PDA

View Full Version : Tmc mod kits

MARKUK
30th May 2011, 12:39
Hi Guys,

Have just finished building 4 TMC Mod Kits ready to send out tomorrow for a few members...

I now don't have any more componants in stock, however, should there be any interest in a Mod Kit then I will take orders..

Price as always is £35 inc Delivery

Contact me via the email link below or PM me here if interested..

Cheers :D

MARKUK
17th June 2011, 21:49
Guys,

Have another 3 orders for TMC Mod Kits at the moment...

Anyone else want one built whilst I am at it ?...

Will be ordering parts by 12pm tomorrow for building / delivery by
next weekend :D

MARKUK
16th July 2011, 15:08
Guys,

I currently only have two TMC Mod Kits in stock, so if anyone wants one
PM or Mail me using the link below...

All packed and ready to ship once payment is made..

Cheeriebye :D

MARKUK
25th August 2011, 15:47
Still have TWO TMC Mod Kits in stock and ready to post out..

These are left over from the last build when people ordered and I built,
but the cash was not forthcoming !..

After these have gone, I will probably not be making any more and if I do
the price will be going up..

Cheers

MARKUK
21st October 2011, 23:51
Hi Guys,

Been away in holiday and back now...

I have had a couple of people ask me recently for a TMC Kit and then not follow it through with paying etc...

So I have TWO TMC Kits available, should anyone want one..

These are the last of them, and I don't envisage making any more..

Price is still £35 paid via Paypal

Cheers

kissifer1972
22nd October 2011, 01:48
Mark

I have an eRising unit that I have yet to fit to my 75. It has TMC built in and two aerial inputs on the rear, one for tmc and the other for radio.

My car currently has the Highline setup, would your unit benefit this setup in the same way as it does radioguys unit?

Mine is an 01 Y 75 and I believe that means it will have the Diversity amp on the aerial?? Does this make any difference?

Cheers

Chris

MARKUK
22nd October 2011, 01:50
Hi,

It may well do yes, but not knowing the kit you have, I can't say 100%..

Check out the videos and see if your aerial on the rear screen is the same

kissifer1972
22nd October 2011, 02:18
Mark

I'll see if I can get a look at it this weekend but I have a feeling mine will be a diversity amp which I'm not sure will work with your setup or at least not in the same way.

From what I have read of the difficulties people have had with moving to a different head unit when Highline was fitted, it may be better for me to fit a couple of the screen aerials to the front windscreen and run these to the unit instead??? Of course this might still mean one of your units would be beneficial in boosting their signal.

Chris

MARKUK
22nd October 2011, 02:22
Hi Chris,

Well I have two kits available, just let me know if you want one, once you have done some checks...:D

HarryM1BYT
22nd October 2011, 07:11
Mark

I'll see if I can get a look at it this weekend but I have a feeling mine will be a diversity amp which I'm not sure will work with your setup or at least not in the same way.

From what I have read of the difficulties people have had with moving to a different head unit when Highline was fitted, it may be better for me to fit a couple of the screen aerials to the front windscreen and run these to the unit instead??? Of course this might still mean one of your units would be beneficial in boosting their signal.

Chris

So far as I am aware, no one has managed to yet resolve the problem of utilising the diversity antenna with a none Hi-line system. I would be inclined to suggest -

Maybe swapping the diversity amp for the later none diversity one, using one of the existing rear screen antennas. No one has tested this, so no idea how well it might work.

Or fitting a separate antenna complete with an amp of some sort. All modern radios seem to expect an antenna amp - maybe you could use two of Mark's amps to do this, one for radio one for RDS. RDS is not that fussy about reception quality as radio, providing it is via an amp - so a long bit of wire hidden in the roof lining will satisfy its needs.

[EDIT] Sorry, for RDS above, please read it as TMC

lathbury
22nd October 2011, 10:37
Hi, I have Sean's d/d with RDS fitted but not TMC which I would like, will this kit convert my d/d to TMC please?. John.

MARKUK
22nd October 2011, 11:17
Hi John,

If your DD has no TMC, this will NOT help...

The hardware required won't have been installed on your unit...

Currently, I know of now way to add TMC to the DD that has not been
fitted with the RoyalTek chip..

lathbury
22nd October 2011, 11:22
Hi Mark, Thanks for the quick reply, maybe I should ask Sean about a part ex to upgrade. I fitted Simons walnut kit on the d/d. maybe that would peel off. John.

MARKUK
22nd October 2011, 11:28
No worries John..

TBH, if you drive a lot then TMC is a must have, if you don't, you can probably live without it !

lathbury
25th October 2011, 14:40
Hi Mark, I e.mailed you recently about the TMC upgrade you have made saying I did not have TMC in my d/d, well I have now. I have just treated myself to an early birthday present. I have ordered the new d/d from Sean. Is your mod still available?, if so I would like one please. Thanks. John.

MARKUK
25th October 2011, 16:47
John

PM sent

MARKUK
27th October 2011, 21:58
All kits have gone now guys.

Won't be making any more, unless there is a decent requirement.

Cheers

HarryM1BYT
27th October 2011, 22:14
All kits have gone now guys.

Won't be making any more, unless there is a decent requirement.

Cheers

Thanks for your efforts with this Mark...

MARKUK
27th October 2011, 22:22
No worries Harry :D

VVC-Geeza
27th October 2011, 23:02
Yes thank you Mark for the mod and all the help and tech support :)

MARKUK
27th October 2011, 23:17
Your very welcome Mick...:D

lathbury
1st November 2011, 13:25
Hi Mark, Thanks for the mod, it arrived today, In the instructions and your videos I understand everything but "connection1 and connection2", is that white wire already in my car and an I right in thinking your mod goes behind the d/d?. Thanks. John.

MARKUK
1st November 2011, 16:30
John,

Connections 1 & 2 are to be done on the back pillar as per instructions..

You can site the Amp either behind your DD or even under the Glovebox.

Cheers

madone
1st November 2011, 18:53
Yes Mark has done a great job for us all, cheers Mark. Have not used it for months but new android DD will test it when I get it ;)

MARKUK
1st November 2011, 19:03
No worries matey :D

Have had a request for one today, and I will make them to order, however, will be charging £37.50 and will make once I have had the cash.

Mohinder
4th December 2011, 19:51
Hi mark

Have you got a tmc/am/fm amplifier for hualingan HL-8726GB. if so can you give me your email address so i can contact you as i am interesting in purchasing one.
thanks mohinder

MARKUK
4th December 2011, 21:20
Hi Mohinder,

I only made them for the Rover's, not been tested on the unit you have, so couldn't say if it would work..

However, should you want one, you can contact me via the links below, and the price is £37.50.

Lead time is apx 14 days as I am away next week so won't be around to build one.

Cheers