PDA

View Full Version : ICE/ Satnav sound - confused

HarryM1BYT
8th June 2011, 16:26
Before the SatNav threw a wobbly at the weekend, I thought I had had - sound from ICE, with vision from the SatNav and the ICE audio being interrupted by the announcements from the SatNav.

I now have the choice of Satnav on screen, with its announcements or if I tap the power button, I then get the ICE on screen, plus the ICE audio, interrupted by the Satnav announcements. Can't seem to get ICE audio with the screen displaying the Satnav - am I getting confused?

Teflon
8th June 2011, 17:15
Very odd!

Worth trying a battery off reset perhaps? Other than that, you could try resetting the unit using the small pin hole at the front.

Cliff

picky747
9th June 2011, 09:48
You can select it in the units main setup menu.Make sure the button labelled GPS LISTEN is highlighted.

HarryM1BYT
9th June 2011, 21:57
You can select it in the units main setup menu.Make sure the button labelled GPS LISTEN is highlighted.

That sounds like the likely explanation, I take a look at that setting. Thanks...

geoff11
9th June 2011, 22:51
I have ego prima works brilliantly, only weird thing is after having the sat nav and music on , ( any source) the music stops after about 5 minutes ?

HarryM1BYT
10th June 2011, 21:48

The GPS Listen setting was the cause, but putting that back to on, showed up another issue....

My satnav announcements are back to the the problem I had before of it missing of the first bit of the announcement - '..ning' onstead of 'Warning'. It has nothing to do with the maps, it misses the first bit off if audio is enabled from any ICE audio source - sorry for originally misleading everyone over what seemed to be the cause of the audio problem :)