PDA

View Full Version : TV antennas.

VVC-Geeza
11th April 2011, 17:36
I wondered if anyone had used an alternative to the two supplied windscreen antennas for the DVB-T TV?

They give a great picture but i think they look a bit of an eye sore personally :eek:

Would a sharks fin work?Or any other less intrusive aerials :)

VVC-Geeza
11th April 2011, 19:57
Would these work?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twin-Car-Freeview-Digital-TV-Tuner-Antenna-Aerial-/200588921640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb4080b28

I reckon they could be tucked into black edging on the front screen if they are suitable.

HarryM1BYT
11th April 2011, 20:12
I wondered if anyone had used an alternative to the two supplied windscreen antennas for the DVB-T TV?

They give a great picture but i think they look a bit of an eye sore personally :eek:

Would a sharks fin work?Or any other less intrusive aerials :)

I reused my original Rover built into the rear screen antennas, so mine looks original. They work maybe slightly better than the supplied ones.

I you have Sean's DD and DVB-T, you will have got the same pair of antennas as I got with mine. They didn't look an eye sore, they can be fitted invisibly in the black part of the rear screen, trapped between screen and roof or D pillar lining.

VVC-Geeza
11th April 2011, 20:22
I you have Sean's DD and DVB-T, you will have got the same pair of antennas as I got with mine. They didn't look an eye sore, they can be fitted invisibly in the black part of the rear screen, trapped between screen and roof or D pillar lining.

Will have another look at the rear screen tomorrow.I agree,they don't look an eye sore when they are invisible :D

VVC-Geeza
11th April 2011, 22:35
Apologies if my description of the supplied antennas sounded a little harsh :o

They work great,i would just prefer it if they could be tucked away out of sight.Will check out the rear screen option.