PDA

View Full Version : New Improved Primo 1.2

tony_fry
8th April 2011, 11:01
I have been working on the latest Primo 1.2 over that last few days, and I now have everything working, how I would like it to be.

Revisions on the previous program.

TMC
now working

New Skin Added

Extras (so you can go straight into the map, if you have a planned route and have needed to stop the navigation system for any reason)

TTS Pro
Which will give you extra voice commands I.E traffic alert, sharp bend alert ECT

Driver Alerts
(Used with above) which show on the map in the form of a warning sign, showing sharp bends, historical traffic jams (I an used to this traveling along the A2 each morning and evening) School zone ECT ECT.

It a bit hard for me to take any pictures of the new setup, as I can not drive and take photos whilst on the move!!!.

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 12:05
Is this the version thats up in Dropbox Tony ?

tony_fry
8th April 2011, 12:48
Is this the version thats up in Dropbox Tony ?

Hi Mark

Yes its in the dropbox, but it has been updated this morning with the "new" items.

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 12:49
Cool,

Will add to my card again !

tony_fry
8th April 2011, 12:56
Cool,

Will add to my card again !

Sorry, but as I find more updates for Primo I will add them them to the dropbox folder, so it might mean checking it every now and again to see if any of the dates have been changed.

This is getting a bit like Seans head units (hehe) more and more updates and improvements.

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 14:26
Shame we can't have it on an internal HDD with network connectivity so it updates itself !...

Maybe one for future development !!

tony_fry
8th April 2011, 14:58
Shame we can't have it on an internal HDD with network connectivity so it updates itself !...

Maybe one for future development !!

Now Now Mark that would be too easy !!!

HarryM1BYT
8th April 2011, 16:25
I think I may have resolved the user POI issue I had earlier. If the following is added somewhere in the sys.txt txt file, it finds the POI's..

[folders]
kmlpoi="userdata\userpoi" ;"content\userdata\userpoi"

I'm not sure about this next bit or what it is supposed to do, but a problem I had with Tony's 1.2 set up was that if I tapped the Home button, it did nothing, but if I tapped the Work button it planned a route to my 'Home'. Didn't get a chance to test it before Tony announced an update.

[homework]
home="HOME"
work="WORK"
village="VILLAGE"

I found the above bits on a Primo support forum, while searching for information about what did what in the Primo sys.txt file. Once I had added the above items Primo seemed to reset itself to defaults with no skin, but with any user POI's listed - so you have been warned.

HarryM1BYT
8th April 2011, 18:04
I'm suffering a surprising number of corruptions of downloads of the file from Dropbox and I'm wondering if the cause might be due to Tony uploading later versions over the top of the one I'm downloading, in the middle of my attempt to download the file.

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 18:12
Probably best to ensure the green tick is othe folder and check your network activity before moving any files Harry...

Maybe even leave it overnight between moves

That way, you should get no issues.

HarryM1BYT
8th April 2011, 19:38
Probably best to ensure the green tick is othe folder and check your network activity before moving any files Harry...

Maybe even leave it overnight between moves

That way, you should get no issues.

I've just tried it with the green tick and it didn't help - my 4th attempt at downloading was also corrupted.

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 19:41
Harry,

What exactly is corrupt ?

Teflon
8th April 2011, 20:13
I've had the same issue - downloaded the file twice from the Dropbox website by selecting the folder and clicking "download". Each time I ended up with a single, large file called "Primo1.2.zip" which Windows said was corrupt and could not be opened.

This time I am running the Dropbox app on my PC so that it syncs the files automatically, and it appears to be downloading the folder, together with the subfolders (i.e. no zip file), so perhaps this is the answer. :shrug:

Cliff

HarryM1BYT
8th April 2011, 20:13
I'm downloading the entire folder as 'Primo 1 (1).2.zip' - when I try to access it with PKZIP it says the file is corrupted.

I am also seeing various zip file sizes of between 500Mb and 2Gb for the same file, once I have downloaded it.

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 20:24
Ahhhhh I see the issue....

Don't download it !

You should have a folder on your C drive called My Dropbox..

The files will automatically sync with the on line files.

Then the best thing is to copy it into a different location when all the files are synced

DO NOT DELETE FROM YOUR DROP BOX.

When your are done with it, simply click on the folder on line and select leave folder.

HarryM1BYT
8th April 2011, 21:14
The file in my Dropbox was corrupted/incomplete too, so I had to delete it.

Is anyone able to put it in my Dropbox?

++++++ Thanks Mark :-)

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 21:17
Harry

You have just deleted the folder for everyone !

I will need to upload it again...

Please wait until its done and please DO NOT DELETE !!!

Teflon
8th April 2011, 21:17
Not having much luck with this. Just come back to see how my download is going, and the shared folder "Primo1.2" is now empty, so no download.

Looks like the contents have been deleted by another user :confused:

Cliff

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 21:24
See above !...

I may not be able to restore this as I am 2% over my storage limit
due to the extra changes Tony has madewhich has made the folder 2.9 gigs...

***Edit***

Have removed some of the maps for Eastern Europe etc to make the file smaller

Teflon
8th April 2011, 21:33
That may well be why Dropbox is now telling me it is 124.9% in use.

I have no files stored myself, and my Dropbox folder is empty other than the Primo 1.2 folder which it is now downloading again, however if Primo 1.2 is above the storage limit for the free version of Dropbox, will it allow me to download it all? (I'm guessing not).

Cliff

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 21:37
yes the normal free version is only 2gigs !...

If you invite people to get 250 meg per person who joins, hence I have slightly more...

I could always burn to a dvd for you or send me an SAE with a memory card and I can put it on and send it back

HarryM1BYT
8th April 2011, 22:00
Harry

You have just deleted the folder for everyone !

I will need to upload it again...

Please wait until its done and please DO NOT DELETE !!!

OOOOPS :eek:

I didn't know I could do that - SORRY!

If anyone's Dropbox is too small, you can increase its size by referring someone else to open a free account. Sugarsync is similar, but allows you much more free space - 4Gb I think.

MARKUK
8th April 2011, 22:04
No worries Harry,

You may think that you can delete but you are in fact only sharing the folder, so the best thing to to is copy to a different
location and then stop sharing the folder / s..

Cheers

Robson Rover Repair
9th April 2011, 01:38
Tony ive been looking for Igo 1.2 and cant find it, what am I doing wrong with drop box!

Teflon
9th April 2011, 07:27
yes the normal free version is only 2gigs !...

If you invite people to get 250 meg per person who joins, hence I have slightly more...

I could always burn to a dvd for you or send me an SAE with a memory card and I can put it on and send it back

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the offer, but I left it running overnight, and it has downloaded 2.2 gigs even though my limit is 2 gigs, and now says my account is 98.1% in use. :shrug:

Not sure what's happening here, but the main thing is I have now got it and it all appears to be working - even TMC!!

Many thanks to everyone who helped out, especially Tony Fry for sorting primo in the first place - much appreciated.

Cliff

HarryM1BYT
9th April 2011, 08:09
Successfully downloaded, installed and working - except my personal POI's are not being listed again by 1.2, despite the POi's being there and in the correct sub folder.

Getting back to this missing TMC licence and TMC not working for some, but working for two of us in the first Primo 1.2 Tony gave us....

On my SD card I had the early IGo and earlier Promo, both with working TMC and I assume the licence, the version to load selected by buttons on that boot menu system I use. I read on a Primo forum that it can scan the filing system and grab what it needs from other versions of itself. I'm wondering if it grabbed the TMC licence from one of my other versions, which explains why mine worked?

HarryM1BYT
9th April 2011, 19:58
Am I correct in what I seem to be seeing, in that any attempt to edit or change anything in the sys.txt file, reverts Primo on the next start to its defaults?

I'm just trying to get my user POI folder recognised and adding the lines I suggested earlier, causes Primo to enter demo mode somewhere in a German city.

MARKUK
9th April 2011, 20:06
Mmmmm not seen anything like that ..

Not sure what to suggest apart from restoring to defaults and setting up again..

Also...

I have taken out all the maps & POI's that are not needed if you aren't driving all over East & West Europe and that takes the file size to around 1.5 gigs..

You can do that AFTER you have copied from the Dropbox to another location on you HDD though !

tony_fry
11th April 2011, 06:10
Am I correct in what I seem to be seeing, in that any attempt to edit or change anything in the sys.txt file, reverts Primo on the next start to its defaults?

I'm just trying to get my user POI folder recognised and adding the lines I suggested earlier, causes Primo to enter demo mode somewhere in a German city.

Harry,

I never had any problems with P.O.I, I would suggest that you delete the "SAVE" folder and then load the P.O.I then restart the program.

norbury brook
11th April 2011, 15:53
I can't seem to download this from drop box, I'm on my 4th attempt since this morning. i've had 300MB then 68MB then 16 MB I'n now stuck on 189MB, any ideas anyone?

Is it because not enough people are sharing it? or will it only download from Tony's computer so if he'snot on line it wont be available?

Marcus

HarryM1BYT
11th April 2011, 19:58
I can't seem to download this from drop box, I'm on my 4th attempt since this morning. i've had 300MB then 68MB then 16 MB I'n now stuck on 189MB, any ideas anyone?

Is it because not enough people are sharing it? or will it only download from Tony's computer so if he'snot on line it wont be available?

Marcus

You need to have Dropbox on your system, then just accept the invitation to download Primo. It will then appear in the Dropbox folder on your system.

HarryM1BYT
11th April 2011, 23:01
I have found what might be a problem with Dropbox....

My copy of the most recent files are dated the 8th - in my local copy of the Dropbox folder. I notice some of the files on the Dropbox site are dated some as recent as the today the 11th - yet Dropbox's icon shows all files are synchronised. Downloading directly doesn't work so well and I don't think there is a way to force Dropbox to grab the file again.

I guess it assumes the files are in sync, because they have the same filename. How do we work around this?

tony_fry
12th April 2011, 06:09
I have found what might be a problem with Dropbox....

My copy of the most recent files are dated the 8th - in my local copy of the Dropbox folder. I notice some of the files on the Dropbox site are dated some as recent as the today the 11th - yet Dropbox's icon shows all files are synchronised. Downloading directly doesn't work so well and I don't think there is a way to force Dropbox to grab the file again.

I guess it assumes the files are in sync, because they have the same filename. How do we work around this?

What you are doing is mirroring the items in MY DropBox, if I change anything it will automatically update in YOUR dropbox.

You should COPY the the files from the dropbox to your desktop NOT move them, I know a few members are moving the files, which takes them from my dropbox, if you read up on the functions it will explain it fully.

HarryM1BYT
12th April 2011, 15:33
What you are doing is mirroring the items in MY DropBox, if I change anything it will automatically update in YOUR dropbox.

You should COPY the the files from the dropbox to your desktop NOT move them, I know a few members are moving the files, which takes them from my dropbox, if you read up on the functions it will explain it fully.

I got it WRONG again, but not entirely my fault.....

Taking sys.txt as an example - if I look at the date Modified of the file in the folder on my system, it shows it as 08/04/11 at 09:36 and in your Dropbox as 11/04/11 7:25 PM (using the link provided in the invitation). Now if I check the properties of the same file on my system, the date of Creation shows as 11/04/11 at 09:36 - RATHER ODD. It seems Dropbox has Creation date and Modified date the wrong way around.

So it seems my files really must be up to date after all.

geoff11
12th April 2011, 21:16
Just a word to thank Tony for installing my new unit recently, top bloke :} and I just love the Igo primo Sat nav , what a revelation compared to the MGR Unit.
Only query I have is with the sat nav on and listening to music via sd or cd after about 7 minutes the music stops all by its self and I have to go back to
menu screen to press play and it will work for another 7 or so minutes ????
if the sat nav is off music will play without switching off

HarryM1BYT
12th April 2011, 21:57
I have not noticed mine doing that, but I did have a problem with any of the ICE sounds going silent when I used the Satnav. Just changing a setting then changing it back in the settings fixed it. Maybe you have a similar problem?

Look at the radio screen, click the house symbol, then settings, then audio. Change those.

tony_fry
13th April 2011, 05:52
I have not noticed mine doing that, but I did have a problem with any of the ICE sounds going silent when I used the Satnav. Just changing a setting then changing it back in the settings fixed it. Maybe you have a similar problem?

Look at the radio screen, click the house symbol, then settings, then audio. Change those.

Glad you like Primo Geoff,

Harry Geoff has the "other" unit not Seans DD one, I will ask CDTi, if he had a similar problem with the sound

kevineds
13th April 2011, 09:59
would it be possible to have a copy of primo ?

CDTi
13th April 2011, 13:34
Harry Geoff has the "other" unit not Seans DD one, I will ask CDTi, if he had a similar problem with the soundI used Primo for over an hour last Sunday and did not have this problem. I was using the radio and A2DP, though, not CD/SD.

Robson Rover Repair
14th April 2011, 01:25
I cant get anyone I know to dropbox referral me and ive only managed to get 2.25 gb. :(

Any suggestions as to how to download it?

Teflon
14th April 2011, 07:51
I've only got the basic 2 gig, but I managed to downoad it (2.2 gig) ok.

Are you trying to download the folder direct from Drop box as a zip file (didn't work for me), or are you running Dropbox on your PC and just allowing it to synchronise the files (this is what worked for me)?

Cliff

CDTi
14th April 2011, 08:43
I've only got the basic 2 gig, but I managed to downoad it (2.2 gig) ok. Was it not 2.6Gb?

wutang
14th April 2011, 11:17
2.58 gb for me and it synced no problem even with the basic allowance of 2 gb.

Robson Rover Repair
14th April 2011, 14:55
Downloaded in as a zip file there for each folder seperatly, all unzipped now.

Just waiting on my new 8gb card to arrive and I will install it.

Hoping my 32gb one turns up soon also mind you. :(

HarryM1BYT
14th April 2011, 15:05
I cant get anyone I know to dropbox referral me and ive only managed to get 2.25 gb. :(

Any suggestions as to how to download it?

As already said, Sugarsync is quite similar and provides more free space, but obviously they are not compatible. Failing that, You could maybe be noughty and refer another of your own email addresses to gain a bit more space in Dropbox, assuming you have more than one address - perhaps refer wife/ girfriend/ your kids to open a Dropbox account.

tony_fry
14th April 2011, 16:15
Downloaded in as a zip file there for each folder seperatly, all unzipped now.

Just waiting on my new 8gb card to arrive and I will install it.

Hoping my 32gb one turns up soon also mind you. :(

I have removed some of the Eastern Block countries to bring it down to 1.9Gb so everyone should be able to download it (for evaluation purposes)

Teflon
14th April 2011, 17:19
Was it not 2.6Gb?

Not when I got it - just 2.2 gig. I think Mark had removed some of the more exotic maps to reduce the file size.

Cliff

handyjackdaniels
17th April 2011, 09:24
I've tried a few times to download it but always comes up as corrupted, would anybody be kind enough to put it on a sd card for me if i send a 4gb one with a sae attached?:D

Sometimes stuggle wih these things( old age!):mood:

MARKUK
17th April 2011, 10:17
Have you downloaded Dropbox ?...

If you have then just leave the folder to download into the folder on your dropbox on yourC drive.

You do not need to download the folder manually...

I have no issues putting on an SD card for you if you send me it with an sae

HarryM1BYT
17th April 2011, 10:42
I've done a quick 'how to' for anyone not familiar with adding user kml Points Of Interest files to Primo 1.2 and also suggested a good source for the files.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=82760

MARKUK
17th April 2011, 10:45
Good idea Harry ;o)...

Now we just need an up to date source of Speedcam Files...

Will see what I can do...

HarryM1BYT
17th April 2011, 12:22
Good idea Harry ;o)...

Now we just need an up to date source of Speedcam Files...

Will see what I can do...

The updated Speedcams are on POIplaza. It seems they and the other POI's are updated very frequently.

MARKUK
17th April 2011, 12:34
Harry,

I have had a look at that site and the files are 4 months out of date...

http://www.poiplaza.com/design/countries/GB.png (http://www.poiplaza.com/index.php?p=sdb&d=1164&lstpg=ds&lsts=617)
United Kingdom
Mobile Speedcam (http://www.poiplaza.com/index.php?p=sdb&d=1164&lstpg=ds&lsts=617) (11761)
Last update: 2010-12-15, 22:50:55.
Downloads: 14895

And the Section Cameras are 12 months out...

http://www.poiplaza.com/design/countries/GB.png (http://www.poiplaza.com/index.php?p=sdb&d=1698&lstpg=ds&lsts=618)
United Kingdom
Section Cameras (http://www.poiplaza.com/index.php?p=sdb&d=1698&lstpg=ds&lsts=618) (499)
Last update: 2010-04-02, 20:59:58.
Downloads: 7374

I do know that PocketGPS has a good database, however it's £19.99 a year to subscribe, however, their database is up to date ( 13th April 2011 )...

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php

Might be worth looking into...

norbury brook
18th April 2011, 11:50
why don't a few of us chip in and get a subscription then share the files?
I'm happy to contribute :D

Marcus

tony_fry
18th April 2011, 11:52
why don't a few of us chip in and get a subscription then share the files?
I'm happy to contribute :D

Marcus

Or you could pay me :} I have the speed cam updates on my dropbox !!!!!! :}

MARKUK
18th April 2011, 12:17
The issue with sharing the PocketGPS stuff is they are aware that people share it and will ban anyone found sharing it, so if you pay £19.99, download the database and then get
found out sharing, you lose your £19.99 and get banned from getting it again...

Don't ask me how they are able to track it cos I don't know...

How much are you wanting to share the details you have then Tony ?, how old is the data ?

handyjackdaniels
19th April 2011, 16:09
Have you downloaded Dropbox ?...

If you have then just leave the folder to download into the folder on your dropbox on yourC drive.

You do not need to download the folder manually...

I have no issues putting on an SD card for you if you send me it with an sae

Mark, have sent you a pm.

Cheers.Steve.

Robson Rover Repair
21st April 2011, 20:58
Using Primo 1.2 now, and its SUCH an improvement. :D

HarryM1BYT
21st April 2011, 22:58
Using Primo 1.2 now, and its SUCH an improvement. :D

Just the first sylable of sound clipping, needing to be resolved.

Robson Rover Repair
22nd April 2011, 00:22
I havnt noticed it, but I unzipped the zip files also and found it runs much quicker.

HarryM1BYT
22nd April 2011, 06:58
I havnt noticed it, but I unzipped the zip files also and found it runs much quicker.

For 'take the next right', I usually hear '...ke the next right'

You would think it would be a fairly basic problem to solve, but lots of the satnav forums seem to complain about speech issues.

I'll try unzipping. I'm surprised the software doesn't become confused - it expects to have to open a zip to find the file it needs, rather than the file being just sat in the folder.

Any particular zips to extract or have you extracted all of them?

Once extracted, did you delete the zips from the folders?

Robson Rover Repair
22nd April 2011, 07:17
Just the two that are zipped in the drop box already. Working fine for me now.

HarryM1BYT
22nd April 2011, 07:47
Just the two that are zipped in the drop box already. Working fine for me now.

There is data.zip and branding.zip in the root of the Primo folder and then two more in the Content/Skin for Day and Night. Lots more in Content/Lang with the various language files zipped.

Robson Rover Repair
22nd April 2011, 09:11
I did the lot lol.

HarryM1BYT
22nd April 2011, 20:43
I have not tried it yet, but if you are finding Primo's audio a bit on the quiet side, compared to the ICE volume - then this is suggested to work...

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor=1
a0=56806
thrs=24703
ratio=8 ;higher number = louder nav voice
gain=10 ;higher number = louder nav voice

Just add the above lines to your sys.txt file in Primo.

vindaloo
22nd April 2011, 20:50
Just the first sylable of sound clipping, needing to be resolved.

Same for me.

HarryM1BYT
23rd April 2011, 15:01
Same for me.

I have not had the missing first syllable problem today, since adding the above to my sys.txt + adjusting the adusting the volume level in Primo's settings + changing the voice to the female TTS voice (Selena?) - all changed yesterday evening.

vindaloo
23rd April 2011, 18:36

Any particular zips to extract or have you extracted all of them?

Once extracted, did you delete the zips from the folders?

What did you end up doing? I'm sure you are not supposed to unzip all the files.

HarryM1BYT
23rd April 2011, 19:03
What did you end up doing? I'm sure you are not supposed to unzip all the files.

I unzipped all the zipped files which it might obviously need and let Winzip put them in their default folders. Can't say I really noticed much difference in speed really. I would have thought the software would unzip files as they were needed the first time it was run.

taxi-dermist
24th April 2011, 20:46
Hi everyone. I also have Seans unit fitted, its a great unit and I would like to have this Primo upgrade.

I have drop box but being a bit thick don't know how to get the files, do I need an invite or referral of some kind. Can anyone help. Thanks.

MARKUK
24th April 2011, 22:55
Send me a pm with your email addy and I will send you a link...

Follow the link and install Dropbox and the files will sync with your PC...

Very importantly do not change or delete any files in the Dropbox...wait till the files are synced and then copy the whole directory into another area on your C drive...

Robson Rover Repair
26th April 2011, 04:52
I have not tried it yet, but if you are finding Primo's audio a bit on the quiet side, compared to the ICE volume - then this is suggested to work...

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor=1
a0=56806
thrs=24703
ratio=8 ;higher number = louder nav voice
gain=10 ;higher number = louder nav voice

Just add the above lines to your sys.txt file in Primo.

Must give that a go next.

Must admit, its a cracking bit of kit, warnings of road speed and such. :}

RichB
29th April 2011, 09:21
I tried to update my primo today since it's been a few months since I installed the version I was running. I looked in the files in Primo folder in my dropbox and saw that the data.zip and the branding.zip files were different, so I copied these files onto my SD card. However, when I installed the card in my unit it gave the error message:

User interface resolution [800 x 480] is not supported or compatible skin cannot be found.

So I next deleted the whole Primo folder off the SD card and copied the complete Primo folder from my dropbox, but I get the same error message.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Rich

MARKUK
29th April 2011, 09:49
I tried to update my primo today since it's been a few months since I installed the version I was running. I looked in the files in Primo folder in my dropbox and saw that the data.zip and the branding.zip files were different, so I copied these files onto my SD card. However, when I installed the card in my unit it gave the error message:

User interface resolution [800 x 480] is not supported or compatible skin cannot be found.

So I next deleted the whole Primo folder off the SD card and copied the complete Primo folder from my dropbox, but I get the same error message.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Rich

Rich,

Sounds like maybe someone has deleted a file, as that should work OK

RichB
29th April 2011, 11:13
Any idea how to check? I didn't keep a back-up of my old files before I started playing around with it. Grrrr.

Rich

MARKUK
29th April 2011, 11:24
Ahhh !...

Always make a copy of the dropbox before you do anything, that way, if someone does delte a file etc, you have the origional setup !...

I guess the only way of knowing is to get the files re uploaded...

RichB
29th April 2011, 11:37
I copied the Primo folder from my dropbox onto another folder in my harddrive, then used that to copy onto my SD card. It's just I did not back up my SD card before making the mods.

I never do anything direct with the files in dropbox.

By the way, I also have Map, Public and Photos folders in my drop box as well as the Primo folder. Are they any use to me?

Cheers,
Rich

taxi-dermist
29th April 2011, 12:15
I also tried to update Primo, but being a bit of a pc dunce couldn't get it to work, but one thing I have learnt is to always take back up copies.

I have reloaded the original Primo and Igo8 on to the sd card I bought from Tony Fry and the Igo8 works ok, Primo loads to set up - languages but the resolution is huge (only 2 language choices on screen) so I cant choose english then click done as I cant see the bottom box

Can anyone tell me what is the cause and any way out of this.

Thanks Terry.

Robson Rover Repair
1st May 2011, 13:12
Heres an odd one, anyone elses Primo keep having to be reset to factory settings, id say maybe 1 in 10 times I start the car and I loose all my POI's ive added since. Annoying.

Teflon
1st May 2011, 14:55
Could this be the cause? ("taken from the TMC issue fixed" thread): ...... took the key out befor Primo had fully loaded. When I next started her up, I had a very small error message which stated that Primo had not completed its startup routine the last time, so did I want to revert to default settings. Options were (from memory) "OK" or "No". I selected "No", and Primo loaded as per usual. The message was very small, and I was tempted just to hit "OK" to get rid of it. .........

It seems that Primo is not too happy if it is shut down before it has fully booted. If you get the error message referred to and select "OK", it reverts everything (POIs etc) back to defaults. Select "No" and everything loads as it should.

RichB
1st May 2011, 18:33
Sounds like that was my issue. But now I can't even to get it load using the files in dropbox :shrug:

Rich

HarryM1BYT
2nd May 2011, 10:57
I have had a few days of intensive use of it over the holiday and I must say it works well and I'm starting to like it. I am a bit puzzled by a fairly frequent single bing (or bong) noise coming from it with no reason for it that I have been able to trace.

I thought at first it might be a speed camera warning, but I've turned off sound warnings, because they were so annoying and I'm still hearing the noise. Its a bit quieter than the normal volume levels and seems to happen very often. Has anyone any idea what it might be?

[EDIT] More of a pop noise really and I think I may have worked it out. It is the warning noise it makes when a hazard shows up on the screen - tight bend, slippery road surface, narrow bridge etc..

taffyduck
4th May 2011, 22:05
Same for me.

Had this problem from the start :shrug: will try the extra sys.txt settings.

Have also got the TMC PRO Working but can't add the folder to dropbox as its full for me 116% and don't want to go deleting any files.

HarryM1BYT
4th May 2011, 23:10
Had this problem from the start :shrug: will try the extra sys.txt settings.

Have also got the TMC PRO Working but can't add the folder to dropbox as its full for me 116% and don't want to go deleting any files.

I'm now back to clipped speech :confused:

Regarding the Dropbox downloads....

Could you not just see if you can do a manual download of the particular folder you cannot get via the standard sysnchronised method?

Anyone fancy a mass move to Sugarsync? You get much more initial free space than Dropbox provides?

MARKUK
4th May 2011, 23:30
I'll be signing up...you get 5 gigs straight off which is plenty !!
And you can set folders as read only so people can't delete stuff by accident
too !

Mikejr
5th May 2011, 10:00
Sounds good to me, so 'me too'. Guess we'll need to get Tony and everyone else on board as well.

HarryM1BYT
5th May 2011, 16:58
Sounds good to me, so 'me too'. Guess we'll need to get Tony and everyone else on board as well.

I subscribed long since - you can find it at

https://www.sugarsync.com/

taffyduck
5th May 2011, 21:35
I'm now back to clipped speech :confused:

Regarding the Dropbox downloads....

Could you not just see if you can do a manual download of the particular folder you cannot get via the standard sysnchronised method?

Anyone fancy a mass move to Sugarsync? You get much more initial free space than Dropbox provides?

Didn't change anything for me either, still missing the first part of the first word :shrug:. Have now got sugarsync so if anyone needs the TMC Folder just follow the link and its in the content folder.
If anyone does find out why there's a speech problem and whats causing it don't hesitate to tell :D. Have noticed though that if the "DING" is set to 1 in the sys.txt then the Normal voices work fine, however the TTS voices still play up, there is a long pause after the ding and before the next instruction is given the music volume goes back up and you can hear the instructions under the music or the music comes back on halfway through the instructions:confused::confused::confused:

https://www.sugarsync.com/share/e0z6py4q5yb9h

HarryM1BYT
6th May 2011, 18:53
Didn't change anything for me either, still missing the first part of the first word :shrug:. Have now got sugarsync so if anyone needs the TMC Folder just follow the link and its in the content folder.
If anyone does find out why there's a speech problem and whats causing it don't hesitate to tell :D. Have noticed though that if the "DING" is set to 1 in the sys.txt then the Normal voices work fine, however the TTS voices still play up, there is a long pause after the ding and before the next instruction is given the music volume goes back up and you can hear the instructions under the music or the music comes back on halfway through the instructions:confused::confused::confused:

Does that version have more contents to it than the previous ones I have downloaded via Dropbox? It seems to have quite a few more folders than the copy I have presently.

taffyduck
6th May 2011, 22:00
Does that version have more contents to it than the previous ones I have downloaded via Dropbox? It seems to have quite a few more folders than the copy I have presently.

It's got a few more as I use both TeleAtlas Maps and Navteq and as such when changing the maps it also changes the POIs, Phoneme, buildings etc.

HarryM1BYT
6th May 2011, 22:08
It's got a few more as I use both TeleAtlas Maps and Navteq and as such when changing the maps it also changes the POIs, Phoneme, buildings etc.

Thanks...

It also seems to have the Tutorial folder in there too, which I've not seen (or noticed) before.

taffyduck
6th May 2011, 22:36
Thanks...

It also seems to have the Tutorial folder in there too, which I've not seen (or noticed) before.
its also an Updated IGO .exe version 9.2.1.179499 from April. The one from Feb is 9.2.1.178658 :D

Ajd1
7th May 2011, 06:46

Thanks for sharing.

On another note how do you set the volume level of the traffic announcements down? nearly blew my head off when it came on.

It came on at volume 20 and i'm normally at 7 or 8

Thanks

Andy

HarryM1BYT
7th May 2011, 06:50
...and a thanks from me too. The Sugarsync does seem to be a better bet than Dropbox. I'll try and get that version of Primo installed and tested a little later today.

MOT booked for 10am - wish her luck :}

taffyduck
7th May 2011, 14:40
Thanks for sharing.

On another note how do you set the volume level of the traffic announcements down? nearly blew my head off when it came on.

It came on at volume 20 and i'm normally at 7 or 8

Thanks

Andy

Unfortunatly no one has found a cure for that problem, exept turning the TA off:cool:

Ajd1
7th May 2011, 14:46
Thanks for that, will be turning it off next time I'm in the car then.

Andy

RichB
9th May 2011, 08:08
I donwloaded the primo files form sugarsync, I got a 1.67GB zip file, is this correct? The reason I ask is Tony's primo file in drop box was 900MB.

Cheers,
Rich

HarryM1BYT
9th May 2011, 15:52
I donwloaded the primo files form sugarsync, I got a 1.67GB zip file, is this correct? The reason I ask is Tony's primo file in drop box was 900MB.

Cheers,
Rich

I made it 1.29Gb via Sugarsync from Peter. Peter's file has additional files included, which may explain the difference in size.

Tony had to reduce his file size to accomodate some who found the file exceeded their Dropbox size limit, I think he said he removed some of the maps for eastern Europe.

I wonder if now we don't have a file size restriction (Sugarsync), if Tony could provide us with a full and definitive copy of Primo?

RichB
13th May 2011, 12:47
Hi Harry,

I double checked and it was in fact 1.29GB and it has now installed and powered up fined.

But (there's always a but)...

I have now lost the fabulour Gujon skin that I got with Primo when I donwloaded it from Tony Fry. Does anyone know where to download the latest one from, what specific files I need and how where/how to but them on my card!

Cheers,
Rich

RichB
13th May 2011, 12:51
Hmm, I've just found the GJ day and night files in the skins folder under contents. So can anyone instruct a numpty on how to get them up on my unit? I did it before but can't remember how to do it. I thought I just went into map settings and selected the appropriate day and night skin from the options. But they weren't there when i looked this time.

Cheers,
Rich

Mikejr
13th May 2011, 14:48
I wonder if now we don't have a file size restriction (Sugarsync), if Tony could provide us with a full and definitive copy of Primo?

Yes, I would second that.

tony_fry
13th May 2011, 17:07
Yes, I would second that.

I have just checked my version of Primo and loaded with the whole of Europe (Eastern & Western) it total 2.61Gb

I can cut my version to just down to 673Mb if people want to loose the European maps (so it would have only the UK & Ireland, on it).

It up to you lot what goes on it, you can download the basic package and then add the maps if and when you require it.

From the cards I have done for my installs, I have not had ANY problems with Voice or maps they are working 100%.

I could go back to putting the software on SD cards and sending them out (with costs only involved for the cards and my postage charge) , if anyone is not sure with what they are doing with DropBox or SugarSync.

At least then you will know that the software will work.

tony_fry
13th May 2011, 17:16
Hmm, I've just found the GJ day and night files in the skins folder under contents. So can anyone instruct a numpty on how to get them up on my unit? I did it before but can't remember how to do it. I thought I just went into map settings and selected the appropriate day and night skin from the options. But they weren't there when i looked this time.

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Rich

The site I download the skins from is:-

mobilepassion.org

Its free but you have to join up.

Once downloaded you have to save them to:-

Primo\Content\skins

There are several other bit they need to be put on the card from the file when you download it, some go into the "content file" and some go on the root directory.

Then go into the settings on the sat nav program then into "display" then into daylight and change it to GJ*** (what ever version you have downloaded) and the same for the night and do the same.

Exit out of the program (close it down) and then restart it, it should work if you have done it right.

HarryM1BYT
13th May 2011, 17:19
I have just checked my version of Primo and loaded with the whole of Europe (Eastern & Western) it total 2.61Gb

Could you put that on Sugarsync for us please, pretty please?

Then those who feel the need can remove the map files they don't actually require before uploading to the sd card.

From the cards I have done for my installs, I have not had ANY problems with Voice or maps they are working 100%.

Are you saying that you are not missing the first syllable of the TTS announcements, that your sound is working properly?

tony_fry
13th May 2011, 18:03
Could you put that on Sugarsync for us please, pretty please?

Then those who feel the need can remove the map files they don't actually require before uploading to the sd card.

Are you saying that you are not missing the first syllable of the TTS announcements, that your sound is working properly? Yes I have no problem with the voice, I even have the TTS pro working fine
Harry I do not have ANY problems with the voice, I have updated mine to look like this now:-

Original Front End (Main Screen).

