PDA

View Full Version : Interior light

Swordy
5th June 2011, 20:38
Came back to my car and found my rear interior roof light unit hanging down on its cable.......
Found both sets of plastic clips had broken?!
Looking at them I can't see any trace of glue....from a past repair.

Has this ever happened to anyone else...very weird?!!:shrug:

Cheers
Paul

lb4406
5th June 2011, 20:40
Came back to my car and found my rear interior roof light unit hanging down on its cable.......

Cheers
Paul

Weird - I can't help but can I hijack your thread briefly ? :-) the 1/3 of the front light that opens with the passenger door doesn't work on mine - the light is ok as the switch on it works it fine so I'm assuming its the door sensor but I can't see one!

suzublu
5th June 2011, 20:41
Weird - I can't help but can I hijack your thread briefly ? :-) the 1/3 of the front light that opens with the passenger door doesn't work on mine - the light is ok as the switch on it works it fine so I'm assuming its the door sensor but I can't see one!
Try the bulb?:shrug:

lb4406
5th June 2011, 20:44
Try the bulb?:shrug:

"the light is ok as the switch on it works fine"

I.e. I can turn the passenger 1/3 on and off using the switch on the light unit itself but it does ****** all when the door opens and closes

suzublu
5th June 2011, 20:52
I do believe if you press and hold the main button on the interior light for a while,it turns on & off the interior light function when opening the door:shrug:

Dallas
5th June 2011, 23:31

Cheers
Paul

Yep! it happened to my other 75 :shrug: went out one morning and the light was just hanging from the roof lining.

Is it the heat from the sun on the roof (temperature) from within the car that heats up the brittle plastic causing breakage....... :confused: I have two broken rear interior light clusters as trophy's.

Same goes for the rear window break-light, thats another HOT sunny day problem......... :shrug: :D

gaz7560
6th June 2011, 01:49

Cheers
Paul

Yep, happened to mine, bought a new one from rimmers although plenty on fleabay.

Gary

Freebyrd
6th June 2011, 02:35
I do believe if you press and hold the main button on the interior light for a while,it turns on & off the interior light function when opening the door:shrug:
Yes, if held for 5 secs.

lb4406
6th June 2011, 17:10
Thanks but its not that as it works fine on the drivers door. In the bad old days I would have assumed it was a bad connection on the little "plunger" that used to go in and out when the door opened and closed but the 75 doesn't seem to have those.

Thomas
6th June 2011, 18:55
Moved to technical help forum for a bit better coverage

scorpio stu
7th June 2011, 21:12

Cheers
Paul

How strange exactly the same happened to me today,just assumed it must be all the road humps round my way that caused it to fall down . checked it and the same as you,the small plastic clips had broken and cant be repaired. Great design feature...not. I'll post in wanted and see if anyones got.