PDA

View Full Version : Cardigan Classic Day 1st May 2011

Dragrad
29th March 2011, 21:28
Open for all cars to enter....

On Sunday 1st May 2011 10.30am - 4pm at Pwllhai, Cardigan, the Cardigan Chamber of Commerce are holding the first Cardigan Classic Day in celebration of the E-Type 50th Birthday.

All cars, bikes and tractors are welcome. Classic vehicles will be parked around Pwllhai and the Castle walls. Vehicles attending must be parked by 10.15am.

E-Types will be displayed in the Pwllhai area.

Booking is not essential but would be appreciated, so we can allocate spaces. Please e-mail or telephone by 15th April 2011 with your name, contact details and vehicle information......

E-mail : [email protected] or Tel: 01239 614466.

Vehicles will be left at owners' risk and must carry adequate insurance. No liability is accepted for loss or damage by the show organisers.

Cardigan Chamber would like to thank 4CG for the use of their land.

The best part............. IT'S FREEEEEE ;-)

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

starbug2
30th March 2011, 16:23
i like free but not sure about the fuel cost :getmecoat:

Dragrad
3rd April 2011, 23:36
i like free but not sure about the fuel cost :getmecoat:
It would be worth the trip ..... the day before, on the Saturday Cardigan hosts the annual Barley Saturday parade, which my father resurrected in 1961, (he is now the only living member of the original committee).

This is a parade of stallions around the town, which now incorporates vintage cars, bikes, tractors etc..

It was a tradition that the last of the barley had to be planted by this day, and the farmers would celebrate by showing off their best stallions in the town. Traditionally it was a slack period in the farming year and any farm worker who wanted to change their employer would stand on the Guildhall steps for prospective employers to "view".

This event is also FREE :D:D:D

So it's a weekend thing if you want a bank holiday short break ;)

starbug2
3rd April 2011, 23:52
It would be worth the trip ..... the day before, on the Saturday Cardigan hosts the annual Barley Saturday parade, which my father resurrected in 1961, (he is now the only living member of the original committee).

This is a parade of stallions around the town, which now incorporates vintage cars, bikes, tractors etc..

It was a tradition that the last of the barley had to be planted by this day, and the farmers would celebrate by showing off their best stallions in the town. Traditionally it was a slack period in the farming year and any farm worker who wanted to change their employer would stand on the Guildhall steps for prospective employers to "view".

So it's a weekend thing if you want a bank holiday short break ;)i'm sure your right , but money is getting very interesting right now and in normal times we would likely go as sounds good ....... i hope it goes well and the weather is good for it.

Dragrad
4th April 2011, 00:14
i'm sure your right , but money is getting very interesting right now and in normal times we would likely go as sounds good ....... i hope it goes well and the weather is good for it.

I know what you mean :( and thank you for the sentiment :} maybe next year :shrug:;)

Dragrad
16th April 2011, 00:53
Anybody interested in these events? I know that we are way out on the western rim of the galaxy.......

starbug2
16th April 2011, 06:48
Anybody interested in these events? I know that we are way out on the western rim of the galaxy.......
another time and i'm sure we would but as i've said now is not the best time:( for us but in the past we have been that way and it is nice over that way .. to boldly go.....

Dragrad
22nd April 2011, 00:02

So it's a weekend thing if you want a bank holiday short break ;)

Two many bank holidays too close together....... I forgot to add that there are a few traction steam engines as well...... well, usually. This is one of the few "big" events that I am not personally involved with :}

The next day we have the first Cardigan Classic Day ..... see OP. ;)

Dragrad
1st May 2011, 22:44
Well the day went well, 40+ vehicles... 3 E-types and a host of blasts from the past......

Had a mini meet with a new (local) member russelvj- he's hoping to pick up a CDT soon - bought him up to speed on plenums etc:D

Hopefully pics to follow...... guess who forgot his camera..... :o:o:getmecoat:

Dragrad
7th May 2011, 01:13
Link to pics

http://www.cardiganchamber.com/index.php/classic-car-show-gallery

A bit slow on loading... but we are on the edge of the western rim of the galaxy :(

OK no R75/ZTs , but maybe next year ;)

starbug2
7th May 2011, 07:49
looks nice, maybe if poss try for next year

Dragrad
8th May 2011, 23:10
looks nice, maybe if poss try for next year

Next year the event may not be the same weekend as the Barley Saturday Parade :(

But it will be held, maybe at a different venue though, as we overflowed this year's one ;)

One good thing that came about was the feedback from the exhibitors..... they loved it as it was a small compact area and camaraderie was wonderful..:D

The best part was that a marshall spotted an old VW camper van coming down the street, and waved them in....... they were holiday makers who had rented the van for an old style touring holiday. They loved being a part of the event, even though they had planned something totally different for the day!! As they said, it "made their holiday" :cool: