PDA

View Full Version : New DD Radio reception cleared up??

baconbuttyman
24th March 2011, 09:01
The radio reception on the new DD was a lot better than the original DD i had, BUT was still crackley/fuzzy, When i installed Mark's mod to the TMC it improved the Radio reception too, which in theory shouldnt happen as far as i know, the two inputs aren't connected, how many of you have found this also.

MARKUK
24th March 2011, 14:10
It would be also interesting to know what your reception is like on the new DD if you are not using my mod..

As far as I am aware there are only 3 people who have the new DD and my mod, the rest of the people have the last DD version like me..

HarryM1BYT
24th March 2011, 16:57
The radio reception on the new DD was a lot better than the original DD i had, BUT was still crackley/fuzzy, When i installed Mark's mod to the TMC it improved the Radio reception too, which in theory shouldnt happen as far as i know, the two inputs aren't connected, how many of you have found this also.

My Aug/Sept batch DD proved to be worse when Mark's amp was connected at the orignal antenna, so I devised an alternative involving a separate antenna. Basically, I tested my reception on a weak signal and tried connecting and disconnecting the connection to the antenna in the rear window. I found a noticeable increase in noise when the connection was made

I suspect your improvement might in part have been due to your sorting out the ISO to DIN adaptor problems.