PDA

View Full Version : Easter Camping?

bigrob73
9th March 2011, 21:17
So..... Is anyone else going to be brave and go camping at Easter?

We are heading to the cliffs of Cromer with its lovely warm North Sea breeze. :D

Luckily there will be 15 of us, so much fun and beer will be had to keep us warm!

Anyone else?

Rob

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
9th March 2011, 21:29

We are heading to the cliffs of Cromer with its lovely warm North Sea breeze. :D

Luckily there will be 15 of us, so much fun and beer will be had to keep us warm!

Anyone else?

Rob
Indeed, I'll be off in the van in Kent visiting family, hopefully towing with the Sport, but fingers crossed. Only the family going I'm afraid:getmecoat: But minus one, so his bunk is the new beer space:drunk:

bigrob73
9th March 2011, 21:42
We cant wait for our first camp of the year! However, I think you are cheating by going in your van....

Where is the joy if you are not shivering in the middleof the night, wondering if the tent will stay in one piece and considering how long you can wait until you have to make the beer induced early hour 1/2 mile dash to the toilet block???

Eljay55
9th March 2011, 21:49
Indeed we will be off with our caravan. Going to Oham lakes in Lincolnshire for a week of chilling and fishing:):).
Looking forward to our first trip of the year and seeing some of our very good friends.

Oham lakes has just 6 pitches and is a very friendly little site. Dave and Ann and the boys will do anything they can for you. Nice little cafe and tackle shop on site too.

Graham

damienp
9th March 2011, 22:36
You've all inspired me. I'd forgotten it was nearly camping season again. We usually go to havenhouse farm at wainfleet as it's a small place, but with plenty of shelter from the elements. Hmmmmmmmm. I might just have to remind the wife in the morning, but if we go, i'll be checking the weather forecast a few days before though.

sikelsh
10th March 2011, 06:15
Hoping to get away at easter, but Im going this weekend in the caravan, first trip with it in over a year :D and first time connected to the 75

Just off to a campsite near Boston for 3 nights, hope the trip rating is fairly high so the oil filled radiator can do its work:D

gefary
10th March 2011, 09:03
Easter this year is near the middle of summer, well end of April.
This brave one will be off in a couple of weeks to a farm site in Weymouth.
Electric hook up, blown air heating if the weather is a bit cool.
Fridge for cold drinks and an oven for Sunday roast.
That's real camping
Nothing like getting back to nature

bigrob73
10th March 2011, 09:21
Easter this year is near the middle of summer, well end of April.
This brave one will be off in a couple of weeks to a farm site in Weymouth.
Electric hook up, blown air heating if the weather is a bit cool.
Fridge for cold drinks and an oven for Sunday roast.
That's real camping
Nothing like getting back to nature

Hats off to you! :bowdown:

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
10th March 2011, 16:23
We cant wait for our first camp of the year! However, I think you are cheating by going in your van....

Where is the joy if you are not shivering in the middleof the night, wondering if the tent will stay in one piece and considering how long you can wait until you have to make the beer induced early hour 1/2 mile dash to the toilet block???
Hey, I have to worry about things too! Such as whether or not the sat dish will pick up BBC1, and don't get me started on the air-con!:getmecoat: Though this time I'm off to a 5 pitch CL, hook-up only, so relative slumming it for me:panic:

bigrob73
10th March 2011, 17:52
Hey, I have to worry about things too! Such as whether or not the sat dish will pick up BBC1, and don't get me started on the air-con!:getmecoat: Though this time I'm off to a 5 pitch CL, hook-up only, so relative slumming it for me:panic:

No no please stop. My heart bleeds too much..... Hehehe

colintf
10th March 2011, 18:46
brave it at Easter ????? You want to try camping in snowy January ;)

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
10th March 2011, 18:49
I can't help it, I'm distraught at not having homely luxurys, I can't function without them:target: You don't know what I have to live with, I'll have to fill up my own aquaroll:eek: It's sad really:getmecoat:;)

sikelsh
10th March 2011, 19:54
Try 3 days pike fishing in November snow on the river trent in a single skin bivvy and no toilet for miles :) and, not catching a single pike hehe

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
10th March 2011, 19:56
I'm only pulling your leg, I know I'm spoilt for luxurys in the van;)

bigrob73
10th March 2011, 20:06
brave it at Easter ????? You want to try camping in snowy January ;)

No chance! My ear is getting bent enough from my wife about April!!!

....and your right. April is not brave at all but it was good to get everyone talking and looking forward to the new season.

HAPPY CAMPING EVERYONE :D

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
10th March 2011, 20:07
No chance! My ear is getting bent enough from my wife about April!!!

....and your right. April is not brave at all but it was good to get everyone talking and looking forward to the new season.

HAPPY CARAVANING EVERYONE :D
:getmecoat:

para999
19th March 2011, 23:20

Anyone else?

Rob

In a tent....no! Spent years at race circuits in all weathers in tents....now have centrally heated caravan with mod cons like sat tv...

