PDA

View Full Version : Sean DD lost ICE sound

HarryM1BYT
28th March 2011, 16:53
Not quite as bad as the title reads.....

If I run the Satnav software, all the sound from the radio/ SD card/ TV/ CD and etc.. stops. I seem to remember it used to continue playing what ever it was playing, but interupted ocaisionally by the satnav's verbal instructions.

What setting have I changed please?

Mr Edd
29th March 2011, 07:35
I have turned the sound off completely for the SatNav cos it frustrated me so much with the interrupts. I went down to London and back last week without any sound from it just by glancing at the screen.

To do this I went into the sound settings on the satnav. Touch the bottom right of the screen and another screen pops up with all sorts of settings. The ones with a yellow border are active. Touch the one with sound and it turns off satnav sound. There may well be another in there that you could have pressed by accident. :smilie_re:

HTH

Edd

baconbuttyman
29th March 2011, 08:41
I have turned the sound off completely for the SatNav cos it frustrated me so much with the interrupts. I went down to London and back last week without any sound from it just by glancing at the screen.

To do this I went into the sound settings on the satnav. Touch the bottom right of the screen and another screen pops up with all sorts of settings. The ones with a yellow border are active. Touch the one with sound and it turns off satnav sound. There may well be another in there that you could have pressed by accident. :smilie_re:

HTH

Edd

If it's the sound of the satnav breaking through the radio then the setting are thus, top right corner of radio screen you have the home button, click ther, then top left corner, a options button (looks like a cog), click there, the select the settings button, on the first screen there is a gps listening option, unclick this and thats it, no more annoying voice break through. doesnt disable the voice when you are on the satnav

HarryM1BYT
29th March 2011, 15:14
If it's the sound of the satnav breaking through the radio then the setting are thus, top right corner of radio screen you have the home button, click ther, then top left corner, a options button (looks like a cog), click there, the select the settings button, on the first screen there is a gps listening option, unclick this and thats it, no more annoying voice break through. doesnt disable the voice when you are on the satnav

Er, no - its the other way around, I have lost all of my other sound when the satnav is active. I basically got fed up with the barrage of noise from the camera warnings and tried to inhibit them - which I think caused me to loose all my other sounds.

Wish I knew how to work this thing properly :-)

MARKUK
29th March 2011, 15:57
Harry,

This is probably what you should have in your sys file...

[warning]
speedcam_enabled=1
speedcam_warning=1
speedcam_maxdistance_from_road=10

[sound]
suspend_time=0
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0

Hope this helps !...

Cheers

HarryM1BYT
29th March 2011, 16:37
Thanks Mark, I'll give that a go..

Mr Edd
29th March 2011, 20:01

Okay then I will try this tomorrow. I know that you can switch on and off various sounds like camera and at what point you want the warnings ect (100 metres 200 metres etc) But if you turn the volume of these down it still interrupted the radio or whatever sound source etc. without any sound at all.

I take it this option then allows the radio etc to keep going and the satnav just talks over it. Cool :cool:

That I don't mind as it was how my Tom Tom worked.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edd

picky747
29th March 2011, 21:52
It is the setting on the main system set up page that controls this.If you de-select GPS listen it will switch off the sound from the radio etc while the satnav is running.

HarryM1BYT
29th March 2011, 22:32
It is the setting on the main system set up page that controls this.If you de-select GPS listen it will switch off the sound from the radio etc while the satnav is running.

Thanks, that is the most likely explanation after I was messing about with the settings the other day. Some of the labels on the virtual buttons are quite cryptic as to there actual function.

HarryM1BYT
2nd April 2011, 14:02
Sorry, meant to reply to this earlier....

My ICE sound is now working normally when the satnav is in use. BaconButty was spot on - The setting was on, but after turning it off then back on my ICE sound returned. :}