version.

I'm not going to hold my breath over the launch of the new Rover (or however its now named), like many I will wait and see what SAIC can come up with and if they can deliver the goods.

On a purely nostalgic and patriotic sense I will always love the Rover 75 and the MG ZT. They are British designed. British built.

And there's that word again "British"....

That word changes everything.

Need I say more?

M47Rman
12th December 2006, 12:45
Agree with M47Rman about the looks. Interior is alright, but does hark at the new 5 series, as does the revised rear end. Front and middle look quite nice, though, especially in the "Premium" version.

I'm not going to hold my breath over the launch of the new Rover (or however its now named), like many I will wait and see what SAIC can come up with and if they can deliver the goods.

On a purely nostalgic and patriotic sense I will always love the Rover 75 and the MG ZT. They are British designed. British built.

And there's that word again "British"....

That word changes everything.

Need I say more?

Absolutely!
Just to follow up on other coments made about the Chinese. I have no doubt, that the Chinese are succeeding, and will continue to. Indeed the computer I am writing this on was made in China! However the best way for them to do this is to develop their own products, not do rip off versions of other peoples designs (how many Chinese versions of the Cherokee are there?). In this way their products, and the companies that produce them will gain the respect that they deserve (or not). At the moment to me they just look like a load of rip off merchants. After all who would not be interested in a high quality, sharp looking, bargain priced motor car?
Still couldn't replace my 75 though!
Andy

Ken
12th December 2006, 12:52
My pc is also Chinese, the keyboard is confusing but the young lady that came with it is very helpful :rolleyes:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/southamptonprefabs/060221_exp_chinKeyboardEX.jpg

JP53
12th December 2006, 20:59
Hello Zeb

Bas

What worries me is if we get a Chinese version of Jeremy Clarkson :eek: Having said that, I'm sure that the Chinese government would have him run over by a tank if he bad mouthed their car industry in the same way as the British version did :D

markperkins
12th December 2006, 21:12
Interesting reading on this thread.

I have a real regard for this car; but the latest news seems to indicate that we may wait until 2008 for the imports to the UK.
I imagine that putting dealerships in place may take quite a while, if it's to be done well.
Probably worth the wait.

rockydo
12th December 2006, 21:45
Hi,

Regards,
Majed
looks good would like to see that rear end with a zt facelift front .. although it dont quite look so british, i like it

tourerfogey
13th December 2006, 12:42
In this week's Auto Express there is a piece on the Chinese built Brilliance BS6 which is the first Chinese built car to hit the roads of Europe, and the UK in January. It's a large saloon and said to be the sort of car that will compete with the Roewe 75.

Quotes from the piece include:-

'Cheap looking plastics, questionable wood trim and lacklustre build quality let down the interior trim' and the dash looks 'something from the eighties'

'5 speed box has vague shift action'

'Equipment levels leave alot to be desired'

'in the Euro NCAP crash testing programme the BS gained only 2 stars - with some serious concerns being raised about side impact protection'

'Brilliance BS is a massive let down'

'It falls behind rivals in every area'

Estimated price is £15k (Roewe 75 estimated to start at £17K)

Will the Roewe fair any better?

pondweed
13th December 2006, 18:55
makes me now think that tourer prices are going to rise, and thus that tourer is going to be the true eventual classic - chinese will never get around to estates, although this saloon will no doubt get over here by personal import if not offically... to be a curious blend of rubbish and massive improvement, no doubt.
has anyone any info about SAIC and tourer body...?