PDA

View Full Version : Drivers cup holder!

The_Monk
18th November 2006, 11:44
Just seen one on ebay but its got the walnut burr fascia. Does anyone know if you can take it off and replace it with the blanking plate in the car? Mine is grey?! (Don't know what the proper name would be, sorry). I have emailed the seller to ask, but just incase he doesnt know do any of you guys?

Rimmer Bros do this part for £30 but no indication of colour. If they are trim specific where can I found part numbers?

Thanks

Dave

7t5
18th November 2006, 12:38
hi
yes you can is the simple answer;) if you need a dark burr cover i have a spare one in the garage foc

The_Monk
18th November 2006, 12:41
hi
yes you can is the simple answer;) if you need a dark burr cover i have a spare one in the garage foc

My trim is grey, but thanks! So long as the blanking fascia fits it i'm sorted!

eVoHicks
18th November 2006, 22:24
Hi, just to remind people here........ don't take your 'friendly' ebay guy's word for it, when looking for a drivers cup holder, they are still in plentiful supply from most ex rover dealers, etc etc. They are not 'rare' they can still be bought for around 30 quid. I am sick of people trying to make a killing selling supposedly 'rare' Rover parts!
Andy

JP53
19th November 2006, 17:10
My trim is grey, but thanks! So long as the blanking fascia fits it i'm sorted!

I've had them fitted to 2 Rover 75's with Walnut trim, a ZT with grey trim and my current 75 with Black Ash trim. Each time I've ordered one I've just told hem the colour or type of trim. If you do order one ask for a cup holder for a left hand drive car it saves having to send it back when they order the normal one by mistake. They are about as rare as water in the sea :D

Simon
19th November 2006, 17:11
Hi, just to remind people here........ don't take your 'friendly' ebay guy's word for it, when looking for a drivers cup holder, they are still in plentiful supply from most ex rover dealers, etc etc. They are not 'rare' they can still be bought for around 30 quid. I am sick of people trying to make a killing selling supposedly 'rare' Rover parts!
Andy

Wot :iagree:

The_Monk
21st November 2006, 11:05
Well my super rare cup holder came this morning! (Not from ebay, but from Rimmer Bros!) Came in the Walnutt Burr but I was able to change the fascias and thought I'd share a picture or two!

baxlin
21st November 2006, 12:55
Is OK when gear lever in 5th? On mine it looks as if it would foul.

Thanks

Malcolm

The_Monk
21st November 2006, 13:19
Its fine, just misses when actually in 5th. Bit like when you in first and open the passenger cup holder.

Ti Rich
5th December 2006, 17:13
Well my super rare cup holder came this morning! (Not from ebay, but from Rimmer Bros!) Came in the Walnutt Burr but I was able to change the fascias and thought I'd share a picture or two!

Can you tell me how to change the facia plate. Mine has arrived today but it's got a wood finish and I need a grey finish. I assume i reuse the blanking plate but can't see how to change it!

Anyone?

GreyGhost
5th December 2006, 17:27
Can you tell me how to change the facia plate. Mine has arrived today but it's got a wood finish and I need a grey finish. I assume i reuse the blanking plate but can't see how to change it!

Anyone?

Excuse the crude sketch, squeeze the pointy bits toward the centre and they will inclip from the carrier.

Ti Rich
5th December 2006, 17:35
Thank You!

I'll have another look later!

Ti Rich
14th December 2006, 14:45
All fitted, took 10 mins max.

Thanks for everyones help.

Zeb
14th December 2006, 19:19
I remain at a loss as to the point of having a driver's side cup holder - other than the fact that one can - is it me?:confused:

Ti Rich
14th December 2006, 19:26
I remain at a loss as to the point of having a driver's side cup holder - other than the fact that one can - is it me?:confused:

Don't you and the wife drink coffee? ;)

Zeb
14th December 2006, 19:27
Don't you and the wife drink coffee? ;)

Not in the car...it might slop out and scald our fiddly bits as we whizz around the bends...

NOCTURNAL
14th December 2006, 19:39
Not in the car...it might slop out and scald our fiddly bits as we whizz around the bends...

Well I;m intending mounting the phone holder in the passenger one, so a drivers side one would be handy, as theres nowhere at all to stand a drink...
Its all very well saying 'never drink stuff in the car', but its not realistic...

BUT I think you hit the m ain reason on the head..."because we can":D

Nick.

Zeb
14th December 2006, 19:58
I think you hit the m ain reason on the head..."because we can":D

Nick.

Hmmmm....ok so...the same reasons dogs do what they do then.....:o

and no I would not dream of drinking in my car.......

Simon
14th December 2006, 21:06

I think the drivers cup holder would get in the way of my left leg when sitting in that typical blokey fashion.

Still... just because I can have a drivers cup holder, I think I will. ;)

The_Monk
15th December 2006, 12:32
I put mine in because the other side I put a phone bracket which fouls the passenger cup holder. Also its nice to know there is a point to that blanking plate!

CMPQS
15th December 2006, 12:42
Those of you that have fitted the MGR phone bracket. Do you want the Cupholder & Grey blanking plate you removed?

PM me cash waiting.

C.

The_Monk
15th December 2006, 12:46
Those of you that have fitted the MGR phone bracket. Do you want the Cupholder & Grey blanking plate you removed?

PM me cash waiting.

C.

Mines still fitted as I opted for a third party phone bracket. Sorry!

Chilljohn
15th December 2006, 18:15
there only a few pounds from a dealer if you get stuck