PDA

View Full Version : iGo Primo 1.2

Teflon
11th March 2011, 14:27
Anyone here (other than Tony Fry) using the latest version of Primo on their double din? and if so, does TMC work for you?

At the national meet at Calne, Tony F was kind enough to give me the latest version of Primo. It's a big improvement, but I can't get TMC to work - it scans for stations, but doesn't seem to find any, and tells me there are no incidents.

The card I have is a copy of the setup which Tony uses on his head unit, and TMC works fine for him. This seems to point to a hardware issue, however, with iGo 8 (on the same SD card), TMC works fine, so this seems to point to a software issue. :shrug:

I've spoken with Tony (via PM) and he is as stumped as me (actually, that's a lie - he knows a lot more than me, but just can't solve this issue :}) so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!

Cheers,

Cliff

Clickernick
19th March 2011, 19:29
Hi Cliff,

Yeah, i have the same issue as you using Primo 1.2! I was showing the DD set off today to a local forum member and after I explained it had TMC, i proceded to look for info on my locale and nothing, just scanning constantly and the usual station, Classic FM 100.6 for TMC reception was duly skipped!??

I was wondering if my splitter had come apart, but now it seems you and I have the carbon copy symptom!

Will play around some more to see what all the hocus pocus is about :(

Teflon
20th March 2011, 15:43
Oh well, at least it's not just me! It's all very odd, as iGo 8 finds TMC data no problem at all.

MarkUK kindly gave me access to his Primo 1.2 files to install, but I still have the same issue. :shrug: Mark hasn't tried it himself yet, but has promised to let me know if it works for him.

Cheers,

Cliff

MARKUK
20th March 2011, 16:02
OK,

Have been out to the car and tried my version of Primo 1.2...

Just sat on my drive Primo doesn't pick up any stations or events, however, Igo 8 picked up Halam FM TMC within a few seconds...

Must be something wrong somewhere, maybe the system file ?..

Will try it again when I go into the office in Warrington on Tuesday, that way, it will get a hour or so to see what happens...

Strange thing on my Igo is that it always starts with about 47 minutes on the logging screen instead of zero...just looking at the files now to see if there is something amiss

Teflon
20th March 2011, 16:47
Cheers Mark. That is exactly what I get on mine - doesn't matter how long its left, it never finds any TMC. :shrug:

Cliff

HarryM1BYT
27th March 2011, 12:39
Has this been resolved yet please?

Teflon
27th March 2011, 12:52
Not as far as I am aware.:(

Have you tried Primo 1.2 yourself yet? I much prefer it to iGo, but really miss TMC.

Cliff

MARKUK
27th March 2011, 12:59
Do you have the other version of Primo ?..

That one DID work with TMC

HarryM1BYT
27th March 2011, 13:00
I've got it and was about to install it when this TMC problem was mentioned, so I held back.

HarryM1BYT
27th March 2011, 13:06

I have the older version. I have both the older version of Primo and IGo on one card, with that boot menu system. The boot menu system where I persueded the author to modify it - so it would boot to a preset default, if no buttons were pressed within a time limit.

MARKUK
27th March 2011, 13:11
TBH I prefer Igo to Primo for some things and Primo to Igo on others !..

Mine is set so I have to press to start so, as I find that better in case of issues !

Teflon
27th March 2011, 14:30

No, I only have the latest version. Is the old one any good, and if so, any chance of a link?

Cheers,

Cliff

MARKUK
27th March 2011, 14:51
Cliff,

will need to find the right version, make sure it's working on my car and then I will put into the Dropbox for you..

Leave it with me...

Teflon
27th March 2011, 15:34
Thanks Mark - much appreciated,

Cliff

norbury brook
31st March 2011, 11:41
I've just loaded primo 1.2 and like the interface and way it all works. I have the same TMC issue though and the start of quite a few voice commands is clipped too.

Any more updates on these issues?

MC

HarryM1BYT
31st March 2011, 15:46
Mine is set so I have to press to start so, as I find that better in case of issues !

Which is exactly where the revised boot menu comes in....

You can set the boot.ini to wait for a few seconds (your choice of how many) and if no button is pressed it loads which ever is your default system. If you want to make a choice, you press a button before it times out.

I have it set up to allow me to boot IGo, Primo, or straight into the WinCE OS, with IGo as the default one. Which means I can fire up the satnav whilst driving, without being distracted by trying to press virtual buttons on the screen, yet when I want to boot into something else I still can.

HarryM1BYT
2nd April 2011, 12:37
An hour or two spare to play, so I thought I would try extracting Primo 1.2 from its zip onto my micro SD card. The zip file reports as being corrupted...

Could someone put a copy in Dropbox (or other means) and provide a link for me to try again please?

MARKUK
2nd April 2011, 12:56
Harry, have sent you a link to the folder in my Dropbox..

HarryM1BYT
2nd April 2011, 13:36
Thanks, got it and downloading now.

HarryM1BYT
2nd April 2011, 15:12
Downloaded, installed and working - but no TMC reception. I couldn't find any means to set the TMC up. It does seem faster and more responsive though.

MARKUK
2nd April 2011, 15:25
Yeah,

This an issue that everyone it seems apart from Tony Fry has reported !...

I need to find which version of Primo on my Hard Drive works and post that up...

baconbuttyman
2nd April 2011, 16:54
My Primo wont pick up tmc, am now going to try the older primo...

just tried my other primo, doesnt seem to have a TMC option

HarryM1BYT
2nd April 2011, 17:48
My Primo wont pick up tmc, am now going to try the older primo...

just tried my other primo, doesnt seem to have a TMC option

I'm still looking for the exit button, so I can boot it into something else???

MARKUK
2nd April 2011, 20:45
Theres a red power type icon on the main screen

HarryM1BYT
3rd April 2011, 19:39
Theres a red power type icon on the main screen

Thanks for that Mark - I saw the red power button in the pdf instructions, but I'm stumped for how to get back to the main screen to actually press it. My work around at the moment, is to set my destination as my home address, drive round the block and then Primo 1.2 realises I've destinated and shuts itself down - thus allowing me to boot up into something else.

I'm also looking for a quick way to change the screen from looking at the satnav, to looking at the usual radio (ICE) screen to enable me to change radio channels.

The TMC now seems to be working in Primo 1.2, or at least it is showing it is receiving Classic FM. I've not yet worked out how to look at any hold ups on the route.

MARKUK
3rd April 2011, 19:41
That's in the settings menu Harry...

Am sure you will find it !

Teflon
3rd April 2011, 20:00
Hi mark,

Thanks for sending the older version of Primo to try. Just one thing though: when it starts up, the display is way too big for the screen. :shrug: I had a look at Sys.txt, and the resolution is set at 800 x 480, which I think is correct, so I'm a bit puzzled. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Cliff

HarryM1BYT
3rd April 2011, 20:14
That's in the settings menu Harry...

Am sure you will find it !

I remember a time when buttons were actual physical buttons you could just press :D

MARKUK
3rd April 2011, 20:25
Mmmmm not sure !

I haven't tried that version in mine, I need to pick up a new memory card as every time I seem to muck about with mine Igo plays up afterwards !

Have a look at the 1.2 sys file and see what differences there are...

Teflon
4th April 2011, 20:07
Thanks Mark - a little project for me to while away the hours perhaps. :D

I did compare the sys.txt file from the different versions, and they look very different. I think as a starter, ill just try using the sys.txt from primo 1.2 and see what happens. Should be as good a starting point as any.

Cheers,

Cliff

tony_fry
7th April 2011, 09:34
Hi Cliff

I have now sorted out the problem with the TMC on Primo 1.2, it was missing a license for the TMC, I have now uploaded to Dropbox, along with the latest maps.

I only found that the file was missing when I installed a head unit on Tuesday and went through the setup and found that no TMC was working!!!

Ajd1
7th April 2011, 10:32
Would it be possible for me to get the license for tmc as well please as mines not working either.

Are the maps later than the ones that came with the last units?

Thanks

Andy

tony_fry
7th April 2011, 12:38
Would it be possible for me to get the license for tmc as well please as mines not working either.

Are the maps later than the ones that came with the last units?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

I have sent you the files via DropBox.

The maps are the latest ones, the ones that were originally supplied were Quarter 3 these ones are quarter 4 (latest one).

MARKUK
7th April 2011, 13:12
Tony,

Can you send me the link also please, then I can update my Primo files also

Thanks

Teflon
7th April 2011, 14:11
Hi Cliff

I have now sorted out the problem with the TMC on Primo 1.2, it was missing a license for the TMC, I have now uploaded to Dropbox, along with the latest maps.

I only found that the file was missing when I installed a head unit on Tuesday and went through the setup and found that no TMC was working!!!

Woo hoo!! Thanks Tony, I was beginning to think it was me. Can you send me a link to Drop Box (if you haven't already).

Cheers,

Cliff

MARKUK
7th April 2011, 14:12
By the way Tony, will the maps work with Igo ?..

Might be an idea to do an updated version also !

tony_fry
7th April 2011, 15:09
By the way Tony, will the maps work with Igo ?..

Might be an idea to do an updated version also !

The new quarter 4 2010 maps will work in IGO, Primo and Amigo.

Ajd1
7th April 2011, 15:11
Hi Andy

I have sent you the files via DropBox.

The maps are the latest ones, the ones that were originally supplied were Quarter 3 these ones are quarter 4 (latest one).

Thanks very much Tony, don't know what we'd do without you sometimes.

Andy

HarryM1BYT
7th April 2011, 15:15
Me too please!

tony_fry
7th April 2011, 15:36
Me too please!

OK OK, link sent Harry :}

HarryM1BYT
7th April 2011, 15:48
OK OK, link sent Harry :}

Received Tony - thanks...

steve811
7th April 2011, 17:07
Could I have a link too please Tony!:bowdown:

MARKUK
7th April 2011, 17:08
Send me a PM with your email and I can add you now ;o)

Ajd1
7th April 2011, 18:11
Thanks, it's working very well now.

It seems to like Lincs FM most not sure if thats right but it showed plenty of activity.

So pleased as I prefer Primo over igo now.

Andy

HarryM1BYT
7th April 2011, 19:39
Do the user POI's still belong in the usual folder for Primo, I cannot seem to find them when running Primo 1.2?

madone
7th April 2011, 20:24
Hi Tony
Can you send me the upgrade also as I may get my DD back fully working one day this year :(

MARKUK
7th April 2011, 22:03
Graham / Tony

Have sent the link for you..

Scouse1958
7th April 2011, 22:33
Hi may i have the upgrade link as well please :)

MARKUK
7th April 2011, 22:41
Paul,

On it's way

madone
8th April 2011, 04:51
Cheers Mark

tony_fry
8th April 2011, 06:15
Hi may i have the upgrade link as well please :)

Hi Paul

I don't have your email address to sent the link to, PM me and I will sent it, if mark has not already sent it to you.

tony_fry
8th April 2011, 11:38
Update to this posting:-

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=82218