PDA

View Full Version : Mini Meet & Natter

Pages : [1] 2

Freebyrd
9th March 2011, 10:09
Anyone interested in a Mini-Meet and Natter in the Edinburgh - East Lothian area? Open to ideas on locations and dates, but for openers, Sunday March 20th or Sunday 27th at Longniddry Inn or North Berwick????

Graham1961
9th March 2011, 19:38
Hi Brian...I'm up for that, now i am off March the 20th, so Longniddry or North Berwick would suit, flexible on location.....I'm in.

Freebyrd
10th March 2011, 08:21
Thanks Graham, should get a few more I hope

Brush 1
10th March 2011, 20:12
Hi i can make the 20th but dare i suggest the car park at the old somnerfield shop at dunbar, its never used so plenty room and not to far from a decent chippy (togi,s)

Graham1961
10th March 2011, 20:49
We could have a meal in Longniddry Inn, then a wee drive somewhere, see how things go....

Freebyrd
11th March 2011, 08:31
Dundar and Longniddry are fine with me. Hopefully a few more will respond and offer preference for venue. Thanks for ideas guys

tricia1470
15th March 2011, 09:09
Longniddry would be good :-) but depending on time Dunbar also, I kow both those areas as used to live in them lol

I have to drop step daughter back in Glenrothes so timing would be everything lol

Freebyrd
15th March 2011, 09:42
If everyone is in agreement, 3 pm at Longniddry Inn, Sunday 20th. ;) Only 5 days to go.

Brush 1
15th March 2011, 10:13
3pm is ok with me or even earlier if it helps

Freebyrd
15th March 2011, 10:18
Any other ideas on time? I chose 3pm in case others had things to do or needed time to travel

tricia1470
15th March 2011, 10:45
3pm should be okay with me :-) getting car valetted today so will be all spinky for it

Freebyrd
15th March 2011, 11:16
3pm should be okay with me :-) getting car valetted today so will be all spinky for it

Your determined to show the rest of us up, will have to give mine a wash then:D

So far the list is

1 Freebyrd
2 Graham 1961
3 Brush 1
4 Tricia 1470
5 Keiranwood
6 Suzublu (Poss)
Any More For Any More:confused:

Graham1961
15th March 2011, 14:05
Hi All....Anytime would suit me, no commitments, so even earlier would be alright..checked Longniddry Inn's opening hours...12.30pm till 7.30pm.

suzublu
17th March 2011, 17:42
I might make an appearance,weather dependant:shrug:

Freebyrd
17th March 2011, 18:30
I might make an appearance,weather dependant:shrug:

Great, would be nice if you could join us. You know the location of the Longniddry Inn?

suzublu
17th March 2011, 18:37
Just off the A1 i believe?

Graham1961
17th March 2011, 21:58
That would be great if you could make it Ronnie..Longniddry is of the A1, if you need assistance finding it, let me know:bowdown:

Freebyrd
18th March 2011, 01:47
Just off the A1 i believe?

If you are using Sat Nav, the post code for the Longniddry Inn is EH32 0NF

You have a PM with my mobile number Ronnie

tricia1470
18th March 2011, 21:08
Now I just need suggestions for fighting Ross for the steering wheel now lol

suzublu
18th March 2011, 21:15
If you are using Sat Nav, the post code for the Longniddry Inn is EH32 0NF

You have a PM with my mobile number Ronnie
Got it,sorted. now which Scotsman is buying the first round???:getmecoat:

Graham1961
18th March 2011, 22:01
Got it,sorted. now which Scotsman is buying the first round???:getmecoat: If i can find my 2 for 1 and buy 1 get 1 free vouchers.....I will..:getmecoat:

Freebyrd
19th March 2011, 08:24
If i can find my 2 for 1 and buy 1 get 1 free vouchers.....I will..:getmecoat:

Ah, a true Scotsman Graham:D:D:D

Freebyrd
20th March 2011, 18:11
Thanks to all for a good Meet & Natter at Longniddry (the fish & chips were good:D)

Graham 1961
Brush 1
Tricia 1470 (Ross and Caroline)
Suzublu
2 Diesels

Heres to the next one

Departed 32016
20th March 2011, 19:18
aw what i completely forgot it was today!

Brush 1
20th March 2011, 19:27
Yes it was a good day although should say tho that the excellent fish and chips etc were from gullane chipy not longniddry inn to avoid confusion lol (price of drink at inn bad enuf) but heres 2 nxt time

suzublu
20th March 2011, 20:56
Just got in, another canny day out at my second home:D Every time i drive home,it's always dark:shrug:. Got your message Brian, will amend the list accordingly

Graham1961
20th March 2011, 21:00
Thanks to all for a good Meet & Natter at Longniddry (the fish & chips were good:D)

Graham 1961
Brush 1
Tricia 1470 (Ross and Caroline)
Suzublu
2 Diesels

Heres to the next one Just to say i really enjoyed the wee meet, and special thanks goes to Ronnie (Suzublu) and Colin (2Diesels) for making the journey north, we had a refreshment in the Longniddry Inn, then to Gullane where we had Fish and Chips, and they were good :). Hopefully there will be more of these, i'm all for that.

Brush 1
20th March 2011, 21:08
Next time there is one tho lets hope convoy leader knows the route lol

tricia1470
20th March 2011, 21:21
Yeah Guys

Brilliant to meet you all and can't wait to next one xx

2Diesels
21st March 2011, 07:09
Nice to see you all yesterday, enjoyed the chips:drool4: thanks Ronnie for letting me tag along;)

Freebyrd
21st March 2011, 07:53
aw what i completely forgot it was today!
Never mind, arranging another meet soon, looking for ideas, remembering Oban on 10th April, will avoid that date

tricia1470
21st March 2011, 16:09
We've had a look and can't make Oban :-( due to work

derekosb
21st March 2011, 16:22
We've had a look and can't make Oban :-( due to work

Hope you will be able to make it along to the SARR on the 29th of May?

