PDA

View Full Version : 3rd ANNUAL SCOTTISH NATIONAL MEET (Unofficial) - SARR 29th May 2011

derekosb
26th April 2011, 17:36
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/SARR%202011/MyPictures-1.jpg

Once again the Scottish Members of the Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club will be holding an unofficial meet within the Scottish All Rover Rally being held at the Falkirk Wheel again, this year on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th May 2011.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/SARR%202011/1-FalkirkWheel_ROW2681682148_26014.jpg

As this will be the third year in a row the club has met within the SARR and is now firmly established in the club's calendar it has been decided, after checking with the club’s owners, that this can be known as the:
3rd Annual “Unofficial” Scottish National Meet.

This year, after a suggestion from the organisers, there will also be a club prize awarded to the best 75 or ZT in the show, as voted for by all of the attendees on the day.

I am hoping this will become an annual award and be passed on each year.

One of the organising committee is a member on here (p5tgc – Trevor) and posted a thread last month which started the ball rolling (see here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79987)) and from that we have the following members confirmed as attending the Sunday show.

So far:

1. p5tgc
2. Freebyrd - MG ZT-T
3. Derekosb - 75 Sal CDTi
4. Brigus - 75 Tourer
5. GRAHAM1961 - 75 Sal 1.8
6. Tim_Burgess - 75 Sal 1.8
7. Thomas - 75 Sal CDTi
8. francoh20 - MG ZT 1.8t
9. Yella Fella - MG ZT 1.8t
10.Tammyboy - 75 Tourer CDT
11. AldoR - ?
12. Halcyon
13. Bluejon & Jan - 75 Sal
14. Garaidh - 75 Sal
15. STUBIE - 75 Sal

Possibles:

a) Splitshift
b) nivek1605
c) suzublu
d) David5000

All members interested in attending please let me know and I will add you to the list. Please download an entry form from the SARR website (www.sarr.co.uk (http://www.sarr.co.uk/) ) and post your entry and £10 fee to Trevor.

Advance entries are meant to be in by the 1st of May, however late entries are still welcome, although will not be listed in the programme.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/SARR%202011/2007-09-kelpies2.jpg

If anyone also wished to attend the Saturday Road Run to Hopetoun House or the Saturday dinner at The Inn at Longcroft then full details can be found on the SARR website here ( www.sarr.co.uk (http://www.sarr.co.uk/) ) and you should complete the entry form accordingly.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/SARR%202011/tfw_logo-1.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/SARR%202011/Falkirk20Wheel.jpg

Our cars will be entered in Class 6 for Modern Rovers (which includes MG ZT & ZT-T) unless you are a previous winner, in which case you are in the master class.

All cars are to be in place by 10:30 on the Sunday morning.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/SARR%202011/location_map_wheel-1.gif

Last year was excellent (with the exception of Wee Man losing his gazebo:() with well over a 100 cars in attendance and made for a grand day out. Details of last years can be seen here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57483&highlight=SARR+2010)

Hope to see you all on the 29th.:}

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Rover%2075%20Meet%20-%20SARR%2030th%20May%202010/P1030545.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Rover%2075%20Meet%20-%20SARR%2030th%20May%202010/P1030534.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Rover%2075%20Meet%20-%20SARR%2030th%20May%202010/P1030513.jpg

Derek
Regional Secretary

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

derekosb
21st May 2011, 09:27
Hi all,

The 3rd Annual Scottish "unofficial" meet at The Scottish All Rover Rally is next Sunday so time for a bump to see if any more members want to attend.

Whilst it is now too late to be included in the programme, late entry is still possible.

Look forward to seeing you all next weekend.

Derek

Tim_Burgess
21st May 2011, 10:54
Let the waxing commence:D:D

Is a convoy being organised?

versus
21st May 2011, 11:39
superb pictures!:drool4:

pab
21st May 2011, 12:36
Unfortunatly I won't be able to attend this meet,I would like to pass on my best wishes to the Scottish members,and hope to catch up with you all in the near future..

derekosb
21st May 2011, 12:56
Let the waxing commence:D:D

Is a convoy being organised?

