PDA

View Full Version : dvd player talking chinese - alternate double din unit

ChB
12th May 2011, 14:03
Hello guys,

I have installed the so called 'alternate' double-din unit.

It works fine so far, but the dvd/media player section is talking chinese. I can get into the player's setup menu using the related button on the remote control, but this won't help, as the setup menu is in chinese, too. :shrug:

Any ideas where can I change the menu's language? At least into any language using latin letters.

Just to make it clear: I am not talking about the unit's main menu, but the media player's.

TIA

Chris

Banjo
12th May 2011, 18:53
This may sound a stupid idea, but have you got a local friendly chinese restaurant ? Maybe a chinese member of staff you guide you through the settings until you can change it to German or English. And you could buy your dinner at the same time !

CDTi
12th May 2011, 21:28
Load a CD or DVD and press "setup" on the remote.

Using the right arrow key on the remote, move to the second tab on the setup screen.

Using the down arrow key, move to the top item on the second tab and then press the right arrow key. Using the up arrow key, go to the top of the list and press enter.

Your OSD language should now be in English.

You can select German if you wish - its the third language on the list.

Banjo
12th May 2011, 21:31
There you are - the sensible and accurate way to do it - but no dinner !

CDTi
12th May 2011, 21:36
I can smell the MSG now :D

ChB
13th May 2011, 13:06
Load a CD or DVD and press "setup" on the remote.

Using the right arrow key on the remote, move to the second tab on the setup screen.

Using the down arrow key, move to the top item on the second tab and then press the right arrow key. Using the up arrow key, go to the top of the list and press enter.

Your OSD language should now be in English.

You can select German if you wish - its the third language on the list.

Great. I already had found this setup screen but wasn't able to read anything. :shrug:

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/20/4381520/400_3337323365616137.jpg

I will give it a try when I get back to the car this evening.

Thanks a lot. :bowdown:

Chris

PS.: Why am I hungry for some chinese food now ?

ChB
16th May 2011, 08:15
Done. Thanks a lot.

BTW the chinese food was excellent :D

Banjo
16th May 2011, 08:41
Glad that you got it fixed - I think that I may have to get an order of Szechuan chicken this evening !

CDTi
16th May 2011, 16:11
Done. Thanks a lot.

BTW the chinese food was excellent :DNo problemo ;)