See here for details. (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79987)

:}:}

Derek

Brush 1
21st March 2011, 17:45
Just as an idea that since evreyone enjoyed the food at the gullane chippy on sunday wouldnt it be good if members from all areas recommended chip shops etc so that when on mini meets we can organise what areas to visit etc, also good if you had a day out with family etc then you would know where 2 get food that recommended by other members

Brush 1
21st March 2011, 18:06
Forgot to mention on previous post the 3 best chip shops (in my opinion) in my area (east lothianish) are, gullane, central or togis at dunbar and the bantry (mackies) at eyemouth. i,m sure others will be able to add more to the list but remember its chipys serving good food we,re after not dog food like some seem to serve. cheers

Freebyrd
21st March 2011, 18:24
Had a look at possible dates for next Meet, Sunday 24 April, any ideas/comments? Should give us time for ideas on location/chippy. :D :D

All comments, suggestions welcome

Graham1961
21st March 2011, 18:33
Just checked my shift pattern, and the the 24th April would be perfect as i am off long weekend........open to suggestions, and flexible on location...I'm in.:D

Freebyrd
21st March 2011, 18:40
Dunbar sounds good to me, lots of parking at the harbour or Bellhaven if the weather is good. And a decent chippy:drool4:

Graham1961
21st March 2011, 20:38
Dunbar sounds good to me, lots of parking at the harbour or Bellhaven if the weather is good. And a decent chippy:drool4: That sounds good to me, there is a couple of good fish and chip/restaurants and importantly excellent photo oppertunities...Yes that sounds good to me.....:D

FLYER
22nd March 2011, 09:55
I do believe that good fish n chips is gods gift to the human race , iv,e eaten all over the world and all kinds of food but still i come back to the the haddie and my own favourite COD.
Quality fresh fish in crispy batter drenched in salt n malt vinigerand the chips just slightly crushed so that they absorb the viniger.
Add to that a slice of pan bread with lurpak butter and a huge mug of tetley tea and i,m in heaven ,
mmmmmmmm soon be lunchtime and as it,s tuesday the fish will be fresh .:drool4:

tricia1470
22nd March 2011, 19:26
Okay it's offical I hate working shifts cannae make it to the April meet or the falkirk wheel cos I'm working baaaaaaaah

Freebyrd
23rd March 2011, 08:21
Okay it's offical I hate working shifts cannae make it to the April meet or the falkirk wheel cos I'm working baaaaaaaah

That's a pity Tricia, I think we could organise a few meets on a week day evening if members are interested. Ideas welcome:shrug:. I know a few of the members in theis area work shifts and over weekends (self included). With longer summer evenings just round the corner, evenings may be attractive to some. For the SARR weekend you could always tell your boss you have the flu :confused:

Graham1961
23rd March 2011, 17:59
That's a pity Tricia, I think we could organise a few meets on a week day evening if members are interested. Ideas welcome:shrug:. I know a few of the members in theis area work shifts and over weekends (self included). With longer summer evenings just round the corner, evenings may be attractive to some. For the SARR weekend you could always tell your boss you have the flu :confused:
I would be very interested in weekdays/evening meets, i think that is a super idea.......again flexible on location.

Freebyrd
23rd March 2011, 19:02
I would be very interested in weekdays/evening meets, i think that is a super idea.......again flexible on location.

Anyone been to South Queensferry lately? Could be a pleasant place for a meet, along the promenade. Sunday's or weekday evenings. How is it fixed for chippies?:shrug: It's been a while since I have been there (not since the ferries stopped:D). Any info and comments welcome.

Graham1961
23rd March 2011, 19:58
Anyone been to South Queensferry lately? Could be a pleasant place for a meet, along the promenade. Sunday's or weekday evenings. How is it fixed for chippies?:shrug: It's been a while since I have been there (not since the ferries stopped:D). Any info and comments welcome. I think the last time i was at South Queensferry, my grandfather still had an Austin A40, many many years ago, but Yes i would be up for that, not sure how its fixed for fish and chip shops, but a promenade would be a super place for a photo shoot.

Brush 1
24th March 2011, 15:20
As far as i know theres only 2 chipys in sth queensferry but cant remember if there sit in or just take away, but both dont have nearby parking and not near the prom infact nearest is opposite police station. but opposite the prom theres the hawes inn serves food till 9ish and does 3 courses for a tenner

Freebyrd
24th March 2011, 17:17
As far as i know theres only 2 chipys in sth queensferry but cant remember if there sit in or just take away, but both dont have nearby parking and not near the prom infact nearest is opposite police station. but opposite the prom theres the hawes inn serves food till 9ish and does 3 courses for a tenner

That sounds good to me, evenings or Sunday afternoons

Bluejon
24th March 2011, 19:59
That sounds good to me, evenings or Sunday afternoons

Hi Brian,

Would have loved to make it to this one,but just a wee bit too far for one evening,unless we stayed over in the Hawes Inn,as Jan & I did 24yrs ago,as part of our honeymoon,enroute on tour of the Highlands,in our old subaru,which was new then.
Fabulous place,we even had a four poster bed & champers,oh what memories,my only fear was,if a train came off the bridge,as the hotel is right underneath.

Best Regards.

John.

Graham1961
24th March 2011, 20:10
That sounds good to me, evenings or Sunday afternoons I work two Sundays out of three at the moment, but one is a 3.30pm finish, weekday evenings would be no problem at all as the latest i work through the week is 4pm, in fact if i am on weekend, i have days off through the week so i am ok with that:D

Freebyrd
25th March 2011, 07:23
Hi Brian,

Would have loved to make it to this one,but just a wee bit too far for one evening,unless we stayed over in the Hawes Inn,as Jan & I did 24yrs ago,as part of our honeymoon,enroute on tour of the Highlands,in our old subaru,which was new then.
Fabulous place,we even had a four poster bed & champers,oh what memories,my only fear was,if a train came off the bridge,as the hotel is right underneath.

Best Regards.

John.

It would be good to see you and Jan at one of our meets. It is a bit far for a one day trip I agree. There are a few new hotels in the S Queensferry area, a bit further from the bridge. We might try for a meet a bit further south later in the summer, it's the old problem of getting a date that suites the majority. I will be in the Lakes from 23 May for three days, will be at the Hartlepool meet on Sunday 22 May, staying over and travelling on to Bowness on the Monday. Hope to meet with you there

Brush 1
25th March 2011, 21:44
Forgot to say the menu at the hawes inn at sth queensferry is a set price menu available mon-sat then different one on a sun hope that helps

Freebyrd
25th March 2011, 22:00
Forgot to say the menu at the hawes inn at sth queensferry is a set price menu available mon-sat then different one on a sun hope that helps
I'll give them a ring and find out about menu - prices -booking .

Graham1961
25th March 2011, 23:04
I'll give them a ring and find out about menu - prices -booking . Excellent Brian......Look forward to this...

Freebyrd
15th April 2011, 08:10
Bump, Bump, Bump. Meet Sunday 24 April at South Queensferry (meet on the prom aound 2pm) Food at the Hawes Inn. Names of those interested please:p:

FLYER
15th April 2011, 10:19
Bump, Bump, Bump. Meet Sunday 24 April at South Queensferry (meet on the prom aound 2pm) Food at the Hawes Inn. Names of those interested please:p:

hmmmmm , rangers v celtic that afternoon .:(

Freebyrd
15th April 2011, 11:13
hmmmmm , rangers v celtic that afternoon .:(

Don't they play each other 24 times a season? Missing one game won't hurt, will it:confused:

FLYER
15th April 2011, 12:59
Don't they play each other 24 times a season? Missing one game won't hurt, will it:confused:

if your a gers fan with sky tv (me) yes it would , could be title decider.

Must say a wee run and meal would be excellent so i,m up for one just not this one ;)

Freebyrd
15th April 2011, 14:08
Will keep you posted George for a June Meet. Could be 26 (Sunday) June, Moffat Vehicle Show is that weekend. Maybe a meet at Moffat Show on the Sunday 26th. Should suite both East and West coasters. Comments anyone:confused:

derekosb
15th April 2011, 16:46
Will keep you posted George for a June Meet. Could be 26 (Sunday) June, Moffat Vehicle Show is that weekend. Maybe a meet at Moffat Show on the Sunday 26th. Should suit both East and West coasters. Comments anyone:confused:

Hi Brian,

That is an ideal weekend for me as it fits right between my two trips this summer. Any more details on the Moffat Vehicle Show or a link to a website?

Anyone else fancy this?

I can put this on the 2011 meet plans thread Brian if you can get me a contact with the organiser?

Derek

suzublu
15th April 2011, 16:49
Wouldn't mind that Moffat meet myself:)

derekosb
15th April 2011, 17:02
What is member's opinions on this event?

http://www.sre-scot.co.uk/index.html

Date: 25/06/2011-26/06/2011 Times:
Car Information: The rally accomodates 800-1000 entries some of which come hundreds of miles to participate. This 2 day event has a drive through the Moffat hills on the Saturday to St. Mary's Loch- 300 cars can participate, leaving the town centre in 15 minute intervals in groups of 60. The show is on Sunday where prizes are given for the best cars.
Event Description: Set in the beautiful Moffat hills, the rally is an incredible place to both exhibit your cherished classic or vintage motor car and a wonderful visitor experience
Area:Scotland
Postcode: DG10 9HL

Do we contact the organisers and try and display our cars as modern classics as we do within the SARR? Or do we simply attend the event as visitors?

Any preference?

Derek

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Graham1961
15th April 2011, 19:34
Bump, Bump, Bump. Meet Sunday 24 April at South Queensferry (meet on the prom aound 2pm) Food at the Hawes Inn. Names of those interested please:p: Please count me in for the 24th April Brian...Look forward to that;)

Graham1961
15th April 2011, 19:45
I am off that weekend, so would'nt mind it myself;)

FLYER
15th April 2011, 20:41
love moffat , get me and mrs FLYER down for it .
BTW excellent wee fish n chip shop in moffat :D

Freebyrd
16th April 2011, 07:33
Will definately be at Moffat, prefer to go as visitor meeting up in the car park.

Brush 1
16th April 2011, 10:09
I,m afraid i,m a highly doubtful for the 24th at sth queensferry, the oban trip wasnt to kind on the old brush mobile, it knackered my front wishbone and rear wheel bearings and for good measure my back discs need done 2. oh and a tyre as 1 of them decided to go wonky by bulging on inside. still waiting on mechanic to give me dates to fix it and price.

Freebyrd
16th April 2011, 13:42
I,m afraid i,m a highly doubtful for the 24th at sth queensferry, the oban trip wasnt to kind on the old brush mobile, it knackered my front wishbone and rear wheel bearings and for good measure my back discs need done 2. oh and a tyre as 1 of them decided to go wonky by bulging on inside. still waiting on mechanic to give me dates to fix it and price.
Sorry to hear that Ian, Hope all can be fixed and you can make S Queensferry

FLYER
16th April 2011, 19:29
I,m afraid i,m a highly doubtful for the 24th at sth queensferry, the oban trip wasnt to kind on the old brush mobile, it knackered my front wishbone and rear wheel bearings and for good measure my back discs need done 2. oh and a tyre as 1 of them decided to go wonky by bulging on inside. still waiting on mechanic to give me dates to fix it and price.i'm guessing you drove into a hole :shrug::shrug: or two :shrug::shrug:

Brush 1
16th April 2011, 20:56
Nope didnt hit any holes that i remember altho i think i,ll have a deep hole in my pocket

Graham1961
16th April 2011, 22:31
I,m afraid i,m a highly doubtful for the 24th at sth queensferry, the oban trip wasnt to kind on the old brush mobile, it knackered my front wishbone and rear wheel bearings and for good measure my back discs need done 2. oh and a tyre as 1 of them decided to go wonky by bulging on inside. still waiting on mechanic to give me dates to fix it and price. I can pick you up on my way through if your car is not repaired.

rotrex
20th April 2011, 22:17
hi guys, you got room for a late starter:D might see you there, tam

Graham1961
21st April 2011, 05:17
hi guys, you got room for a late starter:D might see you there, tam Plenty room Tam, as far as i know it's me and Freebyrd at the moment for South Queensferry, so if you can make it, that would be great...

rotrex
21st April 2011, 07:51
hoping to make it G. only 3 of us eh, hey if it rains we can have meet in a phone box :getmecoat::D

Freebyrd
21st April 2011, 09:45
The more the merrier Tam, be good to see you. Bring your own phone box:D

rotrex
22nd April 2011, 16:59
would need a tourer for that:shrug:

keithybhoy
23rd April 2011, 13:01
im up for moffat in june :)

Freebyrd
23rd April 2011, 15:10
Last minute reminder for Meet at South Queensferry, Sunday 24 April (Tomorrow) 2pm at Hawes Inn:D:D:D

rotrex
23rd April 2011, 19:55
see you there. I'll bring some nice weather with me :D

Graham1961
23rd April 2011, 20:20
See you there boys...let's hope weather is nice:) 2pm at The Hawes Inn.

keithybhoy
23rd April 2011, 20:38
Old firm day so i wont be able to make it as i have a ticket :)

rotrex
23rd April 2011, 21:00
See you there boys...let's hope weather is nice:) 2pm at The Hawes Inn.

this will sound daft, but I'v never been to queensferry and dont have a clue where the Hawes in is. do we have a postcode per chance :shrug::D

Graham1961
23rd April 2011, 21:49
this will sound daft, but I'v never been to queensferry and dont have a clue where the Hawes in is. do we have a postcode per chance :shrug::D Here you go Tam....7 Newhalls Road, South Queensferry EH30 9TA.

keithybhoy
23rd April 2011, 23:09
hope youz have a good day.remember to get some photos up :)

rotrex
23rd April 2011, 23:14
taa Graham. :bowdown: good point Kieth, must remember the camera. :D

FLYER
23rd April 2011, 23:20
taa Graham. :bowdown: good point Kieth, must remember the camera. :Djeez how did i know you wouldn't know where ANYWHERE was ;):D.

have a good day sir tam .;)

rotrex
23rd April 2011, 23:31
hi G, why you not going might I ask??

FLYER
23rd April 2011, 23:56
hi G, why you not going might I ask??

rangers v celtic on sky at 12.30 , simples sir tam .;)

rotrex
24th April 2011, 10:24
does your telly not record like :shrug:

FLYER
24th April 2011, 16:31
does your telly not record like :shrug:

there speaks a non footie fan .:D

keithybhoy
24th April 2011, 16:44
wasent much of a game :(

FLYER
24th April 2011, 17:08
wasent much of a game :(
seen better but at least it's still all up for grabs , interesting weeks ahead.
;)

N1&EPR
24th April 2011, 17:57
Thought my team (Rangers) were unlucky, the amount of chances they managed to create. Also glad that Celtic didn't get the win from a penalty that was from a wrong decision. That man McGregor was on form today. All in all, not the result I'd have liked but arguably fair all round.

Have to say as well, I lost a lot of respect for Neil Lennon from his behaviour at the end, going to the Rangers fans and making the gestures he did. Doesn't really fit the profile of a man supposedly 'under fear of his life'. Wonder if he'll be made to answer for it, or if he is such a hot potato now he can do as he likes and the SFA will just look the other way?

Guess it's all to play for now. As Flyer says, interesting times ahead.

Freebyrd
24th April 2011, 18:25
Thanks to Tam and Graham for the meet at S Queensferry. A good afternoon with some interesting vehicles to view, two wheels and four.

Some pics on a sunny afternoon

rotrex
24th April 2011, 19:41
aye twas a nice afternoon:D nice to meet you guys again and a good nosh as well.
as you say a few nice old things going about.
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6549/lpic7515.jpg (http://img694.imageshack.us/i/lpic7515.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/7715/lpic7518.jpg (http://img847.imageshack.us/i/lpic7518.jpg/)

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4733/lpic7510.jpg (http://img535.imageshack.us/i/lpic7510.jpg/)

and then the star of the show, Graham's 75 is in stunning condition.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8798/lpic7508.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/lpic7508.jpg/)

Brush 1
24th April 2011, 20:33
Your all nicked, parking on double yellows lol

rotrex
24th April 2011, 20:48
haha. there was pobably 50 cars parked on them tbh, we just joined in as was no where else to stop:shrug::D

keithybhoy
24th April 2011, 21:13
looked like a good day out,weather looked better than we had here in glasgow.
How many of us where there :)

rotrex
24th April 2011, 21:32
hi Keith.
weather was nice sunny for a while, then a wee bit cloud came over then it started to cool down about 5 ish.
3 of us were there, we stood about nattering for a while, then had a nice nosh. natterd some more, you know how it is:D

keithybhoy
24th April 2011, 22:20
And they say women can talk eh lol :)

Graham1961
24th April 2011, 22:36
Thank you for the complement Tam....Have to say i thoroughly enjoyed it today, nice weather, and lovely views across the Forth and the Bridges, have to mention the Ford Consul MK1 Estate (very rare) it was minted, and i mean minted, do love seeing cars like that, and a MK1 Ford Cortina (used to have one) and some lovely motorbikes. The three of us had a meal in the Hawes Inn, very nice, and then a natter, would certainly go back there....all in all a very enjoyable afternoon.:D

FLYER
24th April 2011, 23:05
great stuff troops , lookslike a braw day , some cracking old cars there by the look and again i'm astounded by the condition of grahams car , a peach of a motor . :D

rotrex
24th April 2011, 23:16
aye it really is superb. where were you :shrug:I know watchin telly:getmecoat:

FLYER
24th April 2011, 23:30
aye it really is superb. where were you :shrug:I know watchin telly:getmecoat:correcto , and guzzling export , hehe.

;)

joefowles
24th April 2011, 23:39
Any meeting up in Cheshire soon? Would be brill.....

Freebyrd
25th April 2011, 10:28
Meet-up Friday (evening) 20th May at South Queensferry anyone.
Views, opinions, ideas, alternatives welcome.

Don't think the 'Gers are playing that evening

rotrex
25th April 2011, 22:30
I'll probs be up for it ;)

keithybhoy
25th April 2011, 22:53
What time at as i dont finish work in glasgow til 6pm :)

FLYER
25th April 2011, 22:57
Meet-up Friday (evening) 20th May at South Queensferry anyone.
Views, opinions, ideas, alternatives welcome.

Don't think the 'Gers are playing that evening

hopefully be scottish champions by then .:D

Graham1961
25th April 2011, 23:45
That will be ok with me.....I'm working till 4pm at Haddington, but will head out when i finish, so should be there about 5 ish.