Will be out with the caravan (working) at Brands Hatch for the 1st BritishSuperbike round at Easter as always - whether its in late April/summer, or March with snow! Will be lots of fun with food and a little boooze...hic! :D

Alan.F
29th March 2011, 08:41
I am off to do my Race Marshalling on the Sunny Island of Angelsey and my tent will be the passenger seat of my 75

sikelsh
29th March 2011, 10:56
Booked here for a few nights over Easter > http://www.forestpark.co.uk/ near Cromer.

Us in the Tourer and some friends and their kids are under canvas, we will think of them while the Delonghi oil filled radiator is doing the business.:D

bigrob73
29th March 2011, 12:31
Booked here for a few nights over Easter > http://www.forestpark.co.uk/ near Cromer.

Us in the Tourer and some friends and their kids are under canvas, we will think of them while the Delonghi oil filled radiator is doing the business.:D

We are just the other side of Cromer at Manor Farm. Lets hope the weather is good for both of us!
I would say I might see you on the roads, but our intention is to get on site, put our feet up and stay on site!!!!

Enjoy.....

sikelsh
29th March 2011, 12:46
Indeed, lets hope the weather plays nice, cant wait :D

Sticking by the Tent and putting your feet up sounds like a great plan :} as I reckon its going to be fairly full in the area, we have struggled to find somewhere to pitch up, so anyone looking on and planning a trip away should get that booking made.

Ill give you a nod should we pass each other.

Simon

bigrob73
29th March 2011, 14:17
We tried adding a 5th tent to our group about 4 weeks ago and was told they were already full! Either that or they didnt want us taking over the place.........

Rob

bigrob73
29th March 2011, 14:25

Simon

I will keep my eyes peeled for a shiny blue 75

stonflo
30th March 2011, 20:05
Camping and caravaning on a bank holiday never.:D

ssizefive
4th April 2011, 21:17
My son & i are going to Ripley near Harrogate for our first camping trip of the year - i have just bought a trailer as i didnt want to spoil the back seats in this car when putting the 'kitchen sink' on it!
I dont mind the cold but i hope it isn't too windy when i'm putting the tent up.

Steve

bigrob73
5th April 2011, 18:46
the cold but i hope it isn't too windy when i'm putting the tent up.

There is nothing worse than a wet or windy set up. It seems to take so much longer too because you send all you time trying to get everything dry or from flying off around the site.

Everything is crossed for us all to have an easy day to start us off this easter. :cool:

actros
6th April 2011, 12:48
Indeed, lets hope the weather plays nice, cant wait :D

Sticking by the Tent and putting your feet up sounds like a great plan :} as I reckon its going to be fairly full in the area, we have struggled to find somewhere to pitch up, so anyone looking on and planning a trip away should get that booking made.

SimonWell i am going to the top side of Driffield with the A.A.O.C.C. They are great meets away at the weekends plenty of fun and at night with the other caravaners and :beer2::beer2::beer2:

gefary
6th April 2011, 15:15
Well I'm not going camping for Easter.

I don't know if my caravan is or not .

Cos it got stolen from storage on Monday night.

1999 Abbey Domino.

bigrob73
6th April 2011, 19:13
Well I'm not going camping for Easter.

I don't know if my caravan is or not .

Cos it got stolen from storage on Monday night.

1999 Abbey Domino.

That sucks!! Really sorry to hear that.

Is it all covered?

gefary
7th April 2011, 08:17
It is insured .
But it had everything in it, ready to go.
Including a twin tub washing machine.
Isobella awning 2 years old, bedding, etc etc.

Can't see any insurance company giving me back what it was worth to me.
First job is two find two caravans the same or similar to compare the price the market think it's worth.
Is there any really expensive second hand caravan dealers around ?

92 squadron
7th April 2011, 14:46
It is insured .
But it had everything in it, ready to go.
Including a twin tub washing machine.
Isobella awning 2 years old, bedding, etc etc.

Can't see any insurance company giving me back what it was worth to me.
First job is two find two caravans the same or similar to compare the price the market think it's worth.
Is there any really expensive second hand caravan dealers around ?

One here for comparison
http://www.sellingacaravan.co.uk/display_listing/986/1999_ABBEY_Domino.html

gefary
7th April 2011, 15:41
Thanks for that, I now have two adverts,
but if anyone else has any more adverts for a

1999 Abbey Domino

please let me know

Gate Keeper
7th April 2011, 19:13
We will go walking on the mountain and pop down to the beach 20 minutes away for some surfing - not too far out :}

navrac
9th April 2011, 21:07
I'm off to Anglesea - being paid for 5 days to work for a total of 2 hours, 1 hour on the first day and 1 hour on the last day. So I'm leaving the family behind and going with a friend and spending the days fishing and the nights drinking.

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
12th April 2011, 17:53
I'm off to Anglesea - being paid for 5 days to work for a total of 2 hours, 1 hour on the first day and 1 hour on the last day. So I'm leaving the family behind and going with a friend and spending the days fishing and the nights drinking.

