PDA

View Full Version : What to replace D.D. filter with?

sjr
7th March 2011, 15:24
I had to remove the filter that came with my Sean DD, as it was causing my windscreen wipers to do odd things. But without it the radio reception is a bit crackely/noisy. But what do I replace it with?

Any help would be much appreciated,

SJR

Jakg
7th March 2011, 16:21
Wiper issue will just be that its wired up wrong.

Gessing the wires seemed to sweep on their own once when the engine turns of?

sratansi
7th March 2011, 19:40
Wiper issue will just be that its wired up wrong.

Gessing the wires seemed to sweep on their own once when the engine turns of?

Happens to mine too

HarryM1BYT
7th March 2011, 20:16
...and the radio looses its preset stations?

Those usual symptoms of the permanent 12v and the ignition switched 12v lines being crossed over. In my case (ex-Hi-line) I simply needed to use the short adaptor in the box as supplied by Sean.

sjr
9th March 2011, 08:35
Thanks for the replies guys,

No it is not wired incorrectly (I am a sparky) everything works fine, pre sets etc. The unit has been in for around a year.
I spoke to Sean initially and he said it was probably the filter. I removed it and the wiper problem disapeared. But I have some noise on the radio reception.

Any other ideas?

SJR

Jakg
9th March 2011, 09:49
I don't want to insult you but...

If you turn the ignition off, and the wipers do a sweep, you've got a BCU pulse problem - this is usually caused because you've got something drawing too much current from the ignition live.

I've had similar problems when I wired up my HK amp wrong (used perm / switched wrong way round), and when I tried putting a USB charger powered from the ignition live.

Is the filter powered soley by the ignition live, or is it turned on via relay which is connected to a perm live?

HarryM1BYT
9th March 2011, 15:38
Thanks for the replies guys,

No it is not wired incorrectly (I am a sparky) everything works fine, pre sets etc. The unit has been in for around a year.
I spoke to Sean initially and he said it was probably the filter. I removed it and the wiper problem disapeared. But I have some noise on the radio reception.

Any other ideas?

SJR

Noisy radio reception might be the ISO to DIN antenna adaptor - it was the cause of my poor reception. Cut off the ISO plug and fit a DIN type male plug.