Freebyrd
26th April 2011, 04:56
What time at as i dont finish work in glasgow til 6pm :)

Regardless of the 'start time' we will be there till around 9 I would think. Still time for you to make it for a couple of hours I should think:D

keithybhoy
26th April 2011, 19:48
mintid i will do my best to be there :)

MASTIFF2
27th April 2011, 12:04
Hopefully I will be there too in Rotrex's old car ! :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/brianmur/25042011459s.jpg

Brian

tricia1470
28th April 2011, 04:15
Ross and I should be up for the 20th, will ask him today and will let you guys know :-)

tricia1470
28th April 2011, 16:06
Yup count us in for the 20th, we'll be there about 630-7pm, where we meeting?

Brush 1
28th April 2011, 18:17
I should make it for sth queensferry, presume it on prom opposite hawes inn, providing there enuf space without parking on double yellows lol

Freebyrd
28th April 2011, 19:13
I should make it for sth queensferry, presume it on prom opposite hawes inn, providing there enuf space without parking on double yellows lol
Yes, on the Prom and NOT on double yellows:p: All who saw the pics of last Sunday at S Queensferry will have noticed that my ZT-T was not on double yellows:D. I cannot, however, be held responsible for the other two who were caught on cam:p::p:

Bring your own coffee, tea, milk, sugar and cups. I will bring the water and the gas camping stove.

Freebyrd
28th April 2011, 19:14
Yup count us in for the 20th, we'll be there about 630-7pm, where we meeting?
On the Prom, near the pier and Hawes Inn

tricia1470
28th April 2011, 19:15
On the Prom, near the pier and Hawes Inn

Fabby Ross will be driving cos I dont know South Queensferry very well

Brush 1
29th April 2011, 05:29
Yes, on the Prom and NOT on double yellows:p: All who saw the pics of last Sunday at S Queensferry will have noticed that my ZT-T was not on double yellows:D. I cannot, however, be held responsible for the other two who were caught on cam:p::p:

Bring your own coffee, tea, milk, sugar and cups. I will bring the water and the gas camping stove.

dont u need a kettle aswell lol i,d bring mine but cable wouldnt reach plug lol

Freebyrd
29th April 2011, 07:50
dont u need a kettle aswell lol i,d bring mine but cable wouldnt reach plug lol
Yes, got the kettle too

suzublu
29th April 2011, 19:45
Copycat:D:D:D:D

Brush 1
29th April 2011, 21:00
now now boys no arguing over kettles lol

suzublu
29th April 2011, 21:04
By kettles bigger than his kettle :getmecoat:

Freebyrd
30th April 2011, 08:22
By kettles bigger than his kettle :getmecoat:
My stove has TWO burners, :p::p: and my kettle whistles LOUDER

suzublu
30th April 2011, 08:26
Ok, you win:D:D

Freebyrd
30th April 2011, 08:34
Ok, you win:D:D
We can have a 'Kettle Boiling Contest' at Hartlepool the 22nd May
I don't want any claims of Foul cos I use Scots Water :D:D

suzublu
30th April 2011, 08:38
Hartlepool has it's own spring water so there:p:

Freebyrd
30th April 2011, 08:43
Hartlepool has it's own spring water so there:p:
"I have been for two days to taste the water, and do assure you that nothing could be salter and bitterer and nastier and better for you... "
So said the poet Thomas Gray visiting Hartlepool in July 1765. But does it make good coffee:confused:

Freebyrd
30th April 2011, 09:29
South Queensferry Friday 20th May:

The list so far

1. Freebyrd
2. Graham 1961
3. Tricia 1420 (& Ross)
4. Brush 1 (and Natalie)
5. Rotrex (Pos.)
6. Mastiff 2 (Pos.)
7. Flyer (and Mrs Flyer)
8. Keithybhoy (Pos.)

So we all know where to meet, I have included this pic.

Brush 1
30th April 2011, 14:24
i,ve got 2 stoves lol and couple of pans and a frying pan

Freebyrd
30th April 2011, 15:36
In that case, I'll have two bacon rolls and a bag of chips Ian, tell Natalie to get the apron on:D

FLYER
30th April 2011, 16:14

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/davidsonson/carry-on-camping.jpg:D:D:D

Freebyrd
30th April 2011, 17:16
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/davidsonson/carry-on-camping.jpg:D:D:D
If your coming to S Queensferry meet, I hope your not wearing the kahki shorts George:getmecoat:

Brush 1
30th April 2011, 18:07
In that case, I'll have two bacon rolls and a bag of chips Ian, tell Natalie to get the apron on:D

Having suffered natalies cooking for sometime i wouldnt recomend her cooking (and i,ve told her so) she needs satnav to find a cooker let alone use it

FLYER
13th May 2011, 22:45
Just booked a room for the night at the HAWES INN so see you all there :D

Brush 1
14th May 2011, 01:19
Oh oh george hope u bringing ur own food, i was there last saturday with nat (did say she cant cook) and i waited that long on my dinner (over 30min) we walked out

Freebyrd
14th May 2011, 08:22
Just booked a room for the night at the HAWES INN so see you all there :D
Great stuff George, see you there, get the parking sorted for us:p:

FLYER
14th May 2011, 10:36
Oh oh george hope u bringing ur own food, i was there last saturday with nat (did say she cant cook) and i waited that long on my dinner (over 30min) we walked out

30 mins pah !!!!.

On the sunday of the OBAN meet we went to nice hotel and they kept us an hour after our booking time , they were most apologetic but we didn't mind as the shellfish was fantastic.

FLYER
14th May 2011, 13:34
BTW it,s advisable if you all want to sit together that a table be booked methinks:D

That of course is assuming you want to eat at the HAWES .

tricia1470
14th May 2011, 18:18
Looking forward to Friday :-)

We'll see you all bout 7ish :-)

Freebyrd
16th May 2011, 08:11
Reminder for this comming Friday

South Queensferry Friday 20th May:

The list so far

1. Freebyrd
2. Graham 1961 (Driving his Yaris)
3. Tricia 1420 (& Ross)
4. Brush 1 (and Natalie)
5. Rotrex (Pos.)
6. Mastiff 2 (Pos.)
7. Flyer (and Ann Marie)
8. Keithybhoy (Pos.)

