PDA

View Full Version : Double din unit? Back button? and a few more questions?

Alex30013k
6th May 2011, 15:53
Just a few things had my double din unit for a day now,
Just got a few niggles......

When you select a song from your iPod and then you decide you don't like that song is there a back button? So you can go back to the albums again or do you have to unplug the iPod?

Also does the unit support album art? Because the picture flashes when you change song?

Also the lould button? Is it me or could that button useless? They should of made it a home button or a key that you might use?

Also I except that the unit doesnt remember where you left off fom last time using your iPod but is there any way they could make it just shuffle the songs and play any thing rather than just do nothing?

Last but it least is there a thread that explains what these skins are? I see that u can put skins on but for what reason and where?

Also I have had a double din unit for years and now I've swapped to this other one My reverse camera quality looks pants? Do I need to change the picture type or something? Or do I need to buy a camera that works with the head unit better?

Most important question is the back button?

Over all the build of the unit is very good! Just the interface is something i will have to get use too?

Teflon
6th May 2011, 16:25
Hi Alex,

There is a "back" button for the iPod, but it is cunningly (and inconviniently) hidden!

With the iPod interface displayed on screen, tap in the top right hand side of the screen. This will bring up a menu bar along the bottom of the screen. On this menu bar, tap the far right button twice (it moves the buttons along to show more) and you should see a button marked "Menu". This will take you back to the previous Menu (thereby acting as the "Back" button).

It sounds like a real faff (and I suppose it is :o), but once you get used to it, it's not too bad - just 3 quick taps to go back.

Hope this helps,

Cliff

Alex30013k
6th May 2011, 16:49
Thats good to know, thanks! i wish i was there when they designed the software!!

:D:D

MARKUK
6th May 2011, 16:54
The whole iPod / iPhone thing annoys me so I don't use it...

I use Bluetooth streaming and control via steering wheel instead or just plug in my 500 gig HDD...:D

The Bluetooth Audio isn't too bad I must say, but getting a bit fed up of shouting at people when they call me via the Bluetooth Phone side of things...

Am either going to but this...

http://www.parrot.com/catalog/products/parrot-mki9100/#top

or this...

http://www.parrot.com/catalog/products/parrot-mki9200/

Both of which you can use to stream the iPod / iPhone, but it's more for a decent Bluetooth phone system for my main phone and then I will use the DD unit for my work Blackberry, seeing as my Tesco special £8.49 hands free thang died last week !...

HarryM1BYT
6th May 2011, 17:34
It was Mr Ed (I think) who first raised concerns about the Loud button not doing anything. I think he eventually worked out that it did in fact make a difference in certain circumstances.

The skins (if referring to satnav), add extra features to the basic Primo interface and map.

Alex30013k
6th May 2011, 17:47
It was Mr Ed (I think) who first raised concerns about the Loud button not doing anything. I think he eventually worked out that it did in fact make a difference in certain circumstances.

The skins (if referring to satnav), add extra features to the basic Primo interface and map.

Ok think I understand now about the skins part.

As for the lould button, all it does is make my speakers sound dreadful! Lol

HarryM1BYT
6th May 2011, 18:18
It maybe puts more bass on than your speakers can cope with. You need some subs :D

Alex30013k
6th May 2011, 19:31
It maybe puts more bass on than your speakers can cope with. You need some subs :D

I all ready have a sub and new speakers all round.
Just checking but the out puts for the sub are the "RCA" out put on the back of the head unit is that correct?

HarryM1BYT
6th May 2011, 19:44
There is no special output for the subs, the amp just needs a left and right feed - probably from the rear channels I would have thought.

Alex30013k
6th May 2011, 19:54
hum..

I dont know much about subs etc, all i know is that on my old double din i out out puts for the sub just wasnt sure what were the out puts on the new head unit as i dont think the sub works as well now?

tony_fry
7th May 2011, 08:40

The loud button does work, if you keep to the standard setting on the Bass & Treble set on "0" they it will give the unit more base when pushed, the button works in reverse if you have set the bass & treble as you prefer it, pushing the loud button takes it back to "0"

mh007
7th May 2011, 08:56
Only very slightly off topic but has anyone heard from Sean lately ?
He doesn't seem to be responding to emails !

tony_fry
7th May 2011, 09:17

Yes Sean is about, I am in daily contact with him, try sending a PM via the forum if he is not responding to email directly.

HarryM1BYT
7th May 2011, 10:01
hum..

I dont know much about subs etc, all i know is that on my old double din i out out puts for the sub just wasnt sure what were the out puts on the new head unit as i dont think the sub works as well now?

I have the original HK amp, speakers and subs all now working again. All the HK amp does is take in the four channels (F&R, L&R) at speaker levels and boosts them and provides output to the subs on the parcel shelf. My subs and the system sounds pretty good. The subs do sound awful if I open the boot and listen outside - it sounds very distorted. Inside the car, as already said - it sounds pretty good.

Radioguy
7th May 2011, 13:16

mIKE ?

I am here ????

mh007
7th May 2011, 14:31
Hi Sean

I've sent you a PM
Thanks,

Mike