PDA

View Full Version : Software to reset oil & service intervals

humphshumphs
31st March 2011, 18:50
Hi All,

I've got a ELM327 that came with some software, so after doing a oil change etc., plugged it in to reset the oil change interval.

Only problem is, the software doesnt do it :(

Can anyone suggest software to do this with a ELM327, or do I just use the bit of wire in the diagnostic socket (not what I want to do). If the software is free then even better :D

Thanks in advance
Richard.

Phil-T4
31st March 2011, 19:18
Its the wire in the diag socket as this grounds the DS2 line on pin 8 (which is the instrument pack)

OBD2 readers only ever use the K-line on pin 7

HarryM1BYT
31st March 2011, 19:31
The paperclip method works fine.

chrissyboy
31st March 2011, 20:41
its not a good idea to be poking wire in to the data connector pins ,could be costly if you did it to the wrong one , treat yourself to one of these ..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Service-Light-Reset-Tool-MG-ZT-ZTT-Rover-75-Tourer-/370157036573?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item562f14241d

T-Cut
31st March 2011, 20:57
- - - treat yourself to one of these ..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Service-Light-Reset-Tool-MG-ZT-ZTT-Rover-75-Tourer-/370157036573?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item562f14241d

Isn't that the one that flashed a member's eyebrows off? There's a lot of dodgy stuff around eBay, so always seek a recommendation.

TC

jn12
31st March 2011, 21:07
Pay a bit more for a Gunson one, have tried two of those cheap ebay ones and both did not work!

John

calibrax
31st March 2011, 22:04
Isn't that the one that flashed a member's eyebrows off? There's a lot of dodgy stuff around eBay, so always seek a recommendation.

I can recommend that one, I have one and it comes with very comprehensive instructions.

Pay a bit more for a Gunson one, have tried two of those cheap ebay ones and both did not work!

It's a very simple push button version of the paperclip, so there's no reason it shouldn't work. You just have to get the timing right as per the instructions.

Poppy
31st March 2011, 22:08
I can recommend that one, I have one and it comes with very comprehensive instructions.

It's a very simple push button version of the paperclip, so there's no reason it shouldn't work. You just have to get the timing right as per the instructions.

Hiya. And if you don't get the timing right... It Flashes your eyebrows off...:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat::D Poppy

ZedTeeTee
31st March 2011, 22:28
Hiya. And if you don't get the timing right... It Flashes your eyebrows off...:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat::D Poppy

I have one of these, it worked fine for me on the second attempt after re-reading the instructions.

The first time I held it too low, my eyebrows were fine but I walked bow-legged for a while.

Poppy
31st March 2011, 22:29
I have one of these, it worked fine for me on the second attempt after re-reading the instructions.

The first time I held it too low, my eyebrows were fine but I walked bow-legged for a while.

Paper clip job for me then....:D:D:D:D:D:D Poppy

bl52krz
31st March 2011, 22:45
i just made up :-2 pieces wire one bell push. connect wire into bell push. bare wire,tin them. and you have it for next to nothing. one end of wire in no.8, bottom left of diag. socket,other one in no.4,bottom row. turn ignition key to second position, and then press the button for the required time,and bobs your uncle.
done mine begining of month for inspection service and change the brake fluid,before mot.

Mike Noc
31st March 2011, 23:19
i just made up :-2 pieces wire one bell push. connect wire into bell push. bare wire,tin them. and you have it for next to nothing. one end of wire in no.8, bottom left of diag. socket,other one in no.4,bottom row. turn ignition key to second position, and then press the button for the required time,and bobs your uncle.
done mine begining of month for inspection service and change the brake fluid,before mot.

If it was me I would also solder a couple of milliamps quick blow fuse into the wire..... just in case!

Mike

chrissyboy
1st April 2011, 07:43

TC
i have not heard of that tc . i know a couple of members have the same one and have had no problems.i use my guys wurth wow to reset mine.