PDA

View Full Version : Program won’t start.

lightpainter
25th July 2007, 20:51
This is a silly question but it’s really bugging me! I can open Photoshop CS2 in my admin log on account and all other account except my guest account, (the one I use to get online).
It goes through the motions of starting and the shows.
“Could not initialize Photoshop because the file is locked. Use the ‘Properties’ command in Windows Explorer to unlock the file”.
Have tried right clicking on all the Photoshop application in explorer all to no avail.
Can’t find any locked files.
Someone please help.

ColinB
25th July 2007, 21:31
Hi Pete, Windows explorer is in the accessories folder from the start menu. Use the left pane to navigate to photoshop (ie my computer, drive C, programs, photoshop), then at the top left of the screen choose file, properties. It should show a window about photoshop. Choose the sharing tab and uncheck the make private box.
Hope this works, Colin

lightpainter
25th July 2007, 22:28
Hi Pete, Windows explorer is in the accessories folder from the start menu. Use the left pane to navigate to photoshop (ie my computer, drive C, programs, photoshop), then at the top left of the screen choose file, properties. It should show a window about photoshop. Choose the sharing tab and uncheck the make private box.
Hope this works, Colin

Thanks for the thought Col but I know how to navigate through Explorer, I just press the Windows key + E to open.
The Photoshop programme is shared on my network so the sharing tab is greyed out.
I just can’t find out which file in Photoshop is locked to unlock it.

BMC123
26th July 2007, 00:50
There is a great little freeware program called "unlocker" that might help?

(Dead link removed)

However, i understood "guest accounts" don't have access to a lot of programs?

r44712
26th July 2007, 12:56
This sounds like an erronous error. The file probably isn't locked at all.

What probably happening is that Windows is trying to access a file that it does not have permission to access (in the Guest account) and becuase it can 'get' it, Photoshop is incorrectly reporting back that it is locked (the same as being inaccessible for whatever reason)

lightpainter
26th July 2007, 15:09
There is a great little freeware program called "unlocker" that might help?

(Dead link removed)

However, i understood "guest accounts" don't have access to a lot of programs?

Thanks for that Brian, that program worked but as you said I kept getting a debug error as a guest, so had to change the account to an admin account temporarily to get it to work.
Cheers Mate!