Not the best weather for waxing today :(

If there is an appetite for a convoy I'm sure one can be arranged :D:D

superb pictures!:drool4:

Thank you. Some are aerial shots from the web and the ones of many Rovers are from last year's rally.

Unfortunatly I won't be able to attend this meet,I would like to pass on my best wishes to the Scottish members,and hope to catch up with you all in the near future..

Hi Paul,

Thanks for letting us know and sorry you can't make it but hopefully catch up with you at some point in the not too distant future (Gretna maybe? :})

Derek

STUBIE
21st May 2011, 13:04
I am hoping barring any last minute issues I will be visiting my mother in Livingston over the bank holiday weekend so I should be able to make it along.

Stubs

derekosb
21st May 2011, 13:12
I am hoping barring any last minute issues I will be visiting my mother in Livingston over the bank holiday weekend so I should be able to make it along.

Stubs

Excellent Stubs, be good to catch up with you again. Let me know as soon as you are sure and we organise the convoys. Be able to pick you up at Livingston petrol station again along with Francoh20.

Derek

Tim_Burgess
21st May 2011, 16:22

Sorry to hear that Paul, you will be missed. Hope to catch up soon

nivek1605
21st May 2011, 17:11
hi there, havent been around long and my zt is daily use not a show piece but I fancy tagging along, whats the etiquette???

Tim_Burgess
21st May 2011, 17:20
hi there, havent been around long and my zt is daily use not a show piece but I fancy tagging along, whats the etiquette???

Hello and welcome,

There's no etiquette. You can turn up on the day and "pay and display".

derekosb
21st May 2011, 21:56

Hi Kevin and welcome to the club. As Tim says not really any etiquette to worry about. Mine is a daily use car too so is never exactly immaculate.

Let me know if you can make it and we can let the SARR organisers know, just pay your £10 on the day.

BTW, your car may well belong to a member on here who changed to an Alfa. Does your car have a colour coded dashboard?

If it does it will be Tazman3's old car.

Hope to see you next weekend :}

Derek

75tourer
22nd May 2011, 14:31
Hi- I might be able to manage as well but wont know until the Saturday. Would it be OK to turn up unannounced and pay at the gate? Again my car wont be a showpiece as it does a fair few miles every week but hopefully it would get a quick wash before the run down and a good clean inside. :)

derekosb
22nd May 2011, 18:38
Hi- I might be able to manage as well but wont know until the Saturday. Would it be OK to turn up unannounced and pay at the gate? Again my car wont be a showpiece as it does a fair few miles every week but hopefully it would get a quick wash before the run down and a good clean inside. :)

Hi Calum,

Yes, no problem, we have had a few members do that in the past. If you do know on the Saturday you can let us know here and I can alert the organisers to expect a "pay at the gate" attendee.

Hope you can make it and we will see you on Sunday. :}

Derek

Thomas
23rd May 2011, 20:17
fingers crossed the weather picks up!

derekosb
23rd May 2011, 20:28
fingers crossed the weather picks up!

This should have blown through by the weekend Thomas (please........:()

Definitely fingers crossed though. Today's weather would be a disaster at the Falkirk Wheel being a somewhat exposed site!!

Derek

Thomas
23rd May 2011, 20:35
was just thinking that , last year was a bit exposed wasnt it?

derekosb
23rd May 2011, 21:54
was just thinking that , last year was a bit exposed wasnt it?

Yeah, felt really bad when Tommy's gazebo got destroyed in the breeze. Can't imagine it would last long in this "breeze" :o

Derek

derekosb
23rd May 2011, 22:07
In conjunction with the organisers of the SARR the 75 & ZT Owners Club is awarding a prize to the Best 75 or ZT at the show this year, as voted by all the owners at the Rally.

I have provided a small trophy and the club has provided a grille badge for the winner.

Best of luck for Sunday.

This is the trophy:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/SARR%202011/SARRPrize.jpg

Derek

Brigus
24th May 2011, 13:44
That's very good of you Derek. A nice idea and nice looking trophy.

pab
24th May 2011, 17:00
In conjunction with the organisers of the SARR the 75 & ZT Owners Club is awarding a prize to the Best 75 or ZT at the show this year, as voted by all the owners at the Rally.

I have provided a small trophy and the club has provided a grille badge for the winner.

