PDA

View Full Version : How to reset DD (Radioguy)

Albion
6th May 2011, 08:47
Hi,

Installed the DD and no problem until I played around with it :} .

Wheel controls were OK, but now it seems there gone for some reason.

Asked Sean to help me out and he advised to reset the DD.

can you reset without disconnect the battery?

Thx for advise,
Jan

baconbuttyman
6th May 2011, 09:08
Hi,

Installed the DD and no problem until I played around with it :} .

Wheel controls were OK, but now it seems there gone for some reason.

Asked Sean to help me out and he advised to reset the DD.

can you reset without disconnect the battery?

Thx for advise,
Jan

look for a little pin hole on the face of the unit, a paper clip is ideal for this job, it should say RST next to it, push the clip into the hole and press the button inside with the clip. this will reset the system, no the battery doesnt have to be cut :D:D

Albion
6th May 2011, 09:31
look for a little pin hole on the face of the unit, a paper clip is ideal for this job, it should say RST next to it, push the clip into the hole and press the button inside with the clip. this will reset the system, no the battery doesnt have to be cut :D:D

Ahh, okido will have a try later on the day, already had a "RTFM" break ;) but no
solution found.Must I switch "on" device or just switch the car key in position II?

Thx for advise,
Jan (Albion)

baconbuttyman
6th May 2011, 15:02
Switch on stereo to ensure its done

Albion
6th May 2011, 15:22
Switch on stereo to ensure its done

One more, just to be sure I don't have to send it back to reinstall every data set-up on it.....when I reset the unit it will go in the state I received it, yes? Nothing more nothing less?

Thanks for advice, :bowdown:
Jan

MARKUK
6th May 2011, 15:39
Yes, just resets to factory settings...

HarryM1BYT
6th May 2011, 16:27
Yes, just resets to factory settings...

You will then need to reconfigure everything - The satnav, so it knows which file and where to run as boots up, your wheel switches, all of your radio stations.

MARKUK
6th May 2011, 16:31
Harry,

I have never had to re configure my Steering wheel when I have reset in the past....

HarryM1BYT
6th May 2011, 16:47
Harry,

I have never had to re configure my Steering wheel when I have reset in the past....

Too be fair, I only tried the reset once to test it - I have not had to do it in earnest. I stand corrected.

MARKUK
6th May 2011, 16:49
Happy to oblige Harry ! :D