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0012.jpg

New Front End.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0013.jpg

Map Screen, with loaded POI showing on screen and Compass on the lower right.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0014.jpg

You can change the Main Screen Back to the original one by going into the "settings" then into "Display" and changing the Day and Night Screen back to the GJ** Skin

Here is my link on SugarSync

https://www.sugarsync.com/share/jrjkw9697se6

It should be 2.62GB in total (thats what it showing on my computer)

Phew all this EXTRA work I am having to do for the forum!!!!

HarryM1BYT
13th May 2011, 19:18
Yes I have no problem with the voice, I even have the TTS pro working fine
Harry I do not have ANY problems with the voice, I have updated mine to look like this now:-

Original Front End (Main Screen).Here is my link on SugarSync

Thanks very much Tony, I'll give that a go.

I had initial problems with the clipping or silence for the first few milliseconds of the announcement, then seemed to fix it by editing the sys.txt file, then the clipping came back and stayed - Just to make it clear, THAT WAS IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS I HAVE TESTED.

Mikejr
13th May 2011, 23:59

Thank you very much Tony :clap::clap::clap: it is greatly appreciated. :bowdown::grouphug:

HarryM1BYT
14th May 2011, 14:12
Following a quick test this morning.....

TTS announcements seem better - or at least I wasn't sure whether it was clipping the first word or not, probably needs more testing to be certain. I'm hearing 'next left', where as would expect it to maybe say 'take the next left'.

I don't know if the speed camera announcements are part of the same system or not, but I'm getting definate clipping of the first word. 'Warning - mobile speed camera ahead' is announced as '....ning - mobile speed camera ahead'.

I do like the revised main menu - much quicker to get it doing what you want/ fewer button pushes.

I have also copied the Tutorial folder from Peter's Sugarsync version into the copy you provided, no idea whether that will get the tutorial/help system working though.

Thanks again Mark :}

madone
14th May 2011, 15:14
Thanks again Tony for your help :bowdown: Just have to try it now.

Mikejr
23rd May 2011, 21:03
I don't know if the speed camera announcements are part of the same system or not, but I'm getting definate clipping of the first word. 'Warning - mobile speed camera ahead' is announced as '....ning - mobile speed camera ahead'.

Hhmm... thought it was my hearing but I also get '....ning - mobile speed camera ahead' :( So its not just you Harry.

vindaloo
23rd May 2011, 21:28
Hhmm... thought it was my hearing but I also get '....ning - mobile speed camera ahead' :( So its not just you Harry.

Still getting this as well.

tony_fry
24th May 2011, 07:09
If you look in the sys.txt file on the SD card you will find:-

[speedcam_category:0]
activated_spoken_type=speech
activated_speech="Warning, speed camera ahead"
activated_min_speech_repeat_delay=-1

Might be worth putting your name in the front of Warning

I.E

[speedcam_category:0]
activated_spoken_type=speech
activated_speech="Tony Warning, speed camera ahead"
activated_min_speech_repeat_delay=-1

There are several line that relates the the speed cams, you will have to do the same of all of them.

But at the end of the day you are getting the warning sound, the basic setup just gives you a "bleep"

Is there no pleasing some of you!!!

HarryM1BYT
24th May 2011, 16:30
Tony,

Absolutely not getting at you or anyone else - just a matter of technical curiosty as to what the cause is of the missing first bit of the voice. We are (I think) all delighted with what you have done in providing the updates to the software.

Could the difference in voice behaviour be due to some sort of variation in the versions of DD units? Could any of this variation be due to it silencing the ICE sound too late, before starting its satnav announcements?

I would have thought there must be a setting in the sys.txt to allow some adjustement of the delay before it starts speaking. There seems to be no definitive list of what those settings actually do.

vindaloo
24th May 2011, 18:45
Tony,

Absolutely not getting at you or anyone else - just a matter of technical curiosty as to what the cause is of the missing first bit of the voice. We are (I think) all delighted with what you have done in providing the updates to the software.

:iagree::wot:

HarryM1BYT
29th May 2011, 14:17
Tony's latest sugarsync version of the software, as above.....

As you might have read in the other thread I started, the voice announcements work fine, if Teleatlas is used instead of Navteq Maps.

Today I attempted to save three places as favourites, but I couldn't. I had one already saved (Home), I added a second one, then when I tried to add a third one after using find and returning to the map - the usual favourite button with the plus on it had turned to a favourite button with a dustbin.

Is there some limit on the number of favourites it can store?

I also notice that unless the software is shut down via the Igo menu and shut down button on the screen, that any favourite you have entered will be lost. In other words - put a favourite in, then switch the ignition off, the favourite you have just entered will NOT be saved. You must close the software itself down first.

stevo snr
30th May 2011, 07:43
Tony,can I have a copy of your latest version of Primo on a fast sd card.

I met you at Caln, don't want to get involved with Sugarsync, got Igo8 working ok from desktop now, so I thought i'd like to try the latest version.

I'm off to Germany to the Rover meet there next Monday night.I know its a little late, but it would be great to try it out over there. Perhaps 4 or 8 gig card.

vindaloo
30th May 2011, 11:41
I have a 10gb Sugarsync account but I just can't seem to download these files from there, it always gives up at less than 100mb & I've tried several times over the past 2 weeks. I didn't have any problem with Dropbox.
Am I doing something wrong?

MARKUK
30th May 2011, 12:35
Hiya,

Don't download from SuagrSync, just use SugarSync Manager to SYNC the folder to your PC...

vindaloo
30th May 2011, 12:46
Hiya,

Don't download from SuagrSync, just use SugarSync Manager to SYNC the folder to your PC...

Hi Mark

The "Sync to Computer" Logo is greyed out in SugarSync Manager

MARKUK
30th May 2011, 13:08
Hiya,

You need to do the following...

Open up SugarSync manager on PC...

Find the SHARED FOLDERS & SHARED WITH ME folders...

Right click on Primo Folder...

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/auction_sales/Primo1.jpg

Then find your OWN PC FOLDER...

In my case it's HOLLY & SUGARSYNC...

Right click and PASTE....

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/auction_sales/Primo2.jpg

That should then copy all files into YOUR folder and start syncing !!

:D

HarryM1BYT
30th May 2011, 14:49
Today I attempted to save three places as favourites, but I couldn't. I had one already saved (Home), I added a second one, then when I tried to add a third one after using find and returning to the map - the usual favourite button with the plus on it had turned to a favourite button with a dustbin.

Is there some limit on the number of favourites it can store?

I also notice that unless the software is shut down via the Igo menu and shut down button on the screen, that any favourite you have entered will be lost. In other words - put a favourite in, then switch the ignition off, the favourite you have just entered will NOT be saved. You must close the software itself down first.

...and the next time I booted it up (today), I was then able to save a third favorite. :}

Robson Rover Repair
5th June 2011, 13:46

I can cut my version to just down to 673Mb if people want to loose the European maps (so it would have only the UK & Ireland, on it).

