PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my new DD

vindaloo
13th April 2011, 15:17
I have one of Sean's latest DD's & today it has developed a problem. I used it on a short run today of about 10 miles just to test that Tony's new Primo 1.2 tweaks were working OK. I stopped at my destination for an hour or so then when I switched the ignition on again I got my usual logo and then instead of the Satnav selection screen all I got was a plain blue screen which the slowly changes to a screen which looks like white cloud running over it, then back to the plain screen. If I select GPS from the home screen it simply returns to the blue screen.
I have also noticed that only the rear speakers appear to be working & I can't change the front/rear balance.
I've tried going back to my original SD GPS card supplied with the unit with just the same result.
Anyone any idea what's gone wrong. A bit miffed as I've been on holiday & I've only done about 150 miles since I installed it.
Jim

MARKUK
13th April 2011, 16:14
Looks like you need to remove the power for a couple of hours and that should sort it

vindaloo
13th April 2011, 16:18
Is it OK to disconnect the battery to save removing the unit. I won't mess anything else up, will I?

MARKUK
13th April 2011, 17:11
Nah, you will lose your milage on the trip meter thats about it...

vindaloo
14th April 2011, 14:42
All OK after powering off for approx. 3 hours.

Parker
14th April 2011, 14:50
Often electrical gremlins can be solved by a quick battery reset which in effect is like a PC reboot, generally 30 minutes disconnected does the trick.

Glad your DD is back up and running OK, nothing mor annoying than when a new toys starts playing up:)

vindaloo
20th April 2011, 22:01
Did a 200 mile or so run today & then when arriving back home the DD went into it's blue screen & no sound mode again & I had to disconnect the power & immediately on re-connection it went back to normal.
It seems that it throws a wobbly right at the end of a route just after displaying the route summary, it then requires the removal of power & then reconnection before it returns to normal.
Anyone any idea why this happens as it's a real pain having to disconnect & reconnect the power as I keep losing all my radio presets etc?

HarryM1BYT
20th April 2011, 22:34
Not really much help, but...

I'm running the same version on the Sean DD and I not seeing the problem. I wonder if the software on your card might be corrupted?

What mine does when it destinates, is offer to shut the system down.

taffyduck
4th May 2011, 22:20
Had the same problem last month on my way over to visit the family. Drove from Germany to Dunquerk and just after crossing the border into France Primo kept rebooting its self untill the screen went blue and white. Got to the ferry port, turned the ignition off for about 20mins. When I turned it back on to board the ferry all was well. Got to Dover, drove to Wales without a Problem. However on the way back, Wales to Dover, not a Problem. Got into France set the route for Germany and guess what....It went **** up again. Got over the boarder into Belgum and it worked fine. So I guess my problem is the France map from Teleatlas, will try the Navteq one next time.

baconbuttyman
6th May 2011, 09:11
Did a 200 mile or so run today & then when arriving back home the DD went into it's blue screen & no sound mode again & I had to disconnect the power & immediately on re-connection it went back to normal.
It seems that it throws a wobbly right at the end of a route just after displaying the route summary, it then requires the removal of power & then reconnection before it returns to normal.
Anyone any idea why this happens as it's a real pain having to disconnect & reconnect the power as I keep losing all my radio presets etc?

are you still using the updated primo or an older version

vindaloo
6th May 2011, 09:19
are you still using the updated primo or an older version

Using the latest 1.2