Best of luck for Sunday.

This is the trophy:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/SARR%202011/SARRPrize.jpg

Derek what a splended looking trophy,good job I can't make this meet because my name would be the first on it :getmecoat:

Nice one Derek..

derekosb
26th May 2011, 10:13
Thanks Scott & Paul,

Shame you can't make it on Sunday Paul as you would you might have had a chance.......:p:

I am now also in receipt of my Regional Secretary pack containing various club shop items. I will therefore have available to purchase on Sunday (in limited quantities) Club keyrings, tax disc holders, window stickers, iron on badges, pin lapel badges and grille badges.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/images/ClubBadgesSelectionPrice-Smaller.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/TaxdischoldersClub.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/images/club_banner_v7_uk.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/images/club_banner_v7_scotland.jpg

As quantities are limited, if anyone wishes to place an order in advance please drop me a PM and I can keep one for you. For example I only have 3 grille badges.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Anyone up for some convoys to Falkirk on Sunday morning?? :} :}

Derek

STUBIE
26th May 2011, 11:44
I can confirm my attendance on Sunday.

Stubs

derekosb
26th May 2011, 11:49
I can confirm my attendance on Sunday.

Stubs

Hi Stubs,

Thanks for that and look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Derek

Garaidh
26th May 2011, 19:22
Hi Derek

I can confirm too, look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Your new trophy looks great - that is very good of you to set up :} !

Don't think I'll have time to do any waxing in time, though!

Cheers
Gary

Thomas
26th May 2011, 19:26
Hi Derek

Cheers
Gary

I wouldnt worry about that! my car is filthy, it may get a quick wash (if its lucky) but not much more!

75tourer
26th May 2011, 19:27
Hi folks- a few posts back i said I might manage on Sunday but plans have been scuppered- I will attend a meet later in the year- Hope the sun shines for you- Cheers

Tim_Burgess
26th May 2011, 21:30
I'm up for a convoy - where and what time do you want to meet?

derekosb
26th May 2011, 21:37
Hi Derek

Cheers
Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for that and look forward to seeing you again.

I wouldnt worry about that! my car is filthy, it may get a quick wash (if its lucky) but not much more!

I have the same problem Thomas :getmecoat:

Hi folks- a few posts back i said I might manage on Sunday but plans have been scuppered- I will attend a meet later in the year- Hope the sun shines for you- Cheers

Hi Calum,

Okay and thanks for letting us know. Keep an eye out for details of the Gretna meet, probably end of July, and the Monster Machines in September and Loch Lomond in November.

Hope to catch you at one of the above.

Derek

derekosb
26th May 2011, 21:40
I'm up for a convoy - where and what time do you want to meet?

Hi Tim,

I was thinking Glasgow Fort again? Need to be at the Wheel for 10:30.

What do you think? Anyone else?

Derek

suzublu
26th May 2011, 21:43
Getting withdrawal symptoms for Scottish air Derek,might have a trip up if it's not too late:shrug:

derekosb
26th May 2011, 21:57
Getting withdrawal symptoms for Scottish air Derek,might have a trip up if it's not too late:shrug:

Never too late my friend if you are up for it!! Bluejon is stopping up on the Saturday in the local Premier Inn or would you just drive up on the Sunday morning?

You can pay at the gate on the day I'm sure.

Derek

suzublu
26th May 2011, 22:01
Hmm,sat night sounds good.Where is the premier?Should ask John really,sorry

derekosb
26th May 2011, 22:05
Hmm,sat night sounds good.Where is the premier?Should ask John really,sorry

As it happens John checked location with me before he booked in. I believe he will be at Falkirk Central Premier Inn as it is only 1.7 miles from the wheel.

If you are coming up we can meet you and John on Sunday morning to head to the wheel?

Derek

suzublu
26th May 2011, 22:07
I'll check it out Derek & let you know.Why do i get excited about Scotland:shrug:Been there,got the T shirt etc:shrug:

Graham1961
26th May 2011, 22:59
I'll check it out Derek & let you know.Why do i get excited about Scotland:shrug:Been there,got the T shirt etc:shrug: It's the weather you love Ronnie:getmecoat:.....was hoping you would change your mind:D

David5000
26th May 2011, 23:21
Derek, could you please add me to your "possibles" list please.

derekosb
27th May 2011, 06:22
Derek, could you please add me to your "possibles" list please.

