PDA

View Full Version : Service Light Reset

Mark Heappey
5th March 2011, 18:57
I have just changed the oil and filters on my CDTi and reset the oil service light using the procedure from the forums. The question I have is that the indicator has now changed from "Oil Service" to "Inspection Service" with the mileage being reset to 15000. Is this normal or do I have to reset the system again to get it back to the Oil Service.
Many thanks
Mark

P.S keep up the good work everyone in posting on the site as we always manage to learn something new every day.

stocktake
5th March 2011, 19:01
Thats fine mark ;)

Mark Heappey
5th March 2011, 19:03
So what happens at the next service interval, does it then go back to oil service

T-Cut
5th March 2011, 20:25
The service type alternates between 'Oil Service' and 'Inspection' every 15,000 miles/annually in line with the different servicing jobs defined on the servicing schedules. You can see these in the Club's data base (subscribed members only) or from the following:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/waveguide/ServiceScheduleSheet.jpg

Service type 'A' = Oil Service
Service Type 'B' = Inspection Service
Service Type 'C' = Inspection Service and other extra jobs.

TC

Mark Heappey
5th March 2011, 21:06
Thanks T-Cut for the info. At least I know that I have reset the lights properly using my newly made reset tool. 2 pieces of wire and a push button.

cheers
Mark

T-Cut
6th March 2011, 12:04
2 pieces of wire and a push button.

Rather yours than mine.

TC

chrissyboy
6th March 2011, 13:32
why not just but a reset tool not a good idea to be poking wires in the ecm reset tool £10/£15 ecm £1200:shrug:

Mark Heappey
10th March 2011, 02:37
why not just but a reset tool not a good idea to be poking wires in the ecm reset tool £10/£15 ecm £1200:shrug:
Will buy proper tool for next service but had to do this one in hurry due to hospital visit and going to be laid up for a good few months, so no crawling around on the garage floor for a while.
Thanks for all the help I have received from you guys over the last 6 months, the car has been a dream to drive. I traded a brand new Seat Ibiza in to buy my lovely CDTi, best decision I ever made.

stocktake
10th March 2011, 05:45
And you live in Yorkshire, must be a good man, look out for the famous yorkie meets where we all get together for a cuppa and a giggle :)