It up to you lot what goes on it, you can download the basic package and then add the maps if and when you require it.

I could go back to putting the software on SD cards and sending them out (with costs only involved for the cards and my postage charge) , if anyone is not sure with what they are doing with DropBox or SugarSync.

At least then you will know that the software will work.

I think if you did the "full" version and shared it via sugarsyn, then those of us could keep sharing it, and the a "compact" version could be released to please everyone via dropbox prehaps?

Id prefer a full version myself and id be interested in your version that prevents clipping.

Would that prehaps be best?

vindaloo
5th June 2011, 16:06
Hiya,

You need to do the following...

Open up SugarSync manager on PC...

Find the SHARED FOLDERS & SHARED WITH ME folders...

Right click on Primo Folder...

Then find your OWN PC FOLDER...

In my case it's HOLLY & SUGARSYNC...

Right click and PASTE....

That should then copy all files into YOUR folder and start syncing !!

:D

Forgot to say earlier, thanks for this Mark.

MARKUK
5th June 2011, 18:21
No worries,

Glad to be of help

HarryM1BYT
5th June 2011, 19:32
Id prefer a full version myself and id be interested in your version that prevents clipping.

Annual leave, some concentrated mileage in the 75 using the DD - so some feedback.

I've had no announcement clipping what so ever, since swapping it over to using the Tele Atlas maps.

After an 8 hour session of driving using the satnav continuously, it started to go flakey. It started to complain that it had frequent sat reception problems, then started to show a position several miles from where we actually were. Whilst skirting around Cardigan, it complained it couldn't find the map for that area. Long drive, tired, late and still a way to go, I shut the satnav down and put some music on - to find every track seemed to be accompanied by a clapping sound, especially on the peaks.

Next day, all working perfectly normal again, so perhaps heat buildup related? Maybe it needs a small PC fan to force cool it?

MARKUK
5th June 2011, 20:32
i have noticed my DD getting very hot before and then stopping playing cd's and dvd's...

we mentioned about installing some sort f fan before but the problem is, where to get the cool air from and where to exhaust it to ??

Scouse1958
5th June 2011, 21:40
Yes I have no problem with the voice, I even have the TTS pro working fine

Original Front End (Main Screen).

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0012.jpg

New Front End.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0013.jpg

Map Screen, with loaded POI showing on screen and Compass on the lower right.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0014.jpg

You can change the Main Screen Back to the original one by going into the "settings" then into "Display" and changing the Day and Night Screen back to the GJ** Skin

Here is my link on SugarSync

Hi i have updated with new files but still getting the old screen how do i get the new one please ?

Paul

HarryM1BYT
5th June 2011, 21:58
I suspect it is still booting into the old version and that you have a directory with the old version plus a second one containing the new version.

When you first turn on the Satnav, it shows a compass needle, then a screen where one of the items is configuration or settings. Click that and set it look for the correct file in the new directory.

tony_fry
8th June 2011, 06:26
I now have the latest maps Quarter 1 2011 (NavTeq) which is in my SugarSync Box https://www.sugarsync.com/share/frod0j5wprvfy, if anyone wants them.

Also I have found out how to setup the Vehicle settings in Primo 1.2, which had evaded me until now.

menu - more - settings - route settings - vehicle (press) - default car (press) - press spanner/screwdriver - and fill in your wanted details (fuel,engine type,max speed ect ect)

You will then be able to setup the info in the program.

MARKUK
8th June 2011, 07:19
Cheers Tony,

Will put them in Igo and see if it improves the mapping :D

madone
8th June 2011, 07:56
Cheers Tony, just waiting for my new DD to arrive now :D

ceedy
23rd June 2011, 18:56
Does Anyone else find that getting the files from Sugarsync is appallingly slow .

it doesn't give any clues on the transfer speeds ? .

Reckon I must be getting about 1 byte a second :D

Chris

vindaloo
23rd June 2011, 19:22
Does Anyone else find that getting the files from Sugarsync is appallingly slow .

Chris

Yes you're correct, mine is slow & I have a paid for 10GB account

HarryM1BYT
23rd June 2011, 19:41
I now have the latest maps Quarter 1 2011 (NavTeq) which is in my SugarSync Box https://www.sugarsync.com/share/frod0j5wprvfy, if anyone wants them.

Also I have found out how to setup the Vehicle settings in Primo 1.2, which had evaded me until now.

menu - more - settings - route settings - vehicle (press) - default car (press) - press spanner/screwdriver - and fill in your wanted details (fuel,engine type,max speed ect ect)

You will then be able to setup the info in the program.

Thanks for that, I did wonder where those settings were. I was also wondering if there was a setting which might bypass the economy screen of Primo, just to see if it might save a bit of time during setting a route.

HarryM1BYT
23rd June 2011, 19:45

Chris

I get about 50 to 100Kb/s.

ceedy
24th June 2011, 14:02
I'm not usually this bad :D... maybe I'm just out of practice , not having working gps for so long ;)

But I just cannot get Primo to run... best I get is the hourglass for a min or 2 then, Wince reporting, Apllication failed to start do you want to resets etc etc .. yes/no....& tap the " yes" gives nothing ? ..

So not sure whether its just a corrupted file somewhere as the downloading has been so slow ?. or something else, IGO works ok , and an older Primo did work in lores many months back before the GPS went pop .

Heellllllllppppppp ... :D:D

Chris

HarryM1BYT
24th June 2011, 14:11
But I just cannot get Primo to run... best I get is the hourglass for a min or 2 then, Wince reporting, Apllication failed to start do you want to resets etc etc .. yes/no....& tap the " yes" gives nothing ? ..

So not sure whether its just a corrupted file somewhere as the downloading has been so slow ?. or something else, IGO works ok , and an older Primo did work in lores many months back before the GPS went pop .

I have had the yes/no occaisionally and always got away with pressing No. I assumed it was because it had failed to sut itself down in an orderly manner. Yes suggests it will reset everything back to defaults, so I've avoided that.

In your case I would suggest you must have a corrupted file somewhere - have you followed the correct method for downloading via Sugarsync, of synchronising a file in a folder, rather than a direct download - which seemed to cause corruption via Dropbox?

tony_fry
24th June 2011, 16:10
I'm not usually this bad :D... maybe I'm just out of practice , not having working gps for so long ;)

Heellllllllppppppp ... :D:D

Chris

Chris

I would suggest you delete the "SAVE" folder on the SD card, if there is a problem it should clear it, after you delete the save folder.

ceedy
24th June 2011, 19:49
downloaded it all again.. took most of the day..

Removed save folder.

Slight improvement ;)

I get the Primo screen and loading bar reaches about 75% then it resets back to the DD system path screen. :shrug:

Was hoping to get this up and running with 800X480 ,
but at the moment anything would be nice ;)..

Got an ulterior motive here too.. ;)
As I've arranged with Sean. to get a similar DD to fit my dad's B class merc.