Any more for anymore:cool:

Graham1961
16th May 2011, 08:41
I might be coming in my wee Yaris, as i am putting the Rover into the Bass Rock garage on Tuesday (17th) to get the air con serviced and the wheels refurbished, they are being sent to a place near East Fortune where they are being powdercoated, so i am not sure if the car will be back in time or not, but i will be there..;)

Freebyrd
16th May 2011, 08:49
I might be coming in my wee Yaris, as i am putting the Rover into the Bass Rock garage on Tuesday (17th) to get the air con serviced and the wheels refurbished, they are being sent to a place near East Fortune where they are being powdercoated, so i am not sure if the car will be back in time or not, but i will be there..;)
The 75 will be looking even better for Falkirk on the 29th then:) I'll be lucky to get mine washed for the SAAR. Of to Hartlepool on sunday 22, then a week in the Lake District and Falkirk on the 29th:D

FLYER
16th May 2011, 10:17

tell em to get a shift on , wont be the same without seeing your car there.:drool4::D

Graham1961
16th May 2011, 14:05
I hope the car will be ready for friday, but if not it will have to be the Yaris......:)

tricia1470
16th May 2011, 17:45
Atleast you'll be there hun

Ummmm mine may be in the bad books though due to coolant level dropping, I think one of the rubber hoses is to blame as there is pink on a jub clip :-(

Graham1961
16th May 2011, 20:43
Atleast you'll be there hun

Ummmm mine may be in the bad books though due to coolant level dropping, I think one of the rubber hoses is to blame as there is pink on a jub clip :-( We can take a look at that on Fri evening, and see what we can do.....:)

tricia1470
16th May 2011, 20:44
We can take a look at that on Fri evening, and see what we can do.....:)

Thanks Hunny, and i've spoken to Ross about your download

MASTIFF2
17th May 2011, 19:04
Looks like I'm pretty much a definite for Friday :D

Brian

FLYER
17th May 2011, 21:09
Looks like I'm pretty much a definite for Friday :D

Brianany word from SIR TAM OF SHOTTS:shrug::D

Freebyrd
17th May 2011, 22:27
any word from SIR TAM OF SHOTTS:shrug::D
Havn't heard from Tam, last word was he might come through. Will send him a PM.

MASTIFF2
18th May 2011, 14:35
He still has computer problems but I should see him tonight , he said yesterday he still planned to come :D:D:D

regards
Brian

Freebyrd
18th May 2011, 14:54
He still has computer problems but I should see him tonight , he said yesterday he still planned to come :D:D:D

regards
Brian
Good, he knows the way, any time from about 6pm

MASTIFF2
18th May 2011, 18:57
Spoke to Tam , he still plans on coming ,we'll probably just run through in formation :D

Brian

keithybhoy
19th May 2011, 14:12
I'l be there too but as i dont finish work untill 6pm in glasgow i will be late to arive ;-)

Freebyrd
19th May 2011, 15:25
I'l be there too but as i dont finish work untill 6pm in glasgow i will be late to arive ;-)
We will still be there, look forward to meeting you.

keithybhoy
19th May 2011, 18:02
Aye it will be good to meet some fello members

Thomas
19th May 2011, 18:02
Aye it will be good to meet some fello members

You met me didnt that put you off for good????:D:getmecoat:

keithybhoy
20th May 2011, 16:59
nah tom you seem ok (i think) LOL:D

keithybhoy
20th May 2011, 18:17
Im still at work so its gonna be tight :mad:

Thomas
20th May 2011, 18:19
Im still at work so its gonna be tight :mad:

Think of the overtime!

keithybhoy
20th May 2011, 21:47
I wish mate,im on a salary so i dont get OT.
Gutted i never made it,gave the car a mini valet for the meet
but i didnt get out until ten to eight :mad:

tricia1470
20th May 2011, 21:54
Brill meet, nice to meet you again and some we've never met before

Trish

FLYER
20th May 2011, 22:18
Brill meet, nice to meet you again and some we've never met before

Trish

that would be me , nice to meet you and ross .:D

FLYER
20th May 2011, 22:21
great mini meet and good natter, terrible phone signal as per .:D

FLYER
20th May 2011, 22:26
this has to be the best view of any hotel ive ever stayed at , the forth bridge and rail bridge , stunning .:D

MASTIFF2
20th May 2011, 23:37
Great night , nice to meet everybody and a nice meal too :D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/brianmur/DSCF7139c.jpg

Brian

Freebyrd
21st May 2011, 09:22
Another great evening, thanks to all who made it. The Fish and Chips were good:drool4: Looking forward to the next time.

FLYER
21st May 2011, 13:28
TRICIA this is for you , your car is wedgewood blue the early ones had the code JEL but the later ones had a code change to JBH .

tricia1470
21st May 2011, 14:00
TRICIA this is for you , your car is wedgewood blue the early ones had the code JEL but the later ones had a code change to JBH .

HEEHEE told yah xxx

rotrex
21st May 2011, 21:31
:ook ok I was wrong :D was a great meet. good to see you all, roll on the next one.

Graham1961
21st May 2011, 22:44
Just a wee message to say how much i enjoyed the meet on Friday night, great folk and banter, was great to meet Mastiff2 (Brian) and Colin.
Super meal in the Hawes Inn and the views across the Forth with the Bridges is just breathtaking, really like South Queensferry, very "Olde Worlde" charm yet a really nice place for a meet, love the seaviews, got my Rover back this afternoon, wheels all powdercoated and they look good, will polish them later in the week, but i have to say i really enjoyed the wee meet very much and look forward to the next one.;):)

Graham1961
21st May 2011, 22:44
Great to see back online Tam.......:bowdown:

rotrex
23rd May 2011, 14:19
Great to see back online Tam.......:bowdown:

its temporary fornow Graham, borrowed the use of this PC mine still not sorted :(.

tricia1470
24th May 2011, 20:35
So guys when's next one :D and can some-one pm me the hose I need to get for leak x

Freebyrd
26th May 2011, 12:54
The next 'Famous' Mini Meet : How about Friday 17 June at same place:confused:. All comments welcome:cool:

Just home from the Lakes and Hartlepool meet. Thought it was windy at hartlepool, in the Lakes it was blowing a gale 60-70mph and rain that had the ducks jumping for joy:p:

Graham1961
26th May 2011, 13:13
The next 'Famous' Mini Meet : How about Friday 17 June at same place:confused:. All comments welcome:cool:

Just home from the Lakes and Hartlepool meet. Thought it was windy at hartlepool, in the Lakes it was blowing a gale 60-70mph and rain that had the ducks jumping for joy:p: I am of that day 17th June, so count me in.....

tricia1470
26th May 2011, 15:20
Im dayshift again so me & Ross can get there same time, and we'll have Caroline with us aswell :-)

Freebyrd
26th May 2011, 15:40
The One-and-Only World Famous 75&ZT South Queensferry Mini Meet: Friday 17 June (Dress Casual);)

Those Privilaged to attend so far:

1. Freebyrd
2. Graham 1961
3. Tricia, Ross and Caroline
4. 75 Tourer (Pos)
5. Keithybhoy
6. Rotrex 7. Mr & Mrs Flyer -Train Spotters (Poss.)
8. Mastiff 2 (Unless the Aliens get him)
9. Ronjr
10. Brush 1

75tourer
26th May 2011, 19:31
Just had to call off the Falkirk meet this Sunday so will try and attend this one :) Pencil me in.

Freebyrd
27th May 2011, 06:27
Just had to call off the Falkirk meet this Sunday so will try and attend this one :) Pencil me in.
Your in. pity you can't make Falkirk

keithybhoy
27th May 2011, 12:04
im on a half day on the 17th so i WILL be there,looking forward to it seeing as i missed the last one,friggan work :p:

Freebyrd
27th May 2011, 12:10
Well done, any time around 5-6pm, look forward to meeting you Keith. Your on the list

keithybhoy
27th May 2011, 16:25
minted,cheers mate :)

rotrex
27th May 2011, 23:14
guys I hope to be there. will let youknow for deffo nearer the date providing it fits in with family duty ect, tam

Freebyrd
28th May 2011, 06:18
guys I hope to be there. will let youknow for deffo nearer the date providing it fits in with family duty ect, tam
OK Tam, will put you down as a Poss.

FLYER
29th May 2011, 18:29
Get MR n MRS FLYER down as possibles as i,m getting withdrawel symptoms for the 05.07 first train over the bridge :D.
Will try and remember my earplugs this time .;)

Freebyrd
29th May 2011, 20:05
Get MR n MRS FLYER down as possibles as i,m getting withdrawel symptom for the 05.07 first train over the bridge :D.
Will try and remember my earplugs this time .;)
Your on the list George, remember the anoraks for train spotting:o

MASTIFF2
30th May 2011, 09:59
I will be there again also unless struck by lightning/kidnapped by aliens etc :D

Brian

Freebyrd
30th May 2011, 10:28
I will be there again also unless struck by lightning/kidnapped by aliens etc :D

Brian
Your on the list Brian

Brush 1
6th June 2011, 14:07
mark me down for a possible, does the inn have it,s own rover table or room as there that often lol:shrug:

Freebyrd
6th June 2011, 15:09
mark me down for a possible, does the inn have it,s own rover table or room as there that often lol:shrug:
When we move in, the others move out. We have our very own waitress, will explain that later;)
Be good to see you Ian.

Graham1961
7th June 2011, 18:21
I will be there as i am off that day, anytime suits me.....:)

FLYER
7th June 2011, 18:43

When i arrived at the last meet they were stuck at a wee table so i led them into a big lounge with seaviews .:D:D:p::p:

MASTIFF2
8th June 2011, 19:11
That waitress scares me , I think she likes Tam though !! :bowdown:

FLYER
8th June 2011, 19:21
That waitress scares me , I think she likes Tam though !! :bowdown:If she thinks he has money shes in for a shock :D:D

suzublu
8th June 2011, 20:23
If she thinks any of you have money she's in for a shock:getmecoat:

FLYER
8th June 2011, 20:46
If she thinks any of you have money she's in for a shock:getmecoat:

sadly true :mad::D

suzublu
8th June 2011, 20:49
Apart from you George,only got one house now so loaded:D

FLYER
8th June 2011, 20:52
Apart from you George,only got one house now so loaded:Dhouse rented and my bought house unsold so mega skint thank you :mad::D

suzublu
8th June 2011, 20:56
Oooops,:getmecoat: never mind,i'm sure someone will stand you a swally on Friday:shrug::D

Graham1961
8th June 2011, 22:46
That waitress scares me , I think she likes Tam though !! :bowdown: I have to agree with you Brian, she does send a shiver up you, she does like Tam though, so we are safe enough..:D:D

tricia1470
9th June 2011, 05:32
Oi you leave her alone the condiments scared me more shudder lol

I am thinking about when you go to an expensive place for a night out there is always some woman with booze in her bag, wellllllll i may have tartar sauce rofl

Freebyrd
9th June 2011, 08:12
Maybe the waitress thinks Tam needs a good feed:p: I'm not sure I want to see her condiments, but the tartar sauce sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!;)
I think a pic of her for this forum is in order, Tam bring your camera:D

tricia1470
9th June 2011, 08:35
Maybe the waitress thinks Tam needs a good feed:p: I'm not sure I want to see her condiments, but the tartar sauce sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!;)
I think a pic of her for this forum is in order, Tam bring your camera:D

What you like LOL

Freebyrd
9th June 2011, 08:43
What you like LOL
I forgot you and Ross know the waitress:mad:. Don't tell Tam:o

tricia1470
9th June 2011, 09:28
I forgot you and Ross know the waitress:mad:. Don't tell Tam:o

It okay lol, we only know her from a different place we used to eat, but why not tell Tam ???

FLYER
9th June 2011, 09:41
i think the waitress IS a tartar.:D

tricia1470
9th June 2011, 09:46
i think the waitress IS a tartar.:D

Thats only cos your plate nearly hit you LOL :D

FLYER
9th June 2011, 09:52
Thats only cos your plate nearly hit you LOL :D

yeah it was a bit like an incoming missile , must agree with you the sauces tray was just about the most gross thing ive ever seen .:D

River Clyde Connie
9th June 2011, 12:30
yeah it was a bit like an incoming missile , must agree with you the sauces tray was just about the most gross thing ive ever seen .:D

You haven't seen Michelle McManus on tv then? :D:D:D

FLYER
9th June 2011, 17:57
You haven't seen Michelle McManus on tv then? :D:D:D

oi big michelle is my dream girl , i like em big :drool4::Dhttp://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/davidsonson/00070DA4-DC34-13A7-ACEB0C01AC1BF814.jpg

rotrex
9th June 2011, 21:07
cough cough excuse me what all this talking about me as if I'm no here:shrug:

