PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the clock

MartinW
18th November 2006, 13:24
I don't see a "how-to" relating to the dash facia removal, but I assume this is necessary to replace the clock, but apologies if it has been asked before. How does one remove the dash panel to replace th eclock, or can it be done by removing the radio and then reaching up?

Christopher
18th November 2006, 13:28
No, its attached to the fascia. Let me dig around and find a brief 'how to'.

Christopher
18th November 2006, 13:33
Starting from the far right corner (to right of steering wheel) just ease the fascia off with fingers in the gap, when you get to the join (by passenger airbag) you need to ease the bottom up first as it hooks under at the top edge. (Similarly putting it back - start by hooking it in at the top left corner.)

The clock is fitted to backside of the fascia and held in place by the screws retaining the two eyeball vents and the centre thumbwheel it can only be extracted from the rear. The Clock is mounted on studs so you have to remove both eyeball vents (ten little torx screws in total).

You also have to unhook the cable coming from the thumbwheel which disappears into the internals under the dash.

MartinW
18th November 2006, 13:44
Wow, thanks, Christopher, instant response! Ask Jeeves, except in this case...ask Christopher! Thanks again.

jim_mcglynn
18th November 2006, 15:21
Thanks chaps. Now sorted. The wire to the clock had come loose, so clock fully functional again.

Easier than I thought !