PDA

View Full Version : How do you update SatNav?

JohnoSS1
6th June 2011, 16:55
Wow.....loads of info regarding new DD units.
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago from Sean (Thanks for quick delivery) but the problem I have is that many of the roads around my area have reduced their speed limits.

At the moment I have IGO8 installed.

The questions I have are?

How do you keep your unit upto date with the latest roads etc...?

Confused about IGO8 and IGO Primo, which is better and how do I aquire Primo if it is better....?

I guess these questions have been asked before but there are so many....... posts and are struggling with all the information regarding downloading from SugarSync and DropBox (not used any of these before) and just don't want to mess up my unit.

Sorry if I am repeating previously asked questions but is there anybody who can help.

Many thanks Johno..
ps is there a manual for IGO programs?

HarryM1BYT
6th June 2011, 18:57
You will not mess your system up, install Sugasync and give it a go. All you are doing is giving the satnav some different software to run.

The more recent the software, the more recent are the included maps, so more likely to be up to date. Primo is more recent and the best thing to do is install the downloaded (via Sugarsync) software onto a second micro SD card - that way if you need to you can revert back to your old version. The software is already set up, ready to run from the card, all you need do is tell the DD which folder and file it should run at startup. In this case 'IGO-Primo.exe'

tony_fry
8th June 2011, 06:21
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago from Sean (Thanks for quick delivery) but the problem I have is that many of the roads around my area have reduced their speed limits.

Confused about IGO8 and IGO Primo, which is better and how do I aquire Primo if it is better....?

I guess these questions have been asked before but there are so many....... posts and are struggling with all the information regarding downloading from SugarSync and DropBox (not used any of these before) and just don't want to mess up my unit.

Sorry if I am repeating previously asked questions but is there anybody who can help.

Many thanks Johno..

I now have the latest maps (NavTeq) Quarter 1 2011 for both IGO & Primo, I can do you a card with both IGO & Primo on it with the latest maps.

PM me and I will give you the details.

Miff
8th June 2011, 08:04
I'd like to have the latest maps, PM sent.

wnj516
8th July 2011, 21:44
Hi Tony
I have just installed my DD unit from Sean it has both maps on it,IGO8 andyour Primo, so how will i get updates and when are they normally avaible, do i go back to Sean or what is the method.
Thanks
wnj516
Nigel

MARKUK
8th July 2011, 22:04

Many thanks Johno..

John...

Check out my post on this thread...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=86883

tony_fry
11th July 2011, 06:18
Hi Tony
I have just installed my DD unit from Sean it has both maps on it,IGO8 andyour Primo, so how will i get updates and when are they normally avaible, do i go back to Sean or what is the method.
Thanks
wnj516
Nigel

Hi William,

The SD card is the very latest versions of the software, if and when they change I will post on the forum what has been updated.