PDA

View Full Version : SugarSync

MARKUK
8th May 2011, 11:36
Guys,

If you want to sign up for SugarSync and get 5 GIGS of free storage then

Signup for Sugarsync HERE (https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=ojjkiyhcsvhr)..

Also, by using this link you will get an extra 500 megs storage and not just 5 gigs !!!..

You will then be able to get invited to share files that we all have access to...

Much better than Dropbox as you only start with 2 gigs there with SugarSync you will start with 5.5 GIGS if you use the link above !...

HarryM1BYT
8th May 2011, 14:24
Besides which, it has much better functionality than Dropbox :D

Simondi
8th May 2011, 14:47
OK so being somewhat of a techno numpty, Mark you know this to be true;) What files are there, what can we use them for and most importantly is it difficult? :)

MARKUK
8th May 2011, 15:28
Nah its not difficult Simon, follow the links and the instructions !

HarryM1BYT
8th May 2011, 15:46
You just install it and you can then use it for backing your own files and /or sharing and exchanging files with others or yourself if you happen to run more than one PC. One use would be to store pdf version of manuals for your car on it and then when away from home, assuming you have access to a PC, you have access to your manuals.

To share a file, you just set up a link to the file and pass the link to anyone else who might need it.

MARKUK
8th May 2011, 15:54
Just installed the app on me iPhone !..

It's going on my iPad too !..

Dead easy to sync files between iPhone and PC when out and about !

MARKUK
12th May 2011, 15:30
Looks like quite a few of us are now using SugarSync !..

Should mke things easier all round !

Mikejr
12th May 2011, 16:10
Looks like quite a few of us are now using SugarSync !..

Should mke things easier all round !

Assuming no one reduces the size of the files by removing Eastern European and or other countries i.e. Germany :shrug: and/or removing lots of lines from the sys.text file.

MARKUK
12th May 2011, 17:09
Well once it's up there in someone's folder, it can be made read only so others can sync it but not change anything !

Mikejr
13th May 2011, 15:12
Well once it's up there in someone's folder, it can be made read only so others can sync it but not change anything !

Yes, I know but unfortunately the files that appeared in my Sugarsync folder were already missing Eastern Europe etc. and had a cut down version of the sys.txt file.

I concur with Harry's post No. 100 in the 'New Improved Primo 1.2' thread re starting off with a full version. Then those of us that want/require the full version can mark the folder's as read only so that thay don't (accidentally) get changed by someone else.

HarryM1BYT
13th May 2011, 17:05
Yes, I know but unfortunately the files that appeared in my Sugarsync folder were already missing Eastern Europe etc. and had a cut down version of the sys.txt file.

I concur with Harry's post No. 100 in the 'New Improved Primo 1.2' thread re starting off with a full version. Then those of us that want/require the full version can mark the folder's as read only so that thay don't (accidentally) get changed by someone else.

I was asking that whoever had the full complete set of te Primo files should put them on Sugarsync for everyone to download. If the help files are absent, maybe someone could track down copies and these could be added to the above complete version?

RovingDennis
13th May 2011, 22:53
MARKUK mentioned free storage. Have you watched the video, it mentions at the end "free for 30 days" what will the charge be after that?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/78774ce011017a88f.jpg

Poppy
13th May 2011, 22:58
Completely lost here.... :shrug: But i do know that Sugar... and....sink ... are not good words for a woman to hear....eeeek. Think i will have to give this one a miss....:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug: :confused:

MARKUK
13th May 2011, 23:36
MARKUK mentioned free storage. Have you watched the video, it mentions at the end "free for 30 days" what will the charge be after that?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/78774ce011017a88f.jpg

If you just choose the 5gig package, it's FREE !...

But if you go for the larger package, it is free for 30 days, then you pay a monthly fee.

So choose the free 5 gigs. !!

HarryM1BYT
14th May 2011, 10:04

I have had the free Sugarsync on my system for around 9 months - still free and working. I have added a bit more free space by a refferal.

I have not used it much in that time, but it seems their system notices when you do use it and emails you to encourage you to purchase space.

MARKUK
14th May 2011, 10:09
I have had a 50% off offer through this week, which for what you get is reasonable good...

This is the way it's going these days..the new Laptop from Google has NO internal storage...It's all "Cloud" based storage such as SugarSync is..

I am up to about 8 gigs now with doing all the little extra bits that you can do and a few referrals...