Hi David,

Certainly and hope you can manage along. :}

Derek

Tim_Burgess
27th May 2011, 14:18
Hi Tim,

I was thinking Glasgow Fort again? Need to be at the Wheel for 10:30.

What do you think? Anyone else?

Derek

Glasgow Fort is fine with me. 8:45 / 9:00 ish?

suzublu
27th May 2011, 15:29
Got to dip out i'm afraid Derek,Fitting the exhaust has left my fuel tokens a bit low,along with the contents of my tank.Sorry:shrug: Ronnie

derekosb
27th May 2011, 16:09
Glasgow Fort is fine with me. 8:45 / 9:00 ish?

Hi Tim,

That's grand and I'll see you there, usual spot in the Morrisons car park.

Any more for a convoy run?

Thomas, Halcyon, Yella Fella?

Derek

derekosb
27th May 2011, 16:11
Got to dip out i'm afraid Derek,Fitting the exhaust has left my fuel tokens a bit low,along with the contents of my tank.Sorry:shrug: Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

No need to apologise mate :}. Fully understand as these things are sent to try us!! It would have been good to see you again but I'm sure we'll see you later in the year. Gretna probably?? :shrug:

Derek

suzublu
27th May 2011, 16:16
Hi Ronnie,

No need to apologise mate :}. Fully understand as these things are sent to try us!! It would have been good to see you again but I'm sure we'll see you later in the year. Gretna probably?? :shrug:

Derek
Deffo Gretna Derek.:bowdown:

derekosb
27th May 2011, 16:22
Deffo Gretna Derek.:bowdown:

Cool :}. I'll have a chat with Bluejon on Sunday and see if we can get that set up. How does the end of July suit you? (24th or 31st? possibly)

Derek

suzublu
27th May 2011, 16:48
Any time suits me mate,i've got a very large window af availability:D

Yella Fella
27th May 2011, 18:42
Hi Tim,

Any more for a convoy run?

Thomas, Halcyon, Yella Fella?

Derek

Derek, I'll see you guys at the Wheel. I have a mate who wants to come along and i'll be picking him up at Larbert.

derekosb
27th May 2011, 18:49
Derek, I'll see you guys at the Wheel. I have a mate who wants to come along and i'll be picking him up at Larbert.

Cheers for letting me know Glen and see you on Sunday.

Derek

Wakarikid
27th May 2011, 20:33
Just wondering if many cars heading thru to Hopetoun House on Saturday? Would love to head along on Sunday however working.

Thomas
27th May 2011, 20:34
Sitting here in Falkirk looking out my flats window and its miserable outside! really hope the weather picks up! :(

derekosb
27th May 2011, 21:24
Just wondering if many cars heading thru to Hopetoun House on Saturday? Would love to head along on Sunday however working.

Hi Richard and welcome to the club. Sorry you are working Sunday. Not sure how many of our members are doing the Saturday run, none that I am aware of other than p5tgc, however he is one of the organisers of the Rally. I'm sure you would be welcome amongst all the Rovers.

Hoprfully you can make a meet later in the year.

Sitting here in Falkirk looking out my flats window and its miserable outside! really hope the weather picks up! :(

Let's hope so as I don't fancy this weather much on the exposed car park at Falkirk................:(

Derek

Tim_Burgess
27th May 2011, 23:07
Here's hoping for some more benign weather on Sunday. The forecast doesn't look too bad, but I find that the best way to judge the weather is to open the curtains on the day and look for myself.

francoh20
28th May 2011, 21:29
Hope the weather gives us a break tomorrow!! I'll come thro and meet you s at morrisons. Who else is meeting for the convoy in?

Thomas
28th May 2011, 21:30
did anyone manage to wash their car? I was going to but decided to fit a new halfshaft to the Land Rover instead :getmecoat:

derekosb
28th May 2011, 21:54
Hope the weather gives us a break tomorrow!! I'll come thro and meet you s at morrisons. Who else is meeting for the convoy in?

Hi Franco,

Excellent. At the moment it's just Tim and I. You could maybe meet up with Stubie at Livingston before coming through to the Fort? Stubs?

did anyone manage to wash their car? I was going to but decided to fit a new halfshaft to the Land Rover instead :getmecoat:

I managed to get the car washed between showers but never got it hoovered as I had hoped.:o:o

Then I got dragged to the shops..........:(

Derek

francoh20
28th May 2011, 22:14
Hi Derek, the shops!!! Thats not good you should tell the wife to get out and Hoover it since she dragged you round the shops ha ha. I got mine washed hoovered and even pollished all be it minus the premium grill!! See you at petrol station then.

Tim_Burgess
28th May 2011, 22:20
did anyone manage to wash their car?

Oh yeah! But what state it'll be in by the time we get to Falkirk is anyone's guess:shrug:

FLYER
28th May 2011, 22:32
Have a great day folks , lookslike the weather will be ok tmw [well thats what the forecast said]:D

Bluejon
28th May 2011, 22:52
Hi Derek,

Sorry,i'm a wee bit late letting you know,Jan & I didn't travel up today Sat as origionaly planned,will be travelling up in the morning,we're hoping to set off at 0700,sattie has us coming up the M74,what time & where are you guys planning to meet?

Best Regards.

John.

derekosb
28th May 2011, 23:15
Hi Derek,

Sorry,i'm a wee bit late letting you know,Jan & I didn't travel up today Sat as origionaly planned,will be travelling up in the morning,we're hoping to set off at 0700,sattie has us coming up the M74,what time & where are you guys planning to meet?

Best Regards.

John.

Hi John,

Okay and thanks for letting me know.

A few of us are meeting at 8:45/9:00 in the Morrisons Supermarket car park at Glasgow Fort Retail Park. This is directly off the M8 on the outskirts of Glasgow at Junction 10. I assume you will come straight up the M74 so take the M8 into Glasgow and come at Junction 10 (Easterhouse) and head in to Glasgow Fort retail park. You will see Morrisons up on the left as you come in to the park.

Hopefully see you in the morning. Let me know if you will make that meeting point?

I'll PM you my mobile number in case you need it.

Derek

derekosb
29th May 2011, 06:35
Well good morning all and here's hoping for an improvement in the weather as it's a pretty miserable start to the day.............:(:(

Hopefully brighten up as we have always had decent weather for the SARR. See everyone either a Glasgow Fort or at the Wheel.

Derek

tricia1470
29th May 2011, 07:03
Have fun today guys

derekosb
29th May 2011, 07:05
Have fun today guys

Thanks Tricia, shame you can't make it but hopefully catch you at another meet. :}

Derek

francoh20
29th May 2011, 07:07
Morning!!! Better look out the waterproofs and tartan shawl I think! Seen youz soon

tricia1470
29th May 2011, 07:52
Well I am going to the South Queensferry mini meet :-)

Departed 32016
29th May 2011, 14:39
Weird thought I would visit in the tf and right now at the falkirk wheel there is no sign of the sarr or any 75s??

pab
29th May 2011, 14:56
Weird thought I would visit in the tf and right now at the falkirk wheel there is no sign of the sarr or any 75s??i take it your in the lower car park,make your way up towards the wheel to the top over spill car park..

splitshift
29th May 2011, 15:40
Guys, I visited today, lots of lovely cars, that yellow zt is georgeous ! I am now gettin a splitter for mine ! Met a few people who didnt know who I was, some did, everyone treated me well and were all very happy to natter about cars ! If the owner of that Rover 16 wants to swap for my zt..............:drool4:
Never mind the rain or wind !
Scott

STUBIE
29th May 2011, 15:44
I didn't find the car park but parked in the public one, had a look around the cars but rather windy so didn't stay long. Some lovely looking cars.

Stubs

Freebyrd
29th May 2011, 16:23
It was a wee bit windy, 60mph:confused: and a bit wet from time to time. Good turn out of 75's and Zt's along with some very tasty Rovers.

Departed 32016
29th May 2011, 16:26
Well found it just as everyone was leaving... Good to see the cars and will be at the next meet on a Sunday if my other half doesn't give birth first!

francoh20
29th May 2011, 18:28
Hi guys another great day out and some very very nice cars. Weather could have been better but at least the company and the cars made up for it. Congrats to our 1st 2nd and 3rd places well deserved!! Was great seeing everyone again and hope to see you all soon. Look forward to seeing some pictures

Thomas
29th May 2011, 19:08
Brilliant day out gents, was great to get a chat with everyone and see some lovely cars!
Would also like to thank everyone who voted for my dad's Vitesse, he was stunned when his name was read out as a class winner as he always goes just to see everyone elses cars, he actually had a tear in his eye!

Unfortunately no pictures from me as im still using an old fashioned 36mm camera!

Yella Fella
29th May 2011, 19:24
Nice to meet everyone today :)

Here are some of my pictures . . .

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8821/sarr111.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7933/sarr112.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6332/sarr113.jpg

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1334/sarr115.jpg

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8384/sarr116.jpg

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/6634/sarr117.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2696/sarr118.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2759/sarr119.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4086/sarr1110.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4797/sarr1112.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/779/sarr1113.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6029/sarr1114.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/821/sarr1115.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1369/sarr1117.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9563/sarr1118.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1473/sarr1119.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/152/sarr1120.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1363/sarr1121.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4376/sarr1122.jpg

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3240/sarr1123.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/314/sarr1124.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5133/sarr1125.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5200/sarr1126.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2822/sarr1127.jpg

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/1940/sarr1128.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9407/sarr1129.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/196/sarr1130.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5885/sarr1131.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7395/sarr1132.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8048/sarr1133.jpg

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1397/sarr1134.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9507/sarr1135.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3775/sarr1136.jpg

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/540/sarr1137.jpg

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8235/sarr1138.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2023/sarr1139.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5473/sarr1142.jpg
FRANCO wins a raffle! WD40 x 3 BIG tins :}

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9611/sarr1141.jpg
Graham wins Class 6 (Modern Rover Cars) with his lovley Rover 75.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8907/sarr1146.jpg
Grahams car goes in for selection for 'Car of the show' along with the winners of the other Classes.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7084/sarr1144.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/222/sarr1143.jpg

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3678/sarr1145.jpg
Well done Graham :clap:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2841/sarr1149.jpg
Car of the Show as voted by the judges.

:)

suzublu
29th May 2011, 19:37
Well done Graham,richly deserved.Franco,what have you done to your wheels?:shrug::D

FLYER
29th May 2011, 20:07
Well deserved graham , your car is without a doubt the nicest example ive seen in my 6 years of rover ownership .

Excellent pictures BTW yella fella .:D

Freebyrd
29th May 2011, 20:13
Well deserved 1st place Graham, and Glenn (Yella Fella) for 2nd, and I was well pleased with 3rd place (with my cracked windscreen ZT-T). It made suffering the weather much more bearable:D

Thomas
29th May 2011, 20:17
Well deserved 1st place Graham, and Glenn (Yella Fella) for 2nd, and I was well pleased with 3rd place (with my cracked windscreen ZT-T). It made suffering the weather much more bearable:D

well done guys your cars deserved it! :}

Tim_Burgess
29th May 2011, 22:39
Another excellent result for the club. Congratulations to Graham, Glenn and Brian, very well deserved. Oh, and Franco as well; you can never have enough WD40:D

Here are a few of my Pics:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR1110.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR119.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR118.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR117.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR116.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR115.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR114.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR113.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR1111.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR112.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR111.jpg

David5000
29th May 2011, 23:02
Lovely day out, apart from the awful weather. Good to see you guys again, and see all the effort made to make all your cars outstanding. See you at the next meet. Cheers David.

Brigus
30th May 2011, 00:08
Nice to see you folks again. Good company and a fun day.

(How did all these nice pics miss the horizontal rain)

See you next time.

Bluejon
30th May 2011, 00:40
Jan & I would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks to everyone concerned,which includes Derek,for arranging members of our club to attend the SARR.

Special thanks to those concerned for enabling us to meet up with some old friends,& indeed hopefully some new ones.We both had a very enjoyable day,even the weather,which tried it's best,could not marr the day for us viewing all the splendid cars on show,in a truly marvelous setting.

Last but by no means least,many congratulations to all class winners,which includes the three members from our club,namely Graham, Glenn & Brian respectively,very well done lads,very well deserved.

Finally we would like to add some pics of our group of cars,sincere apologies if anyone was missed.

Very Best Regards to you all

John & Jan.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/100a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/098a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/105a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/094a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/117a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/118a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/101a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/103a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/111a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/093a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/095a-1.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/096a-1.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/097a-1.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/085a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/074a-3.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/104a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/138a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/075a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/084a.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/073a.jpg.

WeeMan
30th May 2011, 07:15
:} Sorry I missed this guys!, great looking turnout aswell. Derek how smart is your car looking now! ;)

Hope to meet up again at a future event

derekosb
30th May 2011, 08:20
:} Sorry I missed this guys!, great looking turnout aswell. Derek how smart is your car looking now! ;)

Hope to meet up again at a future event

Tommy!! Where you been man??

Funnily enough you were the subject of discussion yesterday as we were wondering where you were :}

Shame you missed yesterday. The wind was worse than last year so the gazebo story was discussed.....:( :(

Good to see you are still around mate and keep an eye out for a Largs chippy run sometime soon and Gretna at the end of July.

Oh, and thank you :o, car is starting to get where I want it. I have Projectors, bullets, door finishers and new gaiters all in my boot to get fitted but you know me, handless. Need to get to a Nano Meet :o.

How you doing anyway? :}

Derek

jockey-160
30th May 2011, 08:48
looked like a great day out guys sorry i missed it i was at the juniors cup finial at Livingston stadium. (no excuse) lol.
i will defo need to come to the next one.
FRANCO the car suits the chrome side sills very nice mate. looks like you have been polishing that all day lol.
cheers
john

pab
30th May 2011, 09:15
Looked a great day,and some fantastic pictures.

Well done Graham on winning the class,I've had the pleasure of supplying and fitting a few items to this car

Hope to catch up with you all at the Gretna meet..oh and Derek I will assist you in fitting those parts.

Freebyrd
30th May 2011, 09:37
looked like a great day out guys sorry i missed it i was at the juniors cup finial at Livingston stadium. (no excuse) lol.
i will defo need to come to the next one.
FRANCO the car suits the chrome side sills very nice mate. looks like you have been polishing that all day lol.
cheers
john
Franco had the rubber gloves on before he took his jacket off, was scrubbing his tyres before most of the others arrived:D:D:D With the amount of WD40 he won in the raffle he could park his car in the Clyde and it would come out dry:p::p::p:

jockey-160
30th May 2011, 10:36
Franco had the rubber gloves on before he took his jacket off, was scrubbing his tyres before most of the others arrived:D:D:D With the amount of WD40 he won in the raffle he could park his car in the Clyde and it would come out dry:p::p::p:

lol i agree he is some boy. he has spent a fourtune on it. but it looks good for it:).
cheers
john

Tim_Burgess
30th May 2011, 11:47
Excellent pictures BTW yella fella .:D

Agreed. Glenn, that pic of your ZT in front of the Wheel has got to be 2012 Calendar material

Tim_Burgess
30th May 2011, 12:02
A couple of pics from my journey home - when the raion stopped and the sun came out:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR1113.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/SARR1114.jpg

FLYER
30th May 2011, 12:09
Agreed. Glenn, that pic of your ZT in front of the Wheel has got to be 2012 Calendar material

Grand set of pics from you and bluejon aswell TIM.:D

derekosb
30th May 2011, 16:08
Glenn's photos are so good I have not even bothered posting mine as they simply are inferior. :o

Some fantastic pictures there Glenn :bowdown:

Derek

Yella Fella
30th May 2011, 16:56
Glenn's photos are so good I have not even bothered posting mine as they simply are inferior. :o

Some fantastic pictures there Glenn :bowdown:

Derek

Aww shucks. Thanks. Great pictures from everyone really.

Derek, thanks for organising, it was a great day. Shame the numbers were down from last year but maybe the organisers will consider the MGF and TF cars for next year :shrug: It may mean another Class to judge though! If the SARR organisers would accept another MGR model, then I can put this to our group to see if they would be interested for 2012 :shrug:.

Glenn

keithybhoy
31st May 2011, 20:06
Looks like it was a good day for all you guys who made it wish i could of made it but heyho there is always next year.
My shade of red would of looked good in that line up too.There was some nice 75/ZTs in attendance might make mine look kinda shabby lol :p:

Thomas
31st May 2011, 20:06
Looks like it was a good for all you guys who made it wish i could of made it but heyho there is always next year.

My shade of red would of looked good in that line up too.There was some nice 75/ZTs in attendance might make mine look kinda shabby lol :p:

you could park next to me.......then there would be two shabby cars! :D :getmecoat:

keithybhoy
31st May 2011, 22:17
i knew i saw you checking it out as you left my work,us to shabbys can stick together lol :p:
PS are you going to the next queensferry meet on the 17th

Tam
31st May 2011, 23:13
Now a shabby award thats an idea!! i would have a chance in that category:D Enjoyed my day to Falkirk , not particularly the weather but never mind its been worse!!
It was an intresting day, taking 2 cars and with the P6 running like a dog on the way home it swallowed a fair bit of fuel, but at least it gave me an excuse to fit the electronic ignition, which has sorted it out.:}
Hope to see you all later in year some time , cheers Tam.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-02lKKI5p0EY/TeKXhLHe39I/AAAAAAAAHks/oPqXj-9IwjY/s800/29052011940.JPG

This unassuming P6 below was the star of the show for me as it is known as number 100, being chassis no. 100 and was one of the two P6's used at the official launch of the P6 in 1963. It wasn't registered for the road untill 1965 as rover kept it as a development vehicle and show vehicle untill then.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-PJdNPVvNiOY/TeKYB13a03I/AAAAAAAAHl4/MTUx0cc7ogc/s800/29052011959.JPG

Thomas
1st June 2011, 19:05
i knew i saw you checking it out as you left my work,us to shabbys can stick together lol :p:
PS are you going to the next queensferry meet on the 17th

I will try but will probably have to give it a miss due to a busy schedule! :mad: and yes I had a good look as I left your work :}

p5tgc
1st June 2011, 19:24
Congratulations to all who braved the gales and rain at The Falkirk Wheel for this year's SARR. The inclusion of the modern Rovers (and ZTs) has been a genuine benefit to the rally, and I hope that as time goes by we can get even more Rover cars from the Honda and BMW eras. That 800 Coupe was a real gem, and showed what a great looking car Rover could produce when they tried.

I am sure that no-one would object to the appearance of MG F and TFs as individual entrants, although I would have thought there were sufficient MG specific events already. The same goes for the "Rover" branded minis, but 200, 400, 600 and 800 series, come on down (especially Rover~BRM 200s!)

I personally would welcome MG saloons (of any vintage) at our event as I suspect they are probably heavily outnumbered at MG club events. I have fond memories of my time as owner of a '55 ZA Magnette (before it dissolved in the rain) and would like to see more of them around.

Tin Tops Rule OK!

I should add that the above is my personal opinion, and it may not reflect that of any other member of the SARR committee, or the committee as a whole.

Thomas
1st June 2011, 19:27
anymore photos anyone? I had a camera....unfortunately its a 36mm camera lol :getmecoat:

Yella Fella
2nd June 2011, 18:56
I am sure that no-one would object to the appearance of MG F and TFs as individual entrants, although I would have thought there were sufficient MG specific events already. The same goes for the "Rover" branded minis, but 200, 400, 600 and 800 series, come on down (especially Rover~BRM 200s!)

I should add that the above is my personal opinion, and it may not reflect that of any other member of the SARR committee, or the committee as a whole.

That good to hear that MGFs and TFs may be welcome. I agree, there are loads of MG events throughout the year, however my group are quite specific in the events they attended last year and this year. 2011 is really the first year where we were organised as a group to attend events/shows. During 2010 we attended the Glamis Extravaganza and Scone Palace for the first time and we'll do the same again this year, however I think we could do one or two more shows and thought SARR would fit the bill for us, as long as this is Ok for SARR also.

Here is a link to our group (MGFreedom) forum http://mg-freedom.proboards.com/index.cgi?

AldoR
6th June 2011, 15:13
Well just to add congratulation to the winners and well done to all who turned up to the show:D. I am still without a car at the moment:(