PDA

View Full Version : Its arrived!!

kevineds
23rd March 2011, 19:37
The double din arrived today :D can't wait to fit it now..
looking at the wiring diagram, just wondering what the small 3 pin socket is for (next to the fuse) - doesn't mention it in the instructions? :shrug:

tezzer
23rd March 2011, 19:51
which dd unit have you got? not sure about your question im sure someone will be along soon to answer it..

baconbuttyman
23rd March 2011, 20:10
my advise is take your time when fitting, test as you go

kevineds
23rd March 2011, 20:15
I'm expecting to go wrong somewhere lol, been trying to keep up with threads here to know what to expect

Ajd1
23rd March 2011, 20:15
Mine arrived this morning as well, thanks to Sean and Tony.

Wondered what that socket is for as well, wasn't on the old unit.

Can anyone tell me if there is a seperate aerial for the TMC or does it work off the radio aerial?

Thanks

Andy

baconbuttyman
23rd March 2011, 20:40
Mine arrived this morning as well, thanks to Sean and Tony.

Wondered what that socket is for as well, wasn't on the old unit.

Can anyone tell me if there is a seperate aerial for the TMC or does it work off the radio aerial?

Thanks

Andy
tmc works from the bendy aerial lead out of the rear of the stereo, there should be two in all, the radio socket and the tmc

1 bendy, one sunken into the stereo

Ajd1
23rd March 2011, 20:53
Sorry to be so dumb here but is the bendy one a new one or the one attached to the car?

Andy

HarryM1BYT
23rd March 2011, 20:56
Use your built in car antenna for the sunken socket, for the radio, then worry about feeding the TMC with an antenna later.

Ajd1
23rd March 2011, 21:01
Thanks for the replies, just had a look at the back of the unit and all becomes clear.

As you say I shall connect the radio antenna first and try and get things working.

Should there have been a TMC antenna in the box or do I have to supply one?

Thanks

Andy

MARKUK
23rd March 2011, 22:04
See what the other guys have done...you will probably need to either use a splitter or look at using my TMC Aerial Mod if you are having issues...

Ajd1
23rd March 2011, 22:35
Thanks guys, will fit it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Andy