PDA

View Full Version : Igo Primo???

Clickernick
28th February 2011, 19:14
Hi all, I have a choice to run either Igo8 or Igo Primo on my Double Din.

Now,,, as has been said before, the benefits of one are balanced out by the benefits of the other, Igo 8 with the Gurjon Skin is very capable and about as 'Techy' as one could want from a sat nav software package.

Primo on the other hand is more swish and has a nicer GUI,,, BUT, and this is my point,,why is it so bloomin slow?????

Its update rate is like 1 second! I exagerate not!! Is this normal? Is it the graphic requirement not being met by the D/Din unit??

Any ideas out there folkes??? :shrug:

Mr Edd
28th February 2011, 19:21
Have to agree. Primo kept crashing on me in the middle of a busy city and I got lost a few times. (including being late for an important meeting)

I resorted back to iGO8 but that has other issues I have mentioned in another thread. :shrug:

Edd

baconbuttyman
28th February 2011, 19:31
i had no issues with either but i preferred Primo, where have you got your gps anttenai

Mr Edd
28th February 2011, 19:46
i had no issues with either but i preferred Primo, where have you got your gps anttenai

Sitting on top of the dash just under the reg disc.

Edd

baconbuttyman
28th February 2011, 19:56
Sitting on top of the dash just under the reg disc.

Edd

could be that its not positioned right, try threading it up through the A pillar and allong the roof lining, i got very good reception there

madone
28th February 2011, 20:45
I like IGO best. I find Primo so slow also.

Clickernick
28th February 2011, 20:54

Hi, I have it as many have said, on the metal bar behind the radio itself, this is a good place as it is just under the dash and it is always locking onto at least 8 satalites if not more.

I feel that a slow responce rate spoils a realy nice GUI.:shrug:

I also like the IGO8/Gurjon and it runs as fast as Tomtom but the dark green countryside colour is a bit moody!!! Totaly configurable though! :}

Mr Edd
1st March 2011, 19:02
could be that its not positioned right, try threading it up through the A pillar and allong the roof lining, i got very good reception there

I get at least 8 sometimes more satellites when the GPS is turned on. It has to be better sitting on top of the dash rather than under it; I would have thought.

I never have any issues with satellites with iGO8. Just that Primo (the one I got of Tony Fry) crashes when it gets busy in city traffic.

I use the default skins with both mainly because I can't be bothered changing the skins and then have to re-learn it all over again.

Edd

tony_fry
2nd March 2011, 06:31
Nav-N-Go have now updated Primo (3 days ago) I now have version 1.2, which runs a lot better and no error messages of "out of memory" ECT which I got now and again with version 1.1

I have been testing over the last few and have TTS running on it (after a lot of test trials) and the TMC working fine, but currently there is no skins for it (but it is being worked on).

I have several SAT NAV programes running on my unit, but I still go back to IGO shame they are no longer updating IGO, its now moved over to IGO-Primo.

Clickernick
2nd March 2011, 09:33
Agh that's good. Maybe I can get an upgrade to the Primo you supplied me last year,,, when it's all tested out of course Tony.

Dropbox is at the ready!! :D

Clickernick
2nd March 2011, 09:37

Nah mate,,, underdash is perfect, no probs on satellite acquisition, just a darn slow bit of nice looking software which might improve now it seems it has been updated. :}

Parker
2nd March 2011, 18:48
I'm running Primo and have no issues concerning performance but there is one touch screen button and for the life of me can't remember which but when touched it does crash the software, so now I don't touch it :) Graphics are much better in Primo.

baconbuttyman
2nd March 2011, 20:21
I'm running Primo and have no issues concerning performance but there is one touch screen button and for the life of me can't remember which but when touched it does crash the software, so now I don't touch it :) Graphics are much better in Primo.

agreed.....................

HarryM1BYT
2nd March 2011, 20:22
Nah mate,,, underdash is perfect, no probs on satellite acquisition, just a darn slow bit of nice looking software which might improve now it seems it has been updated. :}

I too find it a bit too slow, but rather in its responding to button pushes - especially when it has not been running for long.

