PDA

View Full Version : Igo 8 & Primo Not full Postcode & other DD observations

vindaloo
13th March 2011, 19:05
Just fitted my Sean DD today, not had much time to test everything out yet but was suprised to find that IGO8 & Primo 1.2 both don't have full postcode searches because I'm sure someone posted on here a while ago that they had full postcode search.

Also despite what has been recently written I have so far found radio reception to be fairly poor with it finding less than half the stations found by my previous HU which was a very inexpensive Sony. I'm in a good reception area but can't get listenable reception on Classic Radio which has loads of background interference.

Didn't have any trouble with the steering controls, just plugged all my existing connections into Sean's new loom and everything worked. I'm fairly lucky I guess as all my original wiring was intact & hadn't been butchered.

Would love to apply some new skins but haven't a clue how to do it, the supplied GUI looks like it was knocked up as a DIY project.

Build quality of the unit and the look of it in the car is excellent.

Teflon
13th March 2011, 19:52
Both iGo 8 and Primo 1.2 should have full post code search. A daft question, but are you putting the space in the post code?

Both work fine on my DD, apart from Primo not finding a TMC signal for some reason.

Cliff

vindaloo
13th March 2011, 19:57
Both iGo 8 and Primo 1.2 should have full post code search. A daft question, but are you putting the space in the post code?

Both work fine on my DD, apart from Primo not finding a TMC signal for some reason.

Cliff

Hi Cliff
Yes I am putting the space in, should I be?
e.g. say I was inputting M25 2SU, I get M25 2 and then everything is blanked out so I can't enter the last 2 letters.
Jim

Teflon
14th March 2011, 07:26
Yes, you should be putting in the spaces.

Does your map screen show the areas covered by the post codes you are trying to enter? I only ask as I had what sounds like a similar issue with my unit when first delivered last year. It transpired that large parts of the UK where missing from the maps (hence it couldn't find the relevant post codes). :shrug:

I dropped Sean a line, and he sent me a link from which I could download the UK maps from. Once installed, everything worked fine.

Mr Edd
14th March 2011, 18:03
I have to say I am having the same issue which really ticks me off.

Start to put the post code in and half the keyboard disappears. I have to cancel it and do the full address thing. then it works okay.

I thought the disappearing keys on the keyboard was a "Feature" but couldn't figure out why they would put that in. Of what Earthly use it that??? :shrug:

Edd

HarryM1BYT
14th March 2011, 20:00
I have to say I am having the same issue which really ticks me off.

Start to put the post code in and half the keyboard disappears. I have to cancel it and do the full address thing. then it works okay.

I thought the disappearing keys on the keyboard was a "Feature" but couldn't figure out why they would put that in. Of what Earthly use it that??? :shrug:

Edd

It limits you to spellings which match what it has in its list of possibilities.

Mr Edd
15th March 2011, 07:26
It limits you to spellings which match what it has in its list of possibilities.

Can it be turned off?

It's a bit like when Microsoft started up and their mantra was "Make them speak English" Well... Their version anyway. :(

Edd

Teflon
15th March 2011, 14:05
Can it be turned off......

Edd

Don't think so. There wouldn't be any point anyway, becaus if the postcode isn't in iGo's list, it wouldn't find it even if you could enter it. If the software wont alow you to enter full UK postcodes, there is something amiss - probably with your map files.

Cliff

HarryM1BYT
15th March 2011, 15:03
Don't think so. There wouldn't be any point anyway, becaus if the postcode isn't in iGo's list, it wouldn't find it even if you could enter it. If the software wont alow you to enter full UK postcodes, there is something amiss - probably with your map files.

Cliff

Exactly what he said :wot:

Mr Edd
16th March 2011, 18:11

Cliff

Sorry as I said it works perfectly okay when I type the full address. so all the maps must be there. :D I just don't understand why half the keyboard disappears when you start to type the first letters of a post code. :confused: A Bit Nanny state-ish... you can have any post code you like as long as it's black. :shrug:

Edd

britscim69
16th March 2011, 19:04
I'm considering one of the Sean DD units for my ZTT, but will be fitting it myself, and well...luck isnt always on my side when it comes to gadget set ups... like, please dont get me started on the Apple TV easy Jailbreak...

So, real world comments please, on is it as easy as stated to plug and play fit?:D

MARKUK
16th March 2011, 19:11
Lol !

Its not that bad with a bit if planning and time !

Apple TV Jailvreak sounds "fun", iPad and iPhone are pretty straight forward !

HarryM1BYT
16th March 2011, 19:45
I'm considering one of the Sean DD units for my ZTT, but will be fitting it myself, and well...luck isnt always on my side when it comes to gadget set ups... like, please dont get me started on the Apple TV easy Jailbreak...

So, real world comments please, on is it as easy as stated to plug and play fit?:D

I think we have all had some issues, but eventually we overcame them all. I don't think anyone has had much trouble getting the basics working within a few minutes.

The main problem is with the very confusing mass of information on this site.

The problems seem to have been mainly poor radio reception, poor TMC reception, problems getting the steering wheel buttons to work, poor TV reception. I have also had a problem getting my HK amp and subs back into operation - but I have now resolved all of the problems.

I think what is probably needed now is for someone to do a definitive write up to cover all of the problems, including plenty of photos and make it a sticky.

vindaloo
16th March 2011, 19:59
I now seem to be able to enter full post codes on both Igo8 and Primo 1.2 & I don't know what I did differently.

Is it supposed to reload the Nav programme each time I turn on the ignition?

Also when the 'Nav' voice is making an announcement it doesn't seem to lower the music volume on the Radio or other source as much as I'd like, anyway of adjusting this?

Finally (for now) how do I change the start up logo from MG to Rover?

Mr Edd
17th March 2011, 07:27
I now seem to be able to enter full post codes on both Igo8 and Primo 1.2 & I don't know what I did differently.

Is it supposed to reload the Nav programme each time I turn on the ignition?

Also when the 'Nav' voice is making an announcement it doesn't seem to lower the music volume on the Radio or other source as much as I'd like, anyway of adjusting this?

Finally (for now) how do I change the start up logo from MG to Rover?

I have downloaded Tony's new version of Primo but not got round to installing yet.

Now reading your post it seems to be that some of the issues have been fixed?

So now you can type in the full post code without parts of the keyboard blanking out?

The radio sound no longer drops out for half an hour (slight exaggeration :}) when the SatNav voice pipes up? This I would love as I have to switch the satnav sound off completely because it shuts all other sound off when it cuts in. Very irritating imho.

Does the software run immediately when ignition is turned on? I usually have to wait about a minute before I get the SatNav screen. Which I guess is understandable if the software has to be started up.

Edd

vindaloo
17th March 2011, 10:00
So now you can type in the full post code without parts of the keyboard blanking out?

The radio sound no longer drops out for half an hour (slight exaggeration :}) when the SatNav voice pipes up? This I would love as I have to switch the satnav sound off completely because it shuts all other sound off when it cuts in. Very irritating imho.

Does the software run immediately when ignition is turned on? I usually have to wait about a minute before I get the SatNav screen. Which I guess is understandable if the software has to be started up.

Edd

Yes you can

The radio sound now stays on albeit a little louder than I'd like

Probably about the same as mine

Clickernick
17th March 2011, 10:43
I beleive what you should get is the sound to the front speakers only lowers in volume to allow the sat nav voice out at driver level. The rear speakers stay at the set volume, and also if you get a copy of Tony Frys latest Primo 1.2 the postcode thing is solved.

This is how mine works, :D