PDA

View Full Version : Caravan Floor

GaryC
15th April 2011, 16:41
When using my 'van for the first time this year i noticed the floor seemed "spongy" by the cooker/fridge..
Thought it was the dreaded damp, but when i lifted the carpet the plywood floor had delaminated. I bought a repair kit from my local caravan spares and it took me a day to repair- dead easy to do-all for £14!
The original carpet was past its best anyway so a new offcut was bought for £70 and took me a day to fit it.
This has transformed the inside of the'van and cost a lot less less than taking it to a dealer who quoted £300..

G

Roverowner
15th April 2011, 17:06
When using my 'van for the first time this year i noticed the floor seemed "spongy" by the cooker/fridge..
Thought it was the dreaded damp, but when i lifted the carpet the plywood floor had delaminated. I bought a repair kit from my local caravan spares and it took me a day to repair- dead easy to do-all for £14!
The original carpet was past its best anyway so a new offcut was bought for £70 and took me a day to fit it.
This has transformed the inside of the'van and cost a lot less less than taking it to a dealer who quoted £300..

G

Just the job. If one is a little handy then it can save a lot of money;)

GaryC
19th April 2011, 18:10
Yes, i was amazed how simple caravans are put together, and to my previously unknown carpet fitting skills!

G

gefary
3rd May 2011, 14:52

G
I have seen the kits on ebay for repairing floors. Which make did you use?
Is there any thing that I need to know before starting ?

GaryC
6th May 2011, 15:51
I bought mine from a local supplier the Makers are Pennine Leisure and it is Type 2525 Green.
My local suppliers have a website www.caravanstuff4u.co.uk (http://www.caravanstuff4u.co.uk) and if you search for delamination kit they supply a oneshot kit of which i used or a professional kit which apparently goes off in about 20 mins!
Full instructions are with it, you can't go wrong..

G

gefary
6th May 2011, 16:33
Many thanks,
Drilled the holes, got the plugs, just got to wait for a cold day.
Found pictures of what to do on
1carpc.co.uk
Wizards Caravan Repair seem to know lots of things about mending old caravans.

v79fcl
9th May 2011, 18:16
Yeah we had this in our Windrush afew years ago. Was all around the front seating area.

We also had to have the chasis welded as its an alminum one and prone to cracking.

I wish I knew about the kit as it cost us alot more then £300 to sort ours out and I could have done it one weekend.

Oh well.