Whereabouts on Anglesey are you heading, I ask as I live in Menai Bridge:D It really is a beautiful place, and I can thoroughly recommend the Taste of India in Menai Bridge for a good take out and they serve my favourite tipple, Cobra beer:bowdown: If you fancy some beach views, Cable bay in Aberffraw is stunning, and historically important (the first place to transmit telegrams to Ireland) and the road along the way, the A4080 is great fun;) Stay away from Holyhead, it's a bit of a dump, so just keep away from that. Then the famous place with the long name, yep, nice town, but a little overrated. I say that only as I live 2 mins away and it's always the first thing people ask me about:getmecoat: Enjoy yourself sir:cool:

sikelsh
12th April 2011, 18:10
If anyone fancies a drive to France over the May Day break, these seem like quite a good bargain.

http://2009.eurocamp.co.uk/bookonline/searchResults.cfm?CFID=46071898&CFTOKEN=89691457

I followed the booking through for the Paris one driving from Calais for a couple of nights stay and including the crossing came to about Ģ110

Good for anyone who fancies a mini road trip

Simon

sikelsh
20th April 2011, 06:57
Well its looking good for all us Easter Campers, weather on the whole looks excellent.

I have just washed and waxed the car and caravan, so I have probably just put the mockers on the weather now.

Looking forward to getting out there :) and the 11 days of work :D

Simon

Roverowner
20th April 2011, 09:10
Hope you have a really nice time. Might get the Vogue out of the shed if the weather is nice and have a couple of nights in the back garden, just to get the feel of it. My son and I were over in Montrose to collect it in 2002 and still havenīt spent a night in it.... about time:)

bigrob73
20th April 2011, 11:31
Well its looking good for all us Easter Campers, weather on the whole looks excellent.

I have just washed and waxed the car and caravan, so I have probably just put the mockers on the weather now.

Looking forward to getting out there :) and the 11 days of work :D

Simon

Well I also polished the car yesterday and we are getting all the camping gear ready today.
So its off to sunny Cromer tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone this weekend, it is looking like it could be the best we have had for a few years.

sikelsh
20th April 2011, 12:34
Very jealous, I cant get away till Friday morning, but at least I will have the joy of holding traffic up on the A17/A47 I do enjoy that hehe.

bigrob73
20th April 2011, 20:09
Very jealous, I cant get away till Friday morning, but at least I will have the joy of holding traffic up on the A17/A47 I do enjoy that hehe.

Sorry for you....

Although I need some sympathy too! Its going to take me at least 30 minutes to get there........ We are leaving home at about 1pm and its going to be almost 2.30 before we are all set up!!! :getmecoat:

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
21st April 2011, 10:51
I'm already on holiday in kent, on a lovely caravan site typing from my mobile wi-fi hotspot built in to the van. I've got the air-con set to 17.5 degrees, and theres a sausage roll in the mircowave, tonight is BBQ time, and I can't wait. First time out towing in the Sport, what a stunner! But then, with 480bhp on tap, it should be. Our old D3 was only 300 odd.:getmecoat:

Roverowner
21st April 2011, 15:16
Oh the hardships of camping life;)

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
21st April 2011, 18:47
:eek: I've broken the BBQ point!!!!!! Plugged the thing it and with a light snap, off comes the end! Cooking on one of those disposable jobbies ATM. Will call the dealer tomorrow, get one ordered in under warrenty and fit on the way home. Well I didn't think everything was going to work:getmecoat:

sikelsh
21st April 2011, 21:20
Oh the hardships of camping life;)

Indeed, I have packed, My ipod, kindle, blackberry, laptop with 3G dongle and plenty of red vino and john smiths:D

bigrob73
22nd April 2011, 09:06
The sun, family, friends, beer and relaxation.......... Life is sorted

Roverowner
22nd April 2011, 09:15
Have a good weekend and get some pics up afterwards. The suns out here as well and itīs about 16-17 C (plus:D) so Iīm going to clean up the set of Gridspokes Iīve come across. Not a mark on them apart from a bit of dirt. Going to clean up some Land Rover rims ready for some new tyres aswell.

CoOkIeMoNsTeR
22nd April 2011, 09:21
I've called the dealer and theres a new BBQ point waiting for me on my way home:getmecoat: I just hope I don't break anything else!!!! Oh, and sikelsh, that sounds pretty much like what I've put in the van, minus the blackberry, I'm a flash *** with an iphone. My new coolbox can take 50 cans of John Smiths:eek: I'll be emptying it tonight:drunk:

bigrob73
23rd April 2011, 11:59
The sun, family, friends, beer and relaxation.......... Life is sorted

Same again today........... Darn it!!!!!

sikelsh
24th April 2011, 14:31
Sun isn't playing today in cromer :( infact it quite chilly but hey better than work

Roverowner
24th April 2011, 15:25
Suns been blasting all day (20C) had a great time out in the garden:D

bigrob73
27th April 2011, 20:54
Wow, what a weekend. I hope everyone had a good time wherever you spent your weekend...... We spent 4 days truly relaxed and enjoying ourselves.
There was 14 of us in 4 tents and the site gave us a corner to ourselves so we made the most of it!

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/bigrob7374/CarandTent3.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/bigrob7374/CarandTent2.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/bigrob7374/CarandTent1.jpg