And although it will probably have IGo, I'm fairly sure IGO will appear too complicated for him ( 80+yers) :D

So got a couple of weeks til he comes back from his hols and the DD turns up. from Sean. as muggins here will have to install it.

Chris

:getmecoat:

ceedy
30th June 2011, 09:57
Tony Kindly sorted me out!!!

And its working.... ;) sort of ..

Will run for anything from 30 seconds to many minutes .. then it bums out with a Wince message box " Out of memory" ..

Familiar to anyone ??, although it with being a different D-Din its specs are probably diferent ... i.e less ram ???

IGo 8 runs faultlessly.:shrug:

Chris

tony_fry
1st July 2011, 10:26
Tony Kindly sorted me out!!!

And its working.... ;) sort of ..

Will run for anything from 30 seconds to many minutes .. then it bums out with a Wince message box " Out of memory" ..

Familiar to anyone ??, although it with being a different D-Din its specs are probably diferent ... i.e less ram ???

IGo 8 runs faultlessly.:shrug:

Chris

Chris

Try using just the standard voice NOT the TTS voices, Primo is more memory intensive than iGO for some reason.

The Mk 1 (WinCe5) Sean DD unit only has 64mb of memory the Mk2 RDS/TMC (WinCe6) ha 124Mb of memory, so everything will run a lot smother.

I don't know what memory your unit has.

rovexCDTi
1st July 2011, 22:15
Been trying a slightly newer version on Primo v1.2 (9.2.1.179499) , it has the 'old' interface. Is the version we have a custom version?

Been playing with sys.txt. Cant get hi-res to work, it goes WAY to big.

Incidently i cant get my Primo to shut the hell up! It seems that even when shut down i get warning messages about POIs and .. umm, Speed.. :D

HarryM1BYT
1st July 2011, 22:34
Been trying a slightly newer version on Primo v1.2 (9.2.1.179499) , it has the 'old' interface. Is the version we have a custom version?

Been playing with sys.txt. Cant get hi-res to work, it goes WAY to big.

Incidently i cant get my Primo to shut the hell up! It seems that even when shut down i get warning messages about POIs and .. umm, Speed.. :D

The version most of us are using has a skin, maybe your version lacks the skin?

To shut it down fully, it seems you need to press the virtual off button on the touch screen. A brief press of the actual power button just switches the display screen from Satnav to ICE, but you still hear the satnav's sounds and announcements.

rovexCDTi
1st July 2011, 22:37
Yes i thought i had! Ive turned everything off all sounds, all warning settings but its still doing it.

I think i prefer the 'older' skin, its more attractive. Im looking for other skins and maybe other programs.

vindaloo
2nd July 2011, 06:23
I'm using Tony's Sugarsync version & when I first inserted the card it displayed the new Start-up skin which I like but each time I've used it since the 'old' start-up screen has loaded, how do I get it back to the 'new' start-up please?

I don't have anything else on the card but the Sugarsync files. What's the name of the 'new' skin?

vindaloo
4th July 2011, 11:44
Nobody got any ideas on this?

rovexCDTi
4th July 2011, 15:26
Dont know but i have killed the warning messages now, i edited the sys.txt file and set speed warnings to 0. This did the trick!

chazstace
1st October 2011, 16:31
Hi Guys,

Has anyone managed to get "Manual" tuning for the TMC, as TMC is sent over classic FM here in the UK.

It would seem that Primo currently scans a bit to quickly and skips the all important station, if we could lock it to 100.9 I think we would get better traffic reception.

I did find this on another forum but have been anable to get it to work.

Well - there is no TRICK - I just need to pick out the relevant changes, since I tried several.
As I only did it for 480x272, I'll post the essential mods for some other active DATA modder to include them:

First thing - status display: edit ui_igo9\480_272\ui\tmc_480_272.ui and comment out the first line to add the 2 other lines (please change the position for other resolutions)
CODE: SELECT ALL
; <TEXT xxx class="txt_12bd" x=257 y=150 w=195 textmodel_wstr="tmc.current_station_frequency">
<TEXT xxx class="txt_12bd" x=257 y=145 w=195 textmodel_wstr="tmc.current_station_name">
<TEXT xxx class="txt_12bd" x=257 y=160 w=195 textmodel_wstr="tmc.state">

Second - manual tuning...
Unfortunately I was not able to place multiple commands in the MORE menu without creating a separate script. But for usability it is useful to close the menu after tapping one command - although the manual stepping is very hard this way, but I did not want to change too much UI - it would be better to put some buttons on the screen.
Here we go - edit some (decrypted) LUA file, i.e. ui_igo9\common\ui\tmc.lua and add those scripts:
sc_RaffkeTest_Up = function()
MODEL.tmc.tuner_step_up()
sc_close_local_menu()
end

sc_RaffkeTest_Down = function()
MODEL.tmc.tuner_step_down()
sc_close_local_menu()
end

sc_RaffkeTest_SearchUp = function()
MODEL.tmc.tuner_search_up()
sc_close_local_menu()
end

sc_RaffkeTest_SearchDown = function()
MODEL.tmc.tuner_search_down()
sc_close_local_menu()
end

sc_RaffkeTest_Auto = function()
if MODEL.tmc.auto_tuning() == true then
MODEL.tmc.auto_tuning = false
else
MODEL.tmc.auto_tuning = true
end
sc_close_local_menu()
end

Afterwards edit ui_igo9\common\ui\variable_def.ui to add the additional rows in TrafficSummaryLocalMenu:
<userlist TrafficSummaryLocalMenu text="str" icon="str" onrelease="str" enabled="bool">
<row text="Tune Up" icon="ico_tmcdetails_up_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_Up" enabled=(1)>
<row text="Tune Down" icon="ico_tmcdetails_down_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_Down" enabled=(1)>
<row text="Search Up" icon="ico_tmcdetails_up_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_SearchUp" enabled=(1)>
<row text="Search Down" icon="ico_tmcdetails_down_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_SearchDown" enabled=(1)>
<row text="Toogle Auto-Tuner ON" icon="ico_TmcReceiver_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_Auto" enabled=(!%tmc.auto_tuning)>
<row text="Toogle Auto-Tuner OFF" icon="ico_TmcReceiver_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_Auto" enabled=(%tmc.auto_tuning)>
<row text="Traffic Settings" icon="ico_Settings_mid.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_LocalMenuOpenTrafficSettings" enabled=(1)>
</userlist>

HarryM1BYT
1st October 2011, 16:56
My guess is, that as it scans through the frequencies those it finds it adds to its list of frequencies carrying TMC and therefore doesn't scan them again until you next turn it on. It's not much good giving it a single frequency for Classic FM, because the frequency depends upon where you happen to be in the country.

Robson Rover Repair
3rd October 2011, 15:44
Will anyone be doing an update of Primo anytime soon?

I think my copy is around 4/5 months old now and im thinking a new fresh copy might get rid of that "unable to save settings" bug which this has been constant with. :(

Igo8 did it very occasionally also.