PDA

View Full Version : Installing Mark's arial mod today

baconbuttyman
18th March 2011, 08:48
Am going to install Mark's arial mod today, have run into interferance when placing a connector into the TMC feed but they were not powered.
So will fit it this afternoon.
will let you know how it goes.

baconbuttyman
18th March 2011, 15:48
well i installed the mod today, befor installation i had 0 reception on the TMC now it's around 95% signal strength, also it seems to have improved the radio reception also, there was no interferance this time when inserted into the TMC input on the stereo.

One thisn i did notice was on Marks install insructions the antenna inner core was fead into then left side wire, when i did this i got no TMC signal, so i took the connector block out of the amp and place it directly into the connector block, still no TMC signal, then i noticed the right side wire was maked live with a red line, so i placed the inner core into that one, then i got exellent TMC signal.

so now the stereo seems to be fully operational with TMC and the ipod connector is connected also, have yet to place ipod and try that but thats easy enough.

baconbuttyman
18th March 2011, 17:19
weyhey, now i have my ipod installed (not that i will ever use it :getmecoat:)
How does TMC actually interact with you via the stereo. where do you actually use it, on the satnav or radio, does GPS listening have to be turned on, in other words, how do you use it

MARKUK
18th March 2011, 17:29
well i installed the mod today, befor installation i had 0 reception on the TMC now it's around 95% signal strength, also it seems to have improved the radio reception also, there was no interferance this time when inserted into the TMC input on the stereo.

One thisn i did notice was on Marks install insructions the antenna inner core was fead into then left side wire, when i did this i got no TMC signal, so i took the connector block out of the amp and place it directly into the connector block, still no TMC signal, then i noticed the right side wire was maked live with a red line, so i placed the inner core into that one, then i got exellent TMC signal.

so now the stereo seems to be fully operational with TMC and the ipod connector is connected also, have yet to place ipod and try that but thats easy enough.

Good to hear BBMan... :D

baconbuttyman
22nd March 2011, 18:17
have to say, the reception is spot on all round, was a bit fuzzy before marks mod but all is well and am pleased with the final results

MARKUK
22nd March 2011, 18:25
Good stuff !!

Glad to be of help ! :D

MARKUK
25th March 2011, 15:39
Guys,

If anyone does want one of the TMC Mod Kits, I have ONE available..

I have had two orders this week so that leaves me with the one left..

Price is £35 Inc P&PCheers

HinckleyGraham
12th August 2011, 19:15
Hi Mark,been reading lots of threads re-radio reception and have posted in the forums to try and resolve this issue I have with the cr80 radio that's fitted in the car.I have tested for power at the amp in the rear d pillar which reads 11.9v,checked all connections,am reception ok it is just the fm.
My question is do you think your amp would possibly solve this reception issue.
Thanks Graham

MARKUK
12th August 2011, 20:37
Hiya,

The amp is really designed to sort the TMC issues out, I wouldn't like to say for sure it will help your radio signal, but I suspect not, as it will only amplify a poor signal...

HinckleyGraham
12th August 2011, 20:53
Hi,ok thanks for quick response.Back to the drawing board,maybe I should look at installing a separate aerial.