Brush 1
10th June 2011, 10:50
is this same waitress i saw? blooming huge and face like a bulldog chewing a wasp lol pure gross, but if tam likes them that way.....well...:puke:lol

Graham1961
10th June 2011, 18:43
Any rough times for the meet, i am off next friday, so can be there anytime, will have the rover this time, air conditioner condenser and a pipe been replaced, by jeepers when you put the temp on "LO" it's baltic;)

FLYER
10th June 2011, 18:51
Any rough times for the meet, i am off next friday, so can be there anytime, will have the rover this time, air conditioner condenser and a pipe been replaced, by jeepers when you put the temp on "LO" it's baltic;)All we need now is a summer to use it eh ????:D:getmecoat:

FLYER
10th June 2011, 18:51
cough cough excuse me what all this talking about me as if I'm no here:shrug:You wern't !!!!!:D

Graham1961
10th June 2011, 18:55
All we need now is a summer to use it eh ????:D:getmecoat: Your spot on there George, think we had it at Oban :D

FLYER
10th June 2011, 19:00
Your spot on there George, think we had it at Oban :DI,m planning on arriving about 6 graham.:D

rotrex
10th June 2011, 23:14
You wern't !!!!!:D

fiar shout I suppose :shrug:

keithybhoy
10th June 2011, 23:15
i should be their about 6ish too,thats if all this talk about the scary waitress dont frighten me out of it lol:D

rotrex
10th June 2011, 23:21
see you there guys n gals:D

River Clyde Connie
10th June 2011, 23:24
If my 75 is back on the road in time I'll pop along and say hi. I'm dying to see this monster waitress.:D

Tam, Hi there. I'm John. Stay just conveniently along the road from you in the Law. Trying at will to keep a 10 yr old connie on the road, so might be chapping your door for parts soon. :}

keithybhoy
10th June 2011, 23:29
so might be chapping your door for parts soon. :}

cant big tam up enough,top guy and quick delivery too lol(tam will get it).
Ps got the gearknob on tam and all it took was a drill and a heavy right hand....cheers mate :)

FLYER
11th June 2011, 09:41
If my 75 is back on the road in time I'll pop along and say hi. I'm dying to see this monster waitress.:D

Tam, Hi there. I'm John. Stay just conveniently along the road from you in the Law. Trying at will to keep a 10 yr old connie on the road, so might be chapping your door for parts soon. :}Just to put you in the picture TAM doesn,t have a great sense of direction "OR" where "ANYWHERE" is .

Gets lost going to the shops by all accounts .:D:D

River Clyde Connie
11th June 2011, 10:19
Just to put you in the picture TAM doesn,t have a great sense of direction "OR" where "ANYWHERE" is .

That's a great excuse for disappearing for whole weekends.:D

FLYER
11th June 2011, 10:28
That's a great excuse for disappearing for whole weekends.:Doops better not talk about him when he's [NO HERE !!]:D:D

tricia1470
11th June 2011, 21:56
LOL

1 thing guys, Carolines mum cut her hair! and I mean butchered it, so can you all say how nice it looks on Friday pretty please

Taken about 12 inches off so now at bairns ears, and I cant take her to hairdressers to sort it this before the meet
x

Graham1961
11th June 2011, 22:01
LOL

1 thing guys, Carolines mum cut her hair! and I mean butchered it, so can you all say how nice it looks on Friday pretty please

Taken about 12 inches off so now at bairns ears, and I cant take her to hairdressers to sort it this before the meet
x Consider it done Tricia ;) no problem.....

tricia1470
11th June 2011, 23:58
Consider it done Tricia ;) no problem.....

Thanks Hun

FLYER
12th June 2011, 14:58
Hair raising stuff.:D

Hair today , gone tomorrow.

tricia1470
12th June 2011, 17:31
LOL pretty much poor wee one been scalped

FLYER
12th June 2011, 22:27
LOL pretty much poor wee one been scalpedI promise not to stare ;)

rotrex
12th June 2011, 22:34
oops better not talk about him when he's [NO HERE !!]:D:D

talk away mate I'm here:D

FLYER
12th June 2011, 22:39
talk away mate I'm here:D:D:D:p::p:.....

Brush 1
14th June 2011, 10:31
LOL pretty much poor wee one been scalped
is this to distract us from helga the waitress lol:}

Brush 1
14th June 2011, 10:41
Just to put you in the picture TAM doesn,t have a great sense of direction "OR" where "ANYWHERE" is .

good excuse to go away for a dirty weekend with the waitress from hell lol :getmecoat:

MASTIFF2
14th June 2011, 22:03
good excuse to go away for a dirty weekend with the waitress from hell lol :getmecoat:

You're saying that now , we'l see who is brave on Friday :} , I went to the shops with Tam the other day (mostly on two wheels) ,he did find them but also went the long way home .

Departed 32016
14th June 2011, 22:19
Might show my face also what time?

Freebyrd
15th June 2011, 07:22
Might show my face also what time?
From about 5.30 on, most will arrive about 6 (ish).

75tourer
15th June 2011, 11:27
Wheres the meeting place? and whats the plan/times etc for the meet- Cheers

Departed 32016
15th June 2011, 11:33
Ah I finish at 7 so would be there for 8 so probably a bit late

rotrex
15th June 2011, 14:27
last time we stood about untill probably after ten so not a problem:D

rotrex
15th June 2011, 14:29

hi. south queensferry anytime after 5 iirc. details are in this thread somewhere;) see you there:D tam.

Freebyrd
15th June 2011, 15:15
Hawes Inn, South Queensferry. EH30 9TA. Parking on the prom eating in the Inn. Anytime from approx. 5.30-6PM until whenever.

FLYER
16th June 2011, 10:24
Considering all your comments about the waitress maybe it should be renamed THE AULD HAGS INN .:D

tricia1470
16th June 2011, 14:20
Considering all your comments about the waitress maybe it should be renamed THE AULD HAGS INN .:D

You should be ashamed LOL she might have had a hard paper round :getmecoat:

FLYER
16th June 2011, 14:37

yeah !! Round the coupon.:D

Freebyrd
16th June 2011, 14:41
Hard paper is cardboard, isn't it:p:

FLYER
17th June 2011, 13:36
whats it like on east side , its been p issing it down here all day .:mad: