PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help?

ron fleming
1st August 2007, 14:11
Hi, can anyone help ? i have dug out my old scanner, its a PACKARD BELL DIAMOND 1200 PLUS to try and scan some old photos. The problem is i have mislayed my driver cd. I have tried downloading the driver from a number of websites including PACKARD BELL but none seem to work. Does anyone own such a thing and be willing to sell it to me, or even lend it for a fee.

JohnDotCom
1st August 2007, 15:05
It should be recognised by Windows XP but you will need the Drivers.
You will also need to read below notes special for Using XP.
Link is for the Drivers from Packard Bell Direct, but it won't give you full CD you will have to scan using Windows XP.

Windows XP Installation

Below are very important installation messages for the users of Windows XP.
Hardware Installation

Please complete the hardware installation before installing the drivers.

With the power to your PC on, connect the scanner's USB cable to the USB port of your PC.
Connect the power adapter to the scanner and plug it into an appropriate power outlet.Upon connecting the power adapter, the Windows® operating system should automatically detect your scanner and update your system configuration.
Driver Installation

With the PC powered on and connected to your device, a Found New Hardware Wizard dialogue box appears. Follow the steps below to complete the driver installation:

Insert the Driver Installation CD into your disk drive.
Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) in the dialogue box and click Next to continue.
The following dialogue box appears. Select Include this location in the search and then type DRIVE:\WINXP\ (for example e:\winxp\) in the text box, where drive stands for the drive letter containing the Driver Installation CD.
Click Next, the installation will then begin automatically.
Click Finish to exit.When you need to reinstall your scanner, please repeat steps 1 to 3.

Latest Official drivers are here, if you can't download for any reason I can copy and attach them and EMail them to you. http://support.packardbell.com/se/item/index.php?i=6929290000&pi=platform_scannerdiamond1200plus

ron fleming
1st August 2007, 15:56
Thanks for your quick reply JOHN, but i have tried all that you suggested. Although in MY COMPUTER it has the scanner listed it just wont respond. Clicking on the icon gets a responce NO SCANNER OR CAMERA CONNECTED. Think it may be the scanner at fault, although it worked fine before it was put into hibernation.:

mantianak
1st August 2007, 16:36
What software do you use to scan to?

ron fleming
1st August 2007, 16:55
Used to scan straight to picasa . Only used scanner for photoraphs

GreyGhost
1st August 2007, 16:59
Is there a self test option on the scanner, something like hold the power button on for 5 sec or something like that. Quite often the scan head can become jammed. So your PC will see it but it cannot respond as appears to be in use.

ron fleming
1st August 2007, 17:17
Had a go at holding down buttons etc, even a gentle tap to encourage movement, but no responce. Cant find instructions either, must have went with the cd driver to where ever thing like this go when you need them most.