I agree the middle of the dash, where it will see more of the sky, is best. On top of the metal bar under the dash does seem a perfect place for it and there is only the plastic of the dash above - I offset mine a little so it wasn't directly below the sun sensor for the a/c. The plastic will not make much if any difference to reception and it leaves nothing visible to atract theft (apart from the DD).

madone
4th March 2011, 07:15
Agh that's good. Maybe I can get an upgrade to the Primo you supplied me last year,,, when it's all tested out of course Tony.

Dropbox is at the ready!! :D

Same here Tony my Dropbox is empty and waiting :D:D

tony_fry
4th March 2011, 07:32
I have now fully tested Primo version 1.2 and have everything working TTS TMC and a skin on it.

This is now how the picture looks when you are heading for a traffic jam (if you have a TMC unit)

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0060.jpg

It allows you to accept the new route or not :}

steve811
4th March 2011, 11:46
How do the rest of us get hold of this Tony?:bowdown:

Mr Edd
4th March 2011, 19:21
I would like to try it again seeing as the first one kept crashing. Try anything 7 times. :shrug:

Edd

taffyduck
6th March 2011, 08:32
Nav-N-Go have now updated Primo (3 days ago) I now have version 1.2, which runs a lot better and no error messages of "out of memory" ECT which I got now and again with version 1.1

I have been testing over the last few and have TTS running on it (after a lot of test trials) and the TMC working fine, but currently there is no skins for it (but it is being worked on).

I have several SAT NAV programes running on my unit, but I still go back to IGO shame they are no longer updating IGO, its now moved over to IGO-Primo.

Hi Tony I've got the Updated version of Primo running on my unit and although everything runs as it should the voice instructions keep missing the first word. Have you had any such problems?:confused: And have you been able to change the Loading screen to one of our Logos?

tony_fry
7th March 2011, 06:23
Hi Tony I've got the Updated version of Primo running on my unit and although everything runs as it should the voice instructions keep missing the first word. Have you had any such problems?:confused: And have you been able to change the Loading screen to one of our Logos?

Hi Paul

I have not problem with the sound have you got the TTS working? If you PM me your email address I will send you the full working version.

I have not had time to play around with the loading splash screen yet, but it will be my project for this week!! :}

steve811
10th March 2011, 19:49
This is a hell of a lot better than the older version! The only problem I have is that there is an awful lot of features, any one got a manual!

tony_fry
11th March 2011, 10:13
This is a hell of a lot better than the older version! The only problem I have is that there is an awful lot of features, any one got a manual!

Hi Steve

IGO & Primo have been sent to you via Dropbox.

steve811
11th March 2011, 11:29
:bowdown:Many thanks!:bowdown:

HarryM1BYT
11th March 2011, 16:45
Hi Steve

IGO & Primo have been sent to you via Dropbox.

Hi Tony,

Could I have a copy too please?

tony_fry
11th March 2011, 16:48
Hi Tony,

I will send a link on Tuesday when I am back in work.

MARKUK
11th March 2011, 17:18
Harry, send me a pm with your email addy and I can add you now if you like

Rover_Frank
1st April 2011, 10:40
Can anyone please send me a link where I can download the new version of Primo ..does it include a map update as well?
...or send me the file en email :)
Just pm me.

Thanks guys :D

Edit: Can we use the new iGo9 in the DD unit?

MARKUK
1st April 2011, 17:25
Frank,

Send me your email addy in a PM and I will send you the link

norbury brook
1st April 2011, 23:17
I have the same issue as the other poster with voice commands clipped and no traffic, any one have a solution?

Marcus

handyjackdaniels
11th April 2011, 06:56
Hi Tony,

any chance of little ol' me having a copy??:D

GilesH
11th April 2011, 15:19
Howdy folks,

Could someone possibly send me a link for the updated version of Primo.

I've just fitted the TMC amp to my double din and although I get events showing up in Igo 8 I see nothing under Primo.

Thanks in advance...

kees
30th May 2011, 09:38
Hi guys,
I,ve read in this forum before that TomTom latest version does not work on the SeanDD.
I,m a former TomTom user and cann,t get used to Igo8.
Is there a possibility that mio pocket 4.0 can be the solution for that?
Mio pocket 4.0 is a unlock for Windows CE devices.
I,m no wizzkid but I've noticed that here on this